Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by anonymous_third_party
What do you want them to do? sometimes, you have to just move on, sometimes hotels get it wrong. Leaving so many negative reviews on every platform just seems like the bad experience has won and taken over your life.
Don't worry about me sweetie. I've only left one negative review on TA and the one on flyertalk so I'd hardly call it taking over my life, but thanks so much for caring. I agree: even the best of hotels can get it wrong sometimes. I just wanted to let readers know that if they have an unsatisfactory stay at the Conrad, management won't get back, even if they promise to. You'll be happy to know that I am over it. My job here is done so I won't be checking this thread again.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Delta F
My job here is done so I won't be checking this thread again.
I've never understood why people feel compelled to post this sort of thing. I can easily understand someone feeling the need to reply to a response to something they posted, or deciding it isn't worth continuing a conversation and abandoning it, but trying to have it both ways seems odd and remarkably unproductive.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by anabolism
I've never understood why people feel compelled to post this sort of thing. I can easily understand someone feeling the need to reply to a response to something they posted, or deciding it isn't worth continuing a conversation and abandoning it, but trying to have it both ways seems odd and remarkably unproductive.
Yeah, a classic flounce. If the poster had left a good review, it might be excused.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:09 pm

My parents have returned from an 8 night stay and had no complaints again.
this place isn't the Conrad Tokyo and isn't priced like it. It's about a quarter of the price, and cheaper too than higher end hotels around.
i think I get value for money here, but not absolute "nothing goes wrong" 6 star luxury. Closing restaurants makes sense during their (apparently) 20% occupancy recently to me.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Cynicor
My parents have returned from an 8 night stay and had no complaints again.
this place isn't the Conrad Tokyo and isn't priced like it. It's about a quarter of the price, and cheaper too than higher end hotels around.
i think I get value for money here, but not absolute "nothing goes wrong" 6 star luxury. Closing restaurants makes sense during their (apparently) 20% occupancy recently to me.
Compare it to a similar country, like Thailand. While not in a resort setting, the Bangkok Conrad is way better than the Bali location. Pricing is usually similar, too.

I have been to a fair amount of nice hotels in Asia, and the Bali Conrad disappoints, year after year. Especially in how they treat elite members. Bali has a glut of hotel rooms, and if you’re going to compete in the marketplace, you need to provide excellent service.

You’re at 20% occupancy, and you make a diamond member wait hours to get their room with the correct bedding? Try to extract $120 extra a night for an upgrade they should have gotten from the beginning. It’s quite ludicrous.

not2017 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:53 am

Sure. I'm just giving my experience. I find it miles better than BKK, nice high tea, never waited or paid for a room etc. Obviously hit and miss but I'll keep going.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: MR
Booking one room for three adults

Does anyone know whether the standard king rooms offer enough space for a fold-away bed? Or if the beds in the twin rooms are large enough for two people to sleep on?

Many thanks
Old Mar 29, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Hey guys, just checked in here. So far, my expectations have been exceeded significantly based on the expectations I got from this thread.

I'm in a Ocean Suite King, the room is huge and it is incredibly quiet and peaceful.

As far as I can tell from the speech at check-in everything is open.

I'll post some pics soon, but for now let me know if there is anything specific you want checking out while I'm here.
Cynicor and not2017 like this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 12:01 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci
I'm in a Ocean Suite King, the room is huge and it is incredibly quiet and peaceful.
Were you upgraded to the suite? Or did you book it directly?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:55 am

Maybe the place is really hit and miss or something. We have great experiences and my folks love every stay with generally decent upgrades. I don't mind if Rin is closed at times though, but I know my parents prefer it for breakfast.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:38 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Originally Posted by 9volt
Were you upgraded to the suite? Or did you book it directly?
We booked this room specifically for the view/balcony, hoping to be upgraded to a pool suite, but none were available, however the guest relations manager came and found me at breakfast this morning and said the very first renovated Lagoon Suite is just about complete (we had a tour of it, just the bath is left to install) and we could have it as a complimentary upgrade for the second half of our stay*

* We’re doing night safari at Mara River with one night at their hotel, which also has the benifit of allowing this trip to double count as stays and also bonus points.
Here are pics of the Ocean King Suite. Comparative pics for the Lagoon Suite will come next week.

not2017 likes this.

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 24, 2019 at 12:58 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:03 am

Exactly this was our Suite too:-) Have a great stay!
We loved the Suite so much.
But it is a Conrad Ocean Suite.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:54 am

Apologies if this has been answered before, but are the Conrad Twin Suites sufficient for three adults and one child? The Hilton app seems to allow the four of us to book a single suite. Would all four of us get lounge access and free breakfast in the lounge even if we book a room only rate? Thanks!
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
I'm getting confused with everyone saying East/West Wings. The hotel is oriented North/South, and even the hotel map uses the terms "South Wing" "Central Wing", "North Wing", and "Conrad Suites" (see attached from Conrad website). Can we just use that terminology? I'd like to understand which wings are open/closed/renovated/under renovation. Here is my current understanding based on the datapoints in the last few pages, please correct me if I'm wrong:

South Wing - open, fully renovated
Central Wing - closed for renovations, opening sometime in May at the earliest
North Wing - open, non-renovated?
Conrad Suites - open, non-renovated

Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci

We booked this room specifically for the view/balcony, hoping to be upgraded to a pool suite, but none were available, however the guest relations manager came and found me at breakfast this morning and said the very first renovated Lagoon Suite is just about complete (we had a tour of it, just the bath is left to install) and we could have it as a complimentary upgrade for the second half of our stay*

* We’re doing night safari at Mara River with one night at their hotel, which also has the benifit of allowing this trip to double count as stays and also bonus points.
That’s a really nice touch. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the renovated suite ^
Originally Posted by Delta F
Introduction I had a number of issues during my one night stay (eleven to be exact). I wrote a negative TA review and was given one of those awful cut and paste jobbies that some lazy GM's seem to throw up. I contacted Hilton Customer Care to get the GM's email address. They contacted the hotel on my behalf and said management would get back to me "immediately". Two weeks later and still no response. In short: nowhere near the level of service one should expect from a five star property. There are some truly wonderful resorts in Bali. This most definitely isn't one of them!
This type of wholly negative review always raises my suspicions. It feels more like the OP has an axe to grind, rather than giving a balanced opinion of the hotel. Without more information, it’s very hard to take seriously.
not2017 likes this.

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 24, 2019 at 12:52 am Reason: Consolidation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.