Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Bonus Journeys Promotion Late 2023 - 3k pts/3 EQNs up to 21k. 6Oct-30Nov

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2023, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Edit — Promo confirmed

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...-journeys.html

From Google meta description - webpage not alive yet, neither are dates mentioned

From the meta description: “Register for Bonus Journeys to earn 3000 Bonus Points, up to 21000 Bonus Points, for every three qualifying nights. Plus, cardmembers can earn even more.”

Last edited by GeneralTalker1030; Sep 12, 2023 at 12:31 pm
Old Aug 29, 2023, 2:35 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Darn, I was really hoping for double EQN.
cdubz likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 3:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Better than nothing but still don’t understand why:
1/ giving bonus points per night (would be even worse per stay) vs per $ spent (son same bonus for a cheap 100$ night with no extra spending than a suite in a PH with dinner, spa and airport transfers)?
2/ why put a cap on 21 nights (or whatever the number)?
Old Aug 29, 2023, 4:14 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Diamond
Wonder if EQNs earned with card spend count?
Old Aug 29, 2023, 5:07 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Yeesh - another flaccid offer that goes to show there isn't much originality coming out of Hyatt now that they're recycling the Bonus Journeys name for the umpteenth time.

khabah
Old Aug 29, 2023, 7:31 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I wonder if this will be a fixed offer for all or if it will be like the early 2023 targeted offers. I roll 60 nights this weekend so will need greater motivation to add unplanned stays..
Old Aug 29, 2023, 7:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Better than nothing but still don’t understand why:
1/ giving bonus points per night (would be even worse per stay) vs per $ spent (son same bonus for a cheap 100$ night with no extra spending than a suite in a PH with dinner, spa and airport transfers)?
2/ why put a cap on 21 nights (or whatever the number)?
As for (1), I agree, the rare promos based on $ spend can be very nice, especially if you are a high spender. But, cheap 100$ nights at the HP Topeka (for example) is pretty important to that hotel/owner operator that is flagging with Hyatt. Don't dismiss the value in that for the overall program (even if your value in that is nothing). Personally, I don't might promos by night because I can get bonuses on my free pt and certificate stays as well, and don't need to change the equation between laying down cash and cashing out points.
As for (2), I don't know. Probably did some guesswork/analytics to find that road warriors staying that often aren't going to be particularly persuaded past 21 nights.

Originally Posted by DltaSchmlta
Wonder if EQNs earned with card spend count?
Most likely not. Credit card earned nights have never counted (in any recent history) for any promos like this.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 8:52 am

Hiltons next promo starts Sep 6. Marriotts next promo starts Sep 12 so hopefully this one starts no later than Sep 15 although I am expecting it to start Oct 1.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by khabah
Yeesh - another flaccid offer that goes to show there isn't much originality coming out of Hyatt now that they're recycling the Bonus Journeys name for the umpteenth time.

khabah
Looks good enough to me.

A double points offer would require a room rate of $200+ pre-tax to earn an extra 1,000 points per night. So cheaper stays, including award nights, come out way ahead with 1,000 points per night.

Only Hilton is running a "big spender" promo, but Honors points are nearly worthless and of course everybody is "elite" (lmao) at Hilton...
Old Aug 29, 2023, 1:31 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
This maxes out at 21 nights. Guess we will have to wait for the details... lots of waiting these days. Still waiting for MGM/Bonvoy status match details
Old Aug 29, 2023, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
This maxes out at 21 nights.
Best to assume this is another "starting with second stay" promo. So 22 or more nights for those 21k bonus points...
Old Aug 29, 2023, 8:14 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Oh crap! I hope details are published soon as I have 2 week stay coming up quick.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Looks good enough to me.

A double points offer would require a room rate of $200+ pre-tax to earn an extra 1,000 points per night. So cheaper stays, including award nights, come out way ahead with 1,000 points per night.

Only Hilton is running a "big spender" promo, but Honors points are nearly worthless and of course everybody is "elite" (lmao) at Hilton...
Agreed - my only issue with the promotion is it tops off a bit short, 21K is just enough for a cat. 6 during off-peak dates
Old Aug 30, 2023, 12:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Darn, I was really hoping for double EQN.
Lol kind of late for that, not to mention due to the Bilt promo guessing that’s way off the table.

Also, wasn’t Double EQN offered in Q1??
Old Aug 30, 2023, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by GeneralTalker1030
Agreed - my only issue with the promotion is it tops off a bit short, 21K is just enough for a cat. 6 during off-peak dates
Plus an additional 1,000 bonus points every three nights for Hyatt card holders so that brings it up to 28,000 points possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.