Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Current Hyatt Promotions (announcements only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Markie
Originally Posted by peteropny
This thread will not be locked but please keep commentary on the individual promotions in their specific thread.
Feel free to give comments on this sticky in this thread or point out promotions that we may have missed. However, at some point, we may delete posts so that this sticky remains "clean", please do not be offended.
(also feel free to edit this wiki to list current promos and remove outdated ones -- anyone with 90 days and 90 posts should be able to edit the wiki).
Can we please not remove promos until they are over > 1 month, to allow people chasing points etc easy access.

Current EMEA promo; 24% off at 143 participating properties, includes breakfast book Jan 5 - Jan 29 2024: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/promo/member-private-sale?
1 Jul - 15 Sept 23 here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ul-15-sep.html

New global promo, 1 Oct - 30 Nov 23 here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...00-points.html

FT link to add'l codes/promos here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...corporate.html
1,000 ETIHAD miles in addition to Hyatt Base Miles - 1.2.24 to 30.3.24 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...cQaQDBRnpXOi0g

Print Wikipost

Current Hyatt Promotions (announcements only)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2021, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
This current promo is amazing; worth a strong look if you have not considered.

2500 points per two nights as cardholder
.1 of a cat 4 cert per night, on the first 10
4 ppd on Hyatt CC
6.5 ppd as Globalist
1000 AA per night, new promo

And I have a legit 10-day business stay at a hotel, so it’s tax-deductible, and I negotiated a discount rate.

They are paying me to stay.

I wish I had not gone so hard in 1Q.
It depends on what the room rate is.

For low rates it is amazing for the first 10 days. Then great for the next 20 days. Then good from there on.

For high rates, it doesn’t compare to previous versions.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by coleslaw

For low rates it is amazing for the first 10 days. Then great for the next 20 days. Then good from there on.

I guess I don’t expect Hyatt to give me $300 nights for free.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I guess I don’t expect Hyatt to give me $300 nights for free.
Well yes, that’s a good expectation to start off with.

The previous promotion that was based on dollar spend was much more lucrative for a “high” rate.
mrgoodkat likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 6:12 pm

The last promotion was the best I've ever seen, between the triple and quadruple points on spend and the 25% back on award stays I ended up with an additional 400k points more than what I would have normally gotten. I'll stay 10 nights during this promotion and get an additional 25k points plus a free night cert. Under the last promotion I would have ended up with an extra 90k points during those 10 nights.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Tonyr4
The last promotion was the best I've ever seen, between the triple and quadruple points on spend and the 25% back on award stays I ended up with an additional 400k points more than what I would have normally gotten. I'll stay 10 nights during this promotion and get an additional 25k points plus a free night cert. Under the last promotion I would have ended up with an extra 90k points during those 10 nights.
Agree - although I didn’t earn quite as much as you - but I don’t expect to see a repeat of that level of “generosity” anytime soon.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 8:58 pm

Agree - although I didn’t earn quite as much as you - but I don’t expect to see a repeat of that level of “generosity” anytime soon.
We were away in CO for the whole month of December mostly at Hyatt hotels so that brought in a big chuck of points. Also, I booked our President's week trip about a year in advance where I redeemed 350k points. To my surprise Hyatt extended the promotion through Feb 28th which netted me another 100k plus in unexpected points bringing my total up over 400k for that promotion. If I can get 3 to 5 cents a point which I normally do on my redemptions (using a suite upgrade) it could be as much as a 20k return on all of the extra point bonuses. I agree that we probably won't see a promotion like the last one for a long long time.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Tonyr4
We were away in CO for the whole month of December mostly at Hyatt hotels so that brought in a big chuck of points. Also, I booked our President's week trip about a year in advance where I redeemed 350k points. To my surprise Hyatt extended the promotion through Feb 28th which netted me another 100k plus in unexpected points bringing my total up over 400k for that promotion. If I can get 3 to 5 cents a point which I normally do on my redemptions (using a suite upgrade) it could be as much as a 20k return on all of the extra point bonuses. I agree that we probably won't see a promotion like the last one for a long long time.
So I just checked my ski season bookings for next year. I used 520k points at 3 hotels where the cash rates were 32k for the rooms I secured. That comes out to 6.2 cents a point.

Last edited by Tonyr4; Apr 23, 2021 at 9:18 pm
Old Apr 28, 2021, 6:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Why do you consider it only good after the next 20 nights?
Old Apr 28, 2021, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why do you consider it only good after the next 20 nights?
The 1,000 AA miles a night promo is only good for a max of 30,000 miles (and is targeted), so stacking all promos together means the value reduces from the 10th night (after you get the Cat1-4 cert) and again from the 30th night (no more AA miles).
Old Apr 28, 2021, 11:31 am

I just got an email from AA about the 1000 bonus AA miles promotion (I was targeted and got an email from my concierge about it, but no "official" marketing email from Hyatt):

For a limited time, you can earn 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles per qualifying night when you stay at Hyatt hotels.

Enjoying this exclusive offer couldn’t be easier. Here’s how:
  • Register by June 30, 2021
  • Book and complete stays between April 15, 2021 and July 31, 2021
  • Earn 1,000 bonus miles per qualifying night
That's in addition to the miles you earn with our ongoing collaboration with World of Hyatt. As an AAdvantage elite member you also earn 1 AAdvantage® bonus mile for every $1 USD spent on qualifying Hyatt stays and experiences.

You can also
earn thousands of World of Hyatt Bonus Points and a free night with Bonus Journeys through June 15. Offers are combinable and registration is required.
Spoiler

Old Apr 28, 2021, 2:18 pm

That's interesting that you got 1,000 per night for the nights prior to the promotion start date. I'm checking out of a four week stay in a few days so it'll be interesting to see if I get 28,000 AA miles or just 1000 for each night of the stay after the 15th. Initially I was thinking this stay wouldn't trigger any of the bonus since it began well before the start date.

They do stack.
Do we have a list of cheapest properties that are listed as "new hotels" to take advantage of the extra 1k a night?
Old Apr 28, 2021, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chrisjames
Do we have a list of cheapest properties that are listed as "new hotels" to take advantage of the extra 1k a night?
If you visit the page with the bonus offer on hyatt.com, there's a little button labeled "refine". It allows you to filter by award category. Sure, the room rate need not correspond to the award category. But usually, the cheapest properties are cat. 1, 2, or 3 ones, perhaps cat. 4 ones on occasion.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by chrisjames
Theres not all that many of them in the US and just 37 in total. You can probably guess which ones are cheapest and do a little searching with your shortlis:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ew-hotels.html
Old Apr 29, 2021, 6:45 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
How to maximize my situation?
I have lots of points 250K+
We do the stays on my account
I do not have the CC and was not targeted for the AA promo (accounts are linked)
My spouse has very few points
She has the CC
Not targeted for AA promo
Several stays coming up that could be booked Hyatt
Any suggestions or ideas?
Do you get the additional points by paying the CC or does it have to be on an account that shows there is a CC?
Old Apr 29, 2021, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
How to maximize my situation?
I have lots of points 250K+
We do the stays on my account
I do not have the CC and was not targeted for the AA promo (accounts are linked)
My spouse has very few points
She has the CC
Not targeted for AA promo
Several stays coming up that could be booked Hyatt
Any suggestions or ideas?
Do you get the additional points by paying the CC or does it have to be on an account that shows there is a CC?
CC bonuses are tied to the WOH account linked to the card.

Paying by CC for a reservation under your name will just get the CC holder the regular 4x Hyatt spend points. No card bonus for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.