Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Currently at the resort. Upgrade was to an Ocean View Room as hotel is full. Breakfast in main restaurant was a mess so tomorrow it’s going to be Rın.

What gets me is that there is a guy drilling with an electric drill edging of the decking at the suites pool with guests in the water!!
Main pool is still open but work going on behind it so not exactly quiet..
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Currently at the resort. Upgrade was to an Ocean View Room as hotel is full. Breakfast in main restaurant was a mess so tomorrow it’s going to be Rın.

What gets me is that there is a guy drilling with an electric drill edging of the decking at the suites pool with guests in the water!!
Main pool is still open but work going on behind it so not exactly quiet..
That is interesting since the website states that "Conrad suites and villas will not be affected during these renovations". So we should be expecting to see a news report soon " guests at Conrad Bali electrocuted, survivors receive a free night".
Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12

That is interesting since the website states that "Conrad suites and villas will not be affected during these renovations". So we should be expecting to see a news report soon " guests at Conrad Bali electrocuted, survivors receive a free night".
I was hoping for status as well. No seriously though if I hadn’t of said anything they would have just continued.

Breakfast in Rin this morning was excellent
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I was hoping for status as well. No seriously though if I hadn’t of said anything they would have just continued.

Breakfast in Rin this morning was excellent
Can you comment on the pool situation? Is it really crowded now that few pools are closed?

Thanks
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by bwiadca
Can you comment on the pool situation? Is it really crowded now that few pools are closed?

Thanks
not crowded at all as predominantly the clientele are Asian and subsequently tend not to sunbathe. The beach has huts for shade but there are water sports directly in from and some touts but nothing too obtrusive. There is some noise from the construction however not intolerable.
bwiadca likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks for the update.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 2:31 am

Just heard that the main pool will close from 1st April until around September. Suites pool will be open to all.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 7:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Just heard that the main pool will close from 1st April until around September. Suites pool will be open to all.
Where did you ascertain that information? I was written by the hotel and was explicitly told this was not the case. The suites pool was still only going to be available for suites/villas guests.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
I just booked a few nights at the Conrad Bali for October and I noticed that there were 'Premier deluxe' rooms available, according to the website 'NEWLY RENOVATED' . No photos yet though...
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver
I was in the Conrad on 25-27th of March. Originally booked the basic twin room. During checkin, the agent was surprised to learn that I was a diamond, not a silver (which I was at the time of booking, but then became diamond). I was told that due to hotel being full, I won't be able to get an upgrade. I checked availability a few hours beforehand, and there were quite a few twin Conrad suites still available, but I was told I'd need to pay extra to get upgraded to those. Eventually I was offered staying in the originally booked room for the first night, and then get an upgraded to a Resort Ocean Suite - although that was King, not twin which was a minor inconvenience. Both rooms were great.

The renovations don't seem inconvenient. A portion of the lagoon pool is blocked off (roughly near the south wing of the main building), but the rest is enough. The hotel did not seem crowded at all - maybe 15% of deck chairs were in use, and never seen more than 20 people in total in all pools. As ExpatSomchai pointed out, Rin is a much calmer place to have breakfast than the main restaurant, although the buffet options are far more limited in Rin.

I also stayed in the Hilton Bali Resort for 1 night. It's quite hard to compare the two; Hilton definitely wins in terms of setting - the cliffside location is great, and the beach is actually nice (unlike the one in Conrad which might be the most boring looking beach I've seen in my life). Also, the hotel seems more 'fun' - the pool area wasn't completely deserted like in the Conrad, and chilling by the pools was actually more enjoyable, not to mention it has an outdoor hot tub and a waterslide (which I still enjoyed very much despite being in my 30s!). However, the rooms look really bad, and the furniture appears to be 15 years old at least. Also, the renovations are far more annoying.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:54 pm

I have $250 Amex credit in my Aspire card. I am debating whether I should book my stay at Conrad Bali. My trip is next Month .Can someone please advise the following:

a) What benefit Diamond / gold guest will receive at this hotel
b) Does Diamond / gold have a choice whether to eat breakfast in the executive lounge or at the restaurant . If eating breakfast at RIN, does it limit how many item of food you can order for breakfast
c) Which restaurant currently open .
d) If I eat lunch or dinner , will hotel guest able to charge the bill to their room and paid at check out
e) Should I get a private transfer or use hotel shuttle to transfer me from hotel to Conrad and vice versa.
f) How generous Conrad check in personnel to give an complimentary room upgrade to Diamond / gold member for special celebration (ie wedding anniversary or birthday) .
g) Does Conrad Bali Accept Amex credit card

Please advise and thank you
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
There is no hotel shuttle and the only option for breakfast is the RIN, unless you opt for the main building.

You can charge to your room as any other hotel .

As for benefits, you ought to get an upgrade. What level clearly varies

Amex is accepted at every Hilton property that I know of
Old Mar 31, 2018, 10:24 pm

Hotel does offer transfers. Just contact them or be at the mercy of the airport taxi mafia. I took an Uber from the hotel to the airport and it cost 61000 inc toll. Uber will cease operation in Indonesia shortly as has been taken over
Old Apr 1, 2018, 4:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Hotel does offer transfers. Just contact them or be at the mercy of the airport taxi mafia. I took an Uber from the hotel to the airport and it cost 61000 inc toll. Uber will cease operation in Indonesia shortly as has been taken over
transfers yes, but not a shuttle bus.

I would recommend Bluebird for any taxis in Bali - there is an app which you can use. Not expensive and far cheaper than the hotel would charge.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:02 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer
"Member Resorts Sale" Deal Benefits?

I booked 3 nights using the "Member Resorts Sale" Deal for 4/22-4/25. Now I can't find the benefits that includes other than the hotel room being 30% cheaper. Does it not also include the 15% discount on spa and food? Anyone has any idea on the full range of benefits of this package?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.