Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2019, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by Cynicor

So true about the staff. I was at Hilton Niseko recently and booked a dinner with the concierge. "Mr X. Very familiar name. Ah- you have stayed at the Conrad Bali a few times, yes?".
Just amazing, he'd been in Japan a couple of years already!
Apparently quite a number of them went to Hilton Niseko as part of an exchange programme, such a fantastic initiative by Hilton to diversify the staff experience and retaining them.
Cynicor likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 12:52 am

This property attracts many repeat guests. I learned last year that one guest has stayed 365 nights as of the end of 2018. He has already stayed twice in 2019. He has his favorite seat in the Exec Lounge, which I avoid whenever he is "in house." Upon check-in, I always ask if this gentleman is currently on site; if not, I poach his favorite seat in the Exec Lounge.

We have met the same guests on several of our stays and it's always fun to catch up.
Old May 26, 2019, 1:06 am

I am currently at the Conrad Bali on a 9 night stay and can say that as a Diamond I was upgraded to a Conrad Suite after booking an entry Garden Deluxe room, however ended up paying a supplement and staying in a Conrad Pool Villa.
With regards to the renovations, you would be hard pressed to know they were happening unless you walked past the closed off block of rooms. There is no noise at all.
It’s also worth noting how quiet it is here, if it was 20% occupancy I would be surprised. Having said all that, the staff are their usual excellent self, the grounds are lush and perfect and everything overall is top notch.
not2017 likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by bamboola
This property attracts many repeat guests. I learned last year that one guest has stayed 365 nights as of the end of 2018. He has already stayed twice in 2019. He has his favorite seat in the Exec Lounge, which I avoid whenever he is "in house." Upon check-in, I always ask if this gentleman is currently on site; if not, I poach his favorite seat in the Exec Lounge.

We have met the same guests on several of our stays and it's always fun to catch up.
There is an American here with his small dog which I thought was weird and now wonder if it’s him?
Old May 26, 2019, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Aeolus

Block 3 is currently being done, good to see that they completely strip out the room into bare concrete shell to start again. I didn’t ask about timing of completion but looking at the current state of Block 3, it would be another month at least.
If you are in Block 1, you wouldn’t even know there’s any renovations taking place at the resort unless you walk past it on the way to the suites area or Rin. They will try to accommodate most guests on Block 1 to ensure no impact from the renovation, etc.
I just had another amazing stay, the staff are the real jewel of this property.
Thank you for the update.

Just seems like this renovation has been going on forever. Would have expected them to be done by the start of the high season.

Am booked into a Deluxe King Garden View Room for a stay this summer and asked what it would cost to upgrade to a Villa. Got a quote back by email which was higher than the price difference between my room and the villa on Hilton's own website...

Last edited by Rasmus3s; May 26, 2019 at 3:51 pm
Old May 26, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold

Originally Posted by Chesty
I am currently at the Conrad Bali on a 9 night stay and can say that as a Diamond I was upgraded to a Conrad Suite after booking an entry Garden Deluxe room, however ended up paying a supplement and staying in a Conrad Pool Villa.
With regards to the renovations, you would be hard pressed to know they were happening unless you walked past the closed off block of rooms. There is no noise at all.
It’s also worth noting how quiet it is here, if it was 20% occupancy I would be surprised. Having said all that, the staff are their usual excellent self, the grounds are lush and perfect and everything overall is top notch.

thanks! Checking in tmr so good to know.
Anyone got tips on how to get free bottled water here.?
also, do you mind sharing how much did you pay for the pool villa supplement per night? Thank you

Last edited by xmzzn123; May 26, 2019 at 3:52 pm
Old May 26, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Hello. Staying in Bali in August for 5 nights. Currently a toss up between the Conrad and The Hilton Bali Resort. If any one has stayed at both I would appreciate your thoughts.My concerns:

Upgrades from booking base rooms (I see from previous posts that this has been answered to some extent). Hilton seems to have the better views but Conrad rooms are obviously better appointed.

Breakfast seems to be included in both, as the previous post with the letter says. Hoping for a lot of choices and not a continental "here's your toast" deal.

Beach. The Conrad beach looks like something from a backwater bay. I've seen tons of pics but have not seen any of people in the water. The Hilton seems to have a better beach. Thoughts?

Are the Executive Lounges at each place comparable?

Again, I apologize for any redundancy. I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger as I want things to go well. Thanks in advance.
Old May 26, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Originally Posted by xmzzn123

You won’t have any problems getting free water. Two small bottles and one large bottle in every room, every day.

In the Suites you get 6-10 bottles.
Old May 26, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
Hello. Staying in Bali in August for 5 nights. Currently a toss up between the Conrad and The Hilton Bali Resort. If any one has stayed at both I would appreciate your thoughts.My concerns:

Upgrades from booking base rooms (I see from previous posts that this has been answered to some extent). Hilton seems to have the better views but Conrad rooms are obviously better appointed.

Breakfast seems to be included in both, as the previous post with the letter says. Hoping for a lot of choices and not a continental "here's your toast" deal.

Beach. The Conrad beach looks like something from a backwater bay. I've seen tons of pics but have not seen any of people in the water. The Hilton seems to have a better beach. Thoughts?

Again, I apologize for any redundancy. I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger as I want things to go well. Thanks in advance.
I know there are 600+ comments but the answer to all your questions are in this thread.

If you can’t be bothered, the short answer is the Conrad is best for everything except the beach.
not2017 likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 4:07 pm

And a helpful go-to rule: if you aren't in the USA, most hotels in the Hilton/Conrad will treat you well. I.e. Real breakfast, actual category upgrades.
i can't think of a hotel that has given me continental only.
not2017 likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Chesty
There is an American here with his small dog which I thought was weird and now wonder if it’s him?
The frequent guest is from Europe - a very pleasant and down to earth gentleman.
Old May 26, 2019, 7:19 pm

We have always been upgraded to the Suites section at the Conrad. In 2018 Hilton Bali gave us a Cliff Tower Room. In 2017, we did get a suite upgrade and paid extra for a villa. The villa lounge is wonderful; the regular lounge cannot compare to the Conrad’s.

Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny

Uncle Nonny likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci

I know there are 600+ comments but the answer to all your questions are in this thread.

If you can’t be bothered, the short answer is the Conrad is best for everything except the beach.
The first comment goes back to 2004. Those of us that travel frequently also know that conditions change frequently. I'm not trying to be lazy, just current. We also know that the complaints are always magnified as some people have an axe to grind regarding their stays. I appreciate your answer. Thank you for your time.
Old May 26, 2019, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by xmzzn123

also, do you mind sharing how much did you pay for the pool villa supplement per night? Thank you

No problem getting complimentary water, all you need to do is ask. We asked for 6 bottles and they arrived soon after.
Regarding the upgrade, we were offered $100USD ++ per night but as always YMMV.
Old May 27, 2019, 12:22 am

Another thing to add, they have just started renovating the cabana around the suites pool and there is noise as a result if you are close to that pool. It’s planned to continue for the next week at least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.