Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2019, 2:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
I’d compare Conrad Bali closer to a chicken breast than a steak with steak pricing
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I agree. It's like comparing Spam to steak, lol.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 4:44 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Hi brain trust,
Considering this hotel on points or maybe even cash with a 4 month old as our first getaway with baby. We are americans that live in australia so its not hard to get up there and we want to go in June as that is our fall. I am a diamond. Simple question - is this a good idea?
Concerns
- wouldnt be able to get conrad suite with baby, right?
- upgrades hit-or-miss

Pluses
- nice property given we wont be able to get out much
- free brekkie
- restaurant choices

What do you all think?
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:10 pm

Think it will be a great trip. I’d pay cash.
Generally no upgrades to Conrad suites but not sure why you think you can’t get one with a baby?
restaurant choices are nice and there are a few of them.
sure you’ll have a great trip.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 12:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I'm partly biased since I like this property very much, but I see no problem whatsoever going there with a 4 months old. Moreover there are a lot of well stocked - and cheap - mini markets on the road just outside the hotel. There are also some nice, and easily walkable to, restaurants if one evening you prefer to go out.

So far my favorite room category is the pool direct access, and I think it could be also handy with a baby; you're on the pool but you have your room right there for any sudden need.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Cynicor
Think it will be a great trip. I’d pay cash. .
There is a required 11% tax and 10% service fee added to the cash rate. Paying with points eliminates this 21% surcharge.

I leave cash tips for housekeeping, But I still save 11% tax.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 6:43 am

It's the standard tax rate for everywhere in Asia, or thereabouts. That alone doesn't make an iota of difference to whether someone should pay cash or points, it needs to be the total rate.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by bamboola
There is a required 11% tax and 10% service fee added to the cash rate. Paying with points eliminates this 21% surcharge.

I leave cash tips for housekeeping, But I still save 11% tax.
Hilton is supposed to pay the property tax and service fees on the room charges.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by nichojo
Hi brain trust,
Considering this hotel on points or maybe even cash with a 4 month old as our first getaway with baby. We are americans that live in australia so its not hard to get up there and we want to go in June as that is our fall. I am a diamond. Simple question - is this a good idea?
Concerns
- upgrades hit-or-miss

Pluses
- free brekkie
- restaurant choices

What do you all think?
I did a paid stay last year with the lowest advanced rate I found on the site. They at first gave me a twin room which I complained about as a Diamond. Then they tried to make me wait for a "regular" 90m2 suite that needed cleaning, I pressed them on it and they admitted there's a suite all ready in the more premium section near the executive lounge. It was 110m2. If you fight for it, you can definitely get a suite, but I don't like how Hilton insults you by giving you a terrible room at first and hope you're okay with it. The first room they gave me must have been one of the worst rooms on the property and it was the low season. There's just no reason for that.

I took a lot of video of my room and stay that I intended to make into a YouTube review. If you're interested in seeing it, then I'll put it together later this month.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by itcheroni
I did a paid stay last year with the lowest advanced rate I found on the site. They at first gave me a twin room which I complained about as a Diamond. Then they tried to make me wait for a "regular" 90m2 suite that needed cleaning, I pressed them on it and they admitted there's a suite all ready in the more premium section near the executive lounge. It was 110m2. If you fight for it, you can definitely get a suite, but I don't like how Hilton insults you by giving you a terrible room at first and hope you're okay with it. The first room they gave me must have been one of the worst rooms on the property and it was the low season. There's just no reason for that.

I took a lot of video of my room and stay that I intended to make into a YouTube review. If you're interested in seeing it, then I'll put it together later this month.
A lot of guests have had similar stories at the Conrad. Seems they often try to give you the crappiest room, and you have to push and prod to get a decent upgrade.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:39 pm

Programs: BA SIlver, Virgin Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
A lot of guests have had similar stories at the Conrad. Seems they often try to give you the crappiest room, and you have to push and prod to get a decent upgrade.
This was my experience. I can't blame the hotel either, there's such a huge step up to the Suites Wing to the main property in both quality and price. The room I was assigned was really, really grim

I wouldn't rush back, better hotels in Bali (unless you specifically book a suite which is fantastic).

Last edited by anonymous_third_party; Jan 6, 2020 at 5:19 am
Old Jan 7, 2020, 7:31 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
So, should I -
1) book cheapest paid room and pray
2) book cheapest paid room and email ahead and ask for upgrade
2) book pool access room for additional 100k (total) over cheapest award

thoughts? and thanks again for feedback thus far
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
So, should I -
1) book cheapest paid room and pray
2) book cheapest paid room and email ahead and ask for upgrade
2) book pool access room for additional 100k (total) over cheapest award

thoughts? and thanks again for feedback thus far
When going with family? Option 3 for me. I like peace of mind...
Alone, it's another matter
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Hi brain trust,
Concerns
- upgrades hit-or-miss

Pluses
- free brekkie
- restaurant choices

What do you all think?
I'm Diamond via Amex and got an upgrade from garden room to suite (paid stay). The suite was ridiculous - the huge bed was literally two king beds put together so you will barely find each other if you cosleep. They included diapers and lotion for our little one.

While your little one can't access the suites lounge, we were happy with the lounge by the front desk. We happily went over there for afternoon tea and happy hour. You'll also need to go over to the main restaurant for breakfast. This wasn't a big deal for us and also had a larger selection of food. We had a great family stay here.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 12:48 pm

Back here again and pleased to report that all the renovations at the resort area have been completed with some minor upgrades taking place at the lobby.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Aeolus
Back here again and pleased to report that all the renovations at the resort area have been completed with some minor upgrades taking place at the lobby.
Was the Conrad Suites side renovated? Earlier posts from other Flyertakers indicated it may not have been so appreciate it if you could check!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.