Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2020, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
Book by June 2020 for any date till end of 2021. By the way, I confirmed with Conrad that this is cancelable per their global Covid 19 policy
I emailed the hotel and were told it can be moved up to two times 90 days prior to the check in but not cancelled. I guess we will have to see who wins out on this if there is a dispute. I would personally suggest booking for 2H21 if you want to have more clarity. Should be able to move forward easier.
Old May 30, 2020, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Purr, although not indicative I remember staying in late 2005 after both the Tsunami and again after the Bali bombings , and the rates not just at the Conrad but everywhere in Bali were dirty cheap....hotels are just trying to make enough to keep the lights on.

While this adopted to all properties, it was especially notable for the Conrad as it was brand new.
Old May 30, 2020, 7:04 am

They told me as well that it is nor refundable. Can be moved up to two times.

Has to be booked by May 31.

Any documentation of hilton corporate saying otherwise?
Old May 30, 2020, 10:54 am

The email I got clearly says its refundable per Hilton C19 policy. Pasting last line from email but removed the reps name to avoid any personal vendetta against him/her. LOL--------------------------

We will honor the cancellation one day prior to arrival based on Hilton Global Policy.
Kind regards

t. 62.361.778785 or toll free 0800.140.1147 (Indonesia)
f. 62.361.778780
e. [email protected]
Old Jun 1, 2020, 6:53 am

I think the Conrad Bali are trying their luck at the moment. This is my experience:
  • Made a reservation in August last year for a stay in June this year.
  • On 14th May I contacted Hilton reservations when it became obvious my family will not be allowed to enter Indonesia in June, and also after my QR flights were cancelled. I was asked for the reason I was cancelling "because the booking was non-refundable". I said our flights from Europe were cancelled, and besides that we won't be allowed to enter Indonesia anyway. I was surprised I was being asked this considering the global policy Hilton have implemented regarding non-refundable bookings. The call centre employee agreed to refund the booking "but that it might take 30 days". I thought "fair enough".
  • Two days ago I received an email from the Conrad Bali saying "we're sorry you are cancelling your stay with us", and "what are the reasons for the cancellation, as a booking penalty may apply?" I replied saying I've already explained why I'm cancelling to the Hilton call centre on 14th May. I then explained again why the booking is being cancelled and when can I expect my refund?
  • Two days later I received a reply failing to explain when my refund will be processed. They also said "We do understand for the current situation, for this particular case we would suggest you to keep your current deposit for your upcoming booking, we are honor to amend your reservation until 31st of May 2021 with rate subject to change."
  • "We suggest you keep your deposit"?!! I replied again saying "I'm now asking you for a third time to refund my booking".
Old Jun 1, 2020, 9:43 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by Yorkshire Pudding
I think the Conrad Bali are trying their luck at the moment. This is my experience:
  • On 14th May I contacted Hilton reservations when it became obvious my family will not be allowed to enter Indonesia in June, and also after my QR flights were cancelled. I was asked for the reason I was cancelling "because the booking was non-refundable". I said our flights from Europe were cancelled, and besides that we won't be allowed to enter Indonesia anyway. I was surprised I was being asked this considering the global policy Hilton have implemented regarding non-refundable bookings. The call centre employee agreed to refund the booking "but that it might take 30 days". I thought "fair enough".
  • Two days ago I received an email from the Conrad Bali saying "we're sorry you are cancelling your stay with us", and "what are the reasons for the cancellation, as a booking penalty may apply?" I replied saying I've already explained why I'm cancelling to the Hilton call centre on 14th May. I then explained again why the booking is being cancelled and when can I expect my refund?
  • Two days later I received a reply failing to explain when my refund will be processed. They also said "We do understand for the current situation, for this particular case we would suggest you to keep your current deposit for your upcoming booking, we are honor to amend your reservation until 31st of May 2021 with rate subject to change."
  • "We suggest you keep your deposit"?!! I replied again saying "I'm now asking you for a third time to refund my booking".
Totally understand your frustration, but also totally understand the Conrad for trying. Hotels are absolutely desperate for cash at the moment and the alternative may be bankruptcy. I have both cancelled with refund where I absolutely am sure I will not be able to reach certain properties within a year but I have also agreed to reschedule (dates not fixed) at others where I will be doing my best to go. And in the last case the "deposit" can still be refunded at a later date if it turns out to be unusable.
Cynicor and Beano like this.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 10:31 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
We do understand for the current situation, for this particular case we would suggest you to keep your current deposit for your upcoming booking, we are honor to amend your reservation until 31st of May 2021 with rate subject to change.

I'd be happy to let a hotel keep my deposit if they agree to change the dates to new dates of my choosing at the same rate. If they want to keep my deposit and subject me to whatever the rack rate is on the new dates, why would I agree to that? If I'm willing to pay the new price, I could just refund now and rebook later.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 1:04 pm

Conrad Bali booked my 2 rooms for 2021 Thanksgiving. Confirmation letter doesn't say anything about no cancellation. Its only says no show would be charged for 1 night stay. Email them also confirmed again (second time) that they would follow Hilton global C19 policy. I wanted to double confirm so I passed the reservation numbers to Hilton corporate (Twitter) and they checked and confirmed its cancellable till one day before check-in day. Great deal !!

Old Jun 2, 2020, 1:13 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by anabolism
I'd be happy to let a hotel keep my deposit if they agree to change the dates to new dates of my choosing at the same rate. If they want to keep my deposit and subject me to whatever the rack rate is on the new dates, why would I agree to that? If I'm willing to pay the new price, I could just refund now and rebook later.
Agree. With a couple of emails I managed to get another property (non Hilton) to agree to this option, after they first only wanted me to change to next year with higher rates.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 1:31 am

An update to this. They've emailed me now to say they will refund the money to my credit card, but "it will take 3 months". The way they're dragging their feet over this is ruining what was a nice gesture from Hilton. I'd already decided that should we go back to Bali any time in the future, we would definitely stay at the Conrad. Instead of leaving me with a good feeling, I now think the people who run this hotel are just not trustworthy. So I am going to contact Hilton on Twitter.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 5:41 am

Do Hilton Golds definitely receive afternoon tea at this hotel?
Most reviews online were diamond when they received the benefit, only a couple were golds.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 5:50 am

Golds do not routinely get afternoon tea as far as I know.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 7:36 am
Suspended

An update to this. They've emailed me now to say they will refund the money to my credit card, but "it will take 3 months". The way they're dragging their feet over this is ruining what was a nice gesture from Hilton. I'd already decided that should we go back to Bali any time in the future, we would definitely stay at the Conrad. Instead of leaving me with a good feeling, I now think the people who run this hotel are just not trustworthy. So I am going to contact Hilton on Twitter.
3 months for a refund? Lol do they think they are an airline. Tell them to refund your card within 7 days per the Hilton policy or you will dispute the transaction with your credit card.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Cynicor
Golds do not routinely get afternoon tea as far as I know.
Have read a few online reviews being Gold did get Afternoon tea, one being Gold but got a letter stating they were Diamonds so all the benefits.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 11:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by Tilly71
Have read a few online reviews being Gold did get Afternoon tea, one being Gold but got a letter stating they were Diamonds so all the benefits.
They must’ve gotten the rare upgrade.

The free breakfast is a good perk but no, you don’t get the tea or evening cocktails as a good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.