Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
I had a frustrating experience emailing their Reservation desk
I am a family of 5 with 2 teens and a 12yr old. So technically 4 adults and 1 child.
I reached out to the hotel (reservation department) for best way to be accommodated as I read the Twin Conrad Suite has 2 Queen beds, a sofa, and also allows 1 or 2 rollaways.
The agent insisted i should go with two rooms for 'better comfort' and more space even though (from what I can see) 2 rooms actually has less space than the 1184 sq ft Suite.
I pressed on the issue on whether they would allow us into the Suite and even suggested they forward my request to a hotel manager but it seems they were intent on just spouting their official stance that the Suite is max 4 Adults. (I think they just wanted me in two lesser rooms as they get about the same revenue but dont have to provide the Suite benefits, not sure if everyone in the Suite is entitled automatically, but I assume so)
I have stayed at many hotels where officially they allow only a certain number in a room but they are always willing to put in a rollaway for a child, but this comes from hotel staff, hence my request to escalate.
It was so frustrating that after repeatably asking to forward my ask to a hotel manager, they wouldn't do it. So i basically told them no thanks I will stay at a property more willing to work with me. I let them know that both my wife and myself are Gold.
I guess I could have just booked for 4 and just showed up, but I don't like to leave things like that to chance on vacation, I like to know everything is taken care of. I prefer reaching out and working something out first.
If they end up not being full, I am pretty sure their GM wouldnt appreciate losing a customer willing to book into a Suite.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:33 am

Are they still doing renovations on this place, with the main pools closed and everything? I recall the Hilton website saying it would be done in like August last year 😂
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:13 pm

The renos that were being warned about online were completed in arounds Aug/Sept.

All of the hotel is now open and functioning but they will continue to renovate for the next 2 or so years.

The hotel is large and basically is 4 big blocks. First to get done were pool maintenance and main restaurant work. Then block 1 was done and now block 2 should be approaching finish. The spa and gym are also in this round.

This year will see block 3 get shut and a renovation, with the 4th block (suites) likely to start next year.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by Cynicor
The renos that were being warned about online were completed in arounds Aug/Sept.

All of the hotel is now open and functioning but they will continue to renovate for the next 2 or so years.

The hotel is large and basically is 4 big blocks. First to get done were pool maintenance and main restaurant work. Then block 1 was done and now block 2 should be approaching finish. The spa and gym are also in this round.

This year will see block 3 get shut and a renovation, with the 4th block (suites) likely to start next year.
Well, last week the pool that surrounds building two and all the way to where it connects to the pool that surrounds building one was closed for the week I was there. I'd say this shut down 30% of pool space.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:06 pm

I'd say about 15% maybe, but yes. Building 2 renos mean that material may fall into that part of the pool. So they installed a waterbreak under the bridge to 8 degrees and will reopen it once the front facade of the building is done, it seems.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
I'd say about 15% maybe, but yes. Building 2 renos mean that material may fall into that part of the pool. So they installed a waterbreak under the bridge to 8 degrees and will reopen it once the front facade of the building is done, it seems.
I suppose someone could go measure but the connecting pools between one and two are bigger in area than the main pool so let's say 60/40. 50% of 60% always has been 30% in my book. None of the swim up rooms in building two were open. It's a significant reduction in area but since I used the suites pool I can't say how crowded it was but the availability of swim up rooms was decreased by 50%.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:28 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Checked in here today some hours ago and except for the rooms the place is a disappointment so far. Water in the side pools looks murky. Only less than 1m depth maybe, it looks like they're not full with water....
Ordered a fresh orange juice poolside and the glass was coming with 80% ice and it was not fres orange juice at all...

Nothing to complain about the renovated room.
So happy that i didn't book many nights... Probably even check out earlier..

Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold

What is in block 3? Heading there in May and want to know what to expect.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:29 pm

Effectively nothing, as per block 1 and 2. Kts just rooms, and the pool will be fully reopened except for the small (15% ;p) amount of pool currently closed due to block 2 being above it.

the bulk of th hotel is an E shape with each of the 3 legs being a block of rooms. The back/support has all the important facilities.

while the gym is actually in block 3, I understand it either is or will be moved very shortly. The spa has also been redone/is being finished.

at some point I assume the suites area will have to shut, including the pool and lounge there. A diamond would have to really consider if it was worth staying at that point, as upgrades and benefits would be more limited.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:04 pm

Conrad Bali update

Rin is closed from now until further notice and Lounge move to Lobby Lounge with kids.
Renovation still big in block 2
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:37 pm

<div style="text-align:left;">When you say lounge moved<br />with kids, do you mean that all lounge attendees are now in the lobby, or just those with kids?<br />if the latter, it has always been that way. The lounge above RIN is adults only.</div>
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:48 pm

YES.... Only one lounge now, In Lobby...
I know how it has been, it's not my first time here.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:51 pm

Sure, thanks. It's just your phrasing that was confusing, hence the clarification.
Did they give any reason?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Looking for feedback. I am headed to Bali in mid-april. With diamond status is it better going to the conrad or hilton resort? Given the ongoing renovations at both properties etc. Conrad prices out like $60 more per night. My only concern about the hilton is I heard its more isolated from activities/restaurants etc.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:09 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
For 60 dollars a night savings you can have a driver on standby around the clock...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.