Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
I didn't quite determine what the lounge situation and where breakfast choices are at the Conrad during renovations, but will write the property to find out.

TDM
If you have lounge access you can eat breakfast at the RIN or at the Spice restaurant. RIN was slow and nothing special. Food spread at the Spice was nice + you can order from the menu (which we did).
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Was there this week - the renovations were not noticeable - the first two blocks are fenced off, and the main lagoon pool is being retiled, so block 3 closest to the wedding chapel and the block where the suites are are open.

Pool options are the suites pool - or the tiny pool where the spa is at - which is where we chose to spend out time.

We did not feel we were inconvenienced at all and we heard no construction noise unless we walked past the construction area
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Thanks so much I will send off an email to Schroeder and copy the others in.

Appreciate your response
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:47 am

Was at Conrad Bali the 1st week of May for 4 days. Have Diamond status through new Aspire card and was upgraded to Conrad Suites. The pools were never crowded - could easily get a cabana or chair and sit pretty much where we wanted. I think the most crowded time we had was when there were 8-12 other people at the pool. We had breakfast at Spice, afternoon tea at Rin and evening cocktails in the lounge. The lounge was a bit crowded on some nights and the food and drink isn't buffet style - they bring out plates of appetizers and you order the drinks. One of the benefits they gave us with the Conrad Suites was unlimited free laundry - that was so convenient and we definitely took advantage of it! Didn't go near the main building very much so didn't really notice the construction. Overall a very nice stay and a great value - especially with stacking a Conrad 4th night free offer with the Citi Prestige 4th night free.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:03 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
How busy is the Conrad Bali during Christmas holidays.
Thinking of a week away in Asia - toying between the idea of spending all my points.

If someone here knows Bali well - would you spend a week at the Indigo (Seminyak) on points of Conrad Bali on points?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:36 am

Full of Aussies in Kuta and Seminyak, low season for Nusa Dua. Can be very rainy as it's their monsoon time. I've no idea of the relative points cost, your status or how many you have so cannot recommend either on that basis. The Conrad is nice enough, however.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
How busy is the Conrad Bali during Christmas holidays.
Thinking of a week away in Asia - toying between the idea of spending all my points.

If someone here knows Bali well - would you spend a week at the Indigo (Seminyak) on points of Conrad Bali on points?

After December 22 the rates and points go up significantly (I'm staying the 15-22 and then using AirBnB for 23-2 elsewhere). Rates were decent during my time - $875/7 nights. The other 2 times I've been upgraded to a suite.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
I have a big dilemma for upcoming family trip. Planning to spend 10-15 august in Bali with family (2 adults + 2 boys, 7&10) and I am debating between the Intercontinental Bali and the Conrad Bali:
- at IC I am staying on points, which I have a decent number of and otherwise nowhere to spend anytime soon.
- at IC we don't get breakfast or room upgrade, despite top tier elite status. Breakfast alone will be 200-300$ for 5 nights (~20$/day/pax). I can pay for Ambassador status which gives us 1 room category upgrade, however IHG tends to be very strict with their upgrades.
- IC has great rooms available and very good reviews and great property overall, and close to airport and with very nice sunset views
- At Conrad we would be paying, although a reasonable 130$/night - 650$ in total.
- At Conrad we will have free breakfast and / or lounge access (HH Diamond). The lounge itself can make up for quite significant cost savings with kids.
- At Conrad there is a (small I believe) chance for an upgrade to a Suite. At the moment most rooms are booked during the time we plan to be there, with only very few and very expensive rooms available.
- At Conrad a part of the property will be still under renovation, although I understand impact will not be that significant. I fear though that we will be underwhelmed compared to last trip here few years ago without kids when the entire property was available to us to enjoy
- The beach at Conrad is poor and drive time is higher to almost any area on the island.

Should I go for the peace of mind at Intercontinental and be at peace with potentially spending the same ~600$ on food and incidentals, that I would have otherwise spent to stay at Conrad, get Lounge access & breakfast and get points for the money spent?
Any advice or input will be highly appreciated.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 3:59 am

I'd go for the IC from what you have posted.
CAlex likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I’m not a huge fan of the Conrad, but also factor in the double/triple points promo currently going on for Hilton properties.

Traffic kinda sucks in much of Bali.

The other option, is to enquire into a cash upgrade at the IC which mght get you lounge access/breakfast. Kids meals might also be discounted.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:48 am

I was planning on checking out the Conrad Bali on my last trip, until I realized that I could book a very nice private pool villa in a boutique hotel in Ubud for the same price as a standard room at the Conrad. I doubt a diamond upgrade would get me a pool villa at the Conrad. Bali just does not seem like a great beach destination, and the resort districts tend to be too chaotic and generic. There is only one Ubud, but Kutu could be just about any overdeveloped beach town in the world. As much as I try to stick to one of the big chains that I have points/status with, there are a lot of very nice small hotels on the island that offer a far better experience for a very reasonable price in Bali. Less chaotic places like the Maldives and Tahiti are better options for a big chain beach resort.
CAlex, ashkale and mrvincent like this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks all, I'll go for the IC and compare. If anybody needs a reservation at Conrad for 120$/night for 10-15 august, let me know in the next 48 hours, happy to transfer instead of cancelling (hotel is sold out now).
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
I am interested in going to Bali for a week or so next summer. I enjoy sightseeing, visiting temples, and hiking. I might do a little swimming but that will not be the focus of my trip. Would this hotel be good base for touring around Bali?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I would say look better at a different hotel in or around Ubud area. That should save you 60-90 minutes per day from travelling from the South of the island to your points of interest. I think Conrad is great if you want to just stay at/around the property, not for multiple trips on the island.
sbams likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CAlex
I would say look better at a different hotel in or around Ubud area. That should save you 60-90 minutes per day from travelling from the South of the island to your points of interest. I think Conrad is great if you want to just stay at/around the property, not for multiple trips on the island.
Thank you for the advice. I will do that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.