Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Thanks, Ryanardo_daVinci! I will stick with the Deluxe Lagoon for now and hope for a Diamond upgrade to something better. Good to know regarding the pool access. I recall really liking the quietness of the suites pool when I visited years ago.

-FlyerBeek
Old May 14, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Just got back from a 7 night stay at this property. I was nervous because of all the renovation disturbance talk, but I can say that I truly did not experience it whatsoever. Blocks I and II are fully renovated and open now. Only Block III is closed and yes there is some construction going on in that building during the day but the only way I think one would be bothered by this is if you are staying in a north-facing room in Block II. Easy way around that though, just don't stay in your room during the day. However, in the central pool area between Blocks I and II, there is zero sign that anything is even happening. It is incredibly peaceful, the grounds are very well kept, and the poolside service is excellent.

I booked into a Garden View room on points and was upgraded to an Ocean View room on the top floor at the end of Block II. I never stayed in this hotel pre-renovation, so I can't compare, but the rooms are perfectly modern and have an elegant feel. The king beds are MASSIVE. Like, almost the same width as two queen beds pushed together.

We did breakfast in Suku each morning and it was great. Tons of selection and great service. We never had breakfast in RIN though that was an option. However, we saw signs posted saying that there will not be breakfast available at RIN from May 7th onward, so not sure how long that is going to happen for. Not really sure why, as there aren't any renovations going on in the RIN/Conrad Suites area.

It looks like there used to be a restaurant called Spice, but that is closed for renovations as part of the Block III closure.

As others have said before, the beach was nothing special and was really only there as something to look at. The water looked nasty, shallow, and it was weird to see all the water completely disappear in the afternoons during low tide. We stuck to the excellent pools (both the central pool and the lagoon pool).

If there are any other questions, please let me know and I can answer them to the best of my ability.
JJeffrey and not2017 like this.
Old May 14, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
First time in Bali.

Would this hotel be better or the Hilton Bali ? Doing 5 nights on an award stay.
Conrad - 40K per night
Hilton Bali - 29K per night

We are doing 5 nights at a luxury resort ($400+ a night) in Ubud after this.
I think location is preferred as we will be exploring the island during these 5 days and will relax at the higher end resort in Ubud.
Old May 14, 2019, 3:57 pm

Neither. Nusa Dua is a terrible place from which to explore the island as the traffic is ridiculous. Suggest look at somewhere in Seminyak or elsewhere.
Otherwise te location of both is immaterial in the context of exploring the wider island, they are effectively next door- 5-10min drive

Spice restaurant, for the prior poster, is an overflow and special events restaurant. It opens for breakfast sometimes when at 100% capacity etc.
not2017 likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Diamond Benefits

Originally Posted by sualg
I've just completed a five night stay at the Conrad.

I booked a base room and was pre upgraded to a newly refurbished Lagoon twin (diamond) . I asked if i could be upgraded to a Conrad Suite and was told it would be $100 per night, i negotiated that price down and took the suite. I do feel based on the occupancy being around 40% according to the staff and the suites were empty they should of maybe offered the upgrade for free.

Staff are very friendly and want to help but its a bit hit and miss as to if you get what you want. Breakfast is good quality, Dinner at RIN was ok but nothing special . Alcohol is expensive and the local wine quality is not the best during the evening cocktails. We took our evening cocktails in the lobby lounge as we have a young child, the staff are lovely, the canapes were great, i stuck my head into the Club Lounge and its not particularly big if the hotel was busy.

Some building work is still ongoing but it didn't disturb us and its very well managed. The Conrad suites are the next to be renovated, so they are looking a little tired and shabby in places, i just wanted it for the extra space and for that if was fantastic.

Its funny but others have commented on the watersports freeway on the beach and they are not joking! All day fronm 9am-5pm jetski's and speedboats roar up and down. It didn't effect me but if your "noise sensitive' it may well!

However if i look at what i paid for the week including lunch and evening meals its pretty good value for money, just don't try and compare it too much to other Conrad locations as its just not up to that usual high standard overall, but equally dont discount it because it represents good value for money.
Do you mind summarizing what the Diamond benefits are here? I have tried searching but can't see a good summary in one place.
Old May 21, 2019, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by filelover
Do you mind summarizing what the Diamond benefits are here? I have tried searching but can't see a good summary in one place.
Currently enjoying my 3rd trip this year, standard diamond benefits are room upgrade (1 level up subject to availability), access to Rin or the lobby area for afternoon tea, executive lounge or lobby area(if you have accompanying children) for evening canapés and drinks and access to the suites pool area. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, let me know, happy to help.
not2017 likes this.

Last edited by Aeolus; May 21, 2019 at 4:37 am
Old May 21, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Originally Posted by filelover
See my post #603 in this thread
Old May 21, 2019, 9:35 pm

This might help too
not2017 likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 6:26 pm

Does anyone have any news on when the hotel expects the renovations to be done?
Old May 22, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Aeolus

This might help too
Thank you - this is exactly what I was looking for.
Old May 24, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
What kind of upgrade would diamond get if they booked a base room?(on cash)
Old May 25, 2019, 4:36 pm

It's highly variable. Some will get Conrad Suite (rare, some staff tell you no one gets this upgrade); some will get Kind Ocean Suite or Lagoon Suite. Others will just get a few categories availability dependant.

My experience is always good treatment.
not2017 likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Rasmus3s
Does anyone have any news on when the hotel expects the renovations to be done?
Block 3 is currently being done, good to see that they completely strip out the room into bare concrete shell to start again. I didn’t ask about timing of completion but looking at the current state of Block 3, it would be another month at least.
If you are in Block 1, you wouldn’t even know there’s any renovations taking place at the resort unless you walk past it on the way to the suites area or Rin. They will try to accommodate most guests on Block 1 to ensure no impact from the renovation, etc.
I just had another amazing stay, the staff are the real jewel of this property.

Last edited by Aeolus; May 25, 2019 at 5:23 pm
Old May 25, 2019, 5:09 pm

As for upgrades, as per Cynicor’s comments, the better upgrades are reserved for more regular guests. You could still receive a suite if the occupancy is lower etc.

Last edited by Aeolus; May 25, 2019 at 5:24 pm
Old May 25, 2019, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Aeolus

Block 3 is currently being done, good to see that they completely strip out the room into bare concrete shell to start again.
If you are in Block 1, you wouldn’t even know there’s any renovations taking place at the resort unless you walk past it on the way to the suites area or Rin,
I just had another amazing stay, the staff are the real jewel of this property.
So true about the staff. I was at Hilton Niseko recently and booked a dinner with the concierge. "Mr X. Very familiar name. Ah- you have stayed at the Conrad Bali a few times, yes?".
Just amazing, he'd been in Japan a couple of years already!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.