Reload this Page >

HK Re-Opening to Non-Residents

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HK Re-Opening to Non-Residents

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2022, 3:36 am

Sure looks as if things have returned to "normal," at least from the photo of the Peak Tram.
maalloc likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Thank you, I cannot wait for the craziness to (hopefully, one day) subside and for things to go back to as normal as possible.
gudugan and maalloc like this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 11:03 pm

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
I did a search to try to find the answer to my question with no luck

if I am an USA passport holder with permanent HK identity card, can I enter HK with no vaccination?

I would appreciate any advice if anyone has first-hand knowledge on this topic
Old Oct 28, 2022, 7:28 pm

Under the current 0+3 scheme, after PCR test done at Hong Kong international airport on arrival day, can I go to Hotel right away? or do I need to install 'LeaveHomeApp" to enter Hotel?
Thanks!
Old Oct 28, 2022, 9:23 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
From what I have seen so far, nobody gives a about this app except for government offices. I am now in the Blue code stage but I could have eaten in restaurants before if I wanted as nobody checked - though with the risk of testing positive on the mandatory day 2 / 4 / 6 PCRs.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by :D!
From what I have seen so far, nobody gives a about this app except for government offices. I am now in the Blue code stage but I could have eaten in restaurants before if I wanted as nobody checked - though with the risk of testing positive on the mandatory day 2 / 4 / 6 PCRs.
YMMV but my hotel in Causeway Bay required scanning to enter.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by HSBC
Under the current 0+3 scheme, after PCR test done at Hong Kong international airport on arrival day, can I go to Hotel right away? or do I need to install 'LeaveHomeApp" to enter Hotel?
Thanks!
You can go to the hotel straight away. As to LHS, you can install that right now, there is no need to wait for your arrival into HK.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by tauphi
You can go to the hotel straight away. As to LHS, you can install that right now, there is no need to wait for your arrival into HK.
tauphi,
I'll fly to Hong Kong from Vancouver, Canada. I'll go to check in my hotel after arrival at Hong Kong airport.
I have 3 doses (Pfizer), all done in Canada. In order to get the green code, does LHS require to download any vaccine record? If yes, would LHS smart enough to accept Canadian vaccine record?
Thanks!
Old Oct 29, 2022, 9:29 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
tauphi,
I'll fly to Hong Kong from Vancouver, Canada. I'll go to check in my hotel after arrival at Hong Kong airport.
I have 3 doses (Pfizer), all done in Canada. In order to get the green code, does LHS require to download any vaccine record? If yes, would LHS smart enough to accept Canadian vaccine record?
Thanks!
Green code is for boarding the flight. You upload your vaccine proof in order to get the green code. When you land in HK the green code will be scanned when you do you arrival PCR test, then later you will receive another code by email (in a PDF file - the notification of medical surveillance). Use the LHS app to scan the code in the PDF file, and that will generate an amber code in LHS, which turns blue at 9am on day 3. Amber code in LHS is what you need for the hotel if they ask.

The green code is generated immediately so it appears to me that there is no verification at that stage. You have to enter the dates of your vaccines separately, so maybe it checks that. Or maybe someone looks at it before they issue you with the next code. Of course, I used my real vaccine proof for my actual travel, but as a test I uploaded a photo of a cat with some fake details and that also generated a green code.
Cryofern and HSBC like this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 11:05 pm

tauphi,
Thanks!
Non-local vaccines are simply self-reported in HK. You can report when you arrive at the airport, in which case the officer will give you a QR code that you can import into LHS.

You can also report your foreign vaccinations online at any time (even prior to arrival) at:

https://hdf.chp.gov.hk/dhehd/vdf.jsp

This will generate a QR code just like the one that you'll get at the border. This QR code can then be imported into LHS to give you the blue code for entering restaurants, etc.
HSBC likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 8:25 pm

When will you receive the new code by email from the notification of medical surveillance after done the PCR test at the Hong Kong airport at Day 0?
In other words, how many hours after PCR test?
Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2022, 12:42 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
When will you receive the new code by email from the notification of medical surveillance after done the PCR test at the Hong Kong airport at Day 0?
In other words, how many hours after PCR test?
Thanks!
You don't get new codes after either PCR test (Day 0, 2, 4 or 6)

At best you get a SMS the day after (some people don't even receive them)

Your important QR codes are
1) the green code you generate pre-arrival, which is required to board
2) the Leave Home Safe code, that turns amber on arrival then blue again on day 3 morning
HSBC likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
There have been very few reports of what it is like to visit under the current system. Anyone go there lately?
tentseller likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by JNelson113
There have been very few reports of what it is like to visit under the current system. Anyone go there lately?
Bumping this question
Old Nov 11, 2022, 12:10 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by JNelson113
Well, I'll go there again next week. Let me know if you are interested in some feedback.

I didn't write a long post about 0+3 implementation since the topic is already well-documented online and honestly there were zero surprises on my end.
The only "ah, is that so?" moment was when I was refused public library access on Amber code. And seeing the local test center being dismantled gave me a false sense of hope that those crazy testing requirements would be over soon.

Aside from that... it's quite OK to go there under the current 0+3 rules. You just have to behave when your code turns blue and you are free to live as a local. Don't forget that, from day 3 to day 7, you will have 6 Covid Tests and Covid is a thing in HK. I certainly wouldn't want to turn PCR+ on day 6 of monitoring.
JNelson113, mcdullhk88 and oopl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.