Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: NH*G, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
I'll ask for you.
Dear GentleGiant,

Thank you for your support on this for us.

I am scheduled for a stay over upcoming x-mas with family and also will be very interested / concerned what exactly will be effected - especially for the pool area with some sort of little beach / sand strip to play for kids...

Would be great if you could check on this too, thank you.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I'll see what I can find out.

Worth mentioning that if or when the volcano erupts flights will go to / from Java and then a large ship will convey guests to Bali. Then to/from the hotels.

Now whether Java can take the larger planes I have no idea.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Just checked the journey for this.

It is an 11 hour drive on Java from the international airport plus sea crossing, plus driving on Bali.

So expect a whole day travelling.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 12:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Chris27
Dear GentleGiant,

Thank you for your support on this for us.

I am scheduled for a stay over upcoming x-mas with family and also will be very interested / concerned what exactly will be effected - especially for the pool area with some sort of little beach / sand strip to play for kids...

Would be great if you could check on this too, thank you.
The main pool and beach will be closed. As will the siku restaurant.

The lagoon pool will be open.

No difference to the suites pool or area except the restaurant will go from japanese to all day dining.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Just seen on the website:

CONRAD BALI REFURBISHMENT
As part of its efforts to continually deliver smart luxury experiences that is synonymous to the Conrad brand, Conrad Bali will embark on its transformation master plan from November 2017 – August 2018. During this transition, while the all day dining Suku restaurant as well as two swimming pools are closed, guests will continue to have access to the other restaurants and facilities including other swimming pools within the resort.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: NH*G, Marriott Platinum

No difference to the suites pool or area except the restaurant will go from japanese to all day dining.
Thank you very much !

This - together with the vulcano issue (thanks also for your info on the alternative travel path) - will make me seriously consider other destination now.

Luckily I got flexible bookings for both hotel and air tickets...

Nice day
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:48 am

I received a message that the lagoon pool will also be closed during my stay:

"The lagoon pool and the centre pool will be not available during your stay, however you may still enjoy the other pool such as our pool which is located in the Jiwa Spa and as a Diamond member, we allow you to access our pool which is located in Conrad Suite area."

As I was planning on spending quite some time by the pool and at the beach after a week of sightseeing on the island, I am seriously considering switching to the Hilton Bali, that actually looks quite nice as well and is about the same cost in points for my dates (~30K/night - which seemed a steal for the Conrad though).
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Vlntn

"The lagoon pool and the centre pool will be not available during your stay, however you may still enjoy the other pool such as our pool which is located in the Jiwa Spa and as a Diamond member, we allow you to access our pool which is located in Conrad Suite area."

As I was planning on spending quite some time by the pool and at the beach after a week of sightseeing on the island, I am seriously considering switching to the Hilton Bali, that actually looks quite nice as well and is about the same cost in points for my dates (~30K/night - which seemed a steal for the Conrad though).
Maybe it has changed. As the two pools are one both would need to be drained to create a new wall. Maybe your visit is during this time?

I was only reporting what I was told during my visit.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I go to Bali often as I live in Jakarta. I always choose the Hilton over Conrad just because I find the beach much nicer at the Hilton. If most of the pools were closed at Conrad, I would imagine this would create a severe crowding issue around the pools that were open. Switch. I think you would be happier at Hilton.

Originally Posted by Vlntn

Vlntn likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by s879
Staying at the Conrad and had booked a resort view room (which is above garden room) but no upgrade at all despite being Diamond. Have always been upgraded by other Hilton brands so am very disappointed. I know there are other perks but since I have 2 kids, can't use Exec Lounge. Staff are great, grounds beautiful and well maintained but Suku breakfast is not looking that great. Yankee and chairs look ill maintained. Was expecting better. Looks more like a 4-star but I'm sure Conrad Suites rooms and areas must be 5-star. For me, upgrade is very important and despite the letter saying the room had been specially selected as I'm a Hilton Diamond, I was allocated the room I'd booked...
Logging in after sometime. I did get an upgrade for last 5 nights which were on points but not the first two paid ones. If you ever go, definitely try the suites or the ones with access to lagoon. I found the resort/garden view rooms clean but not worthwhile if flying from quite far like the UK.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold
Have just made a reservation for 3 nights in Jan. 2 nights at the Conrad king suite and our last night at the villa. Any idea what upgrades they might give for a lowly gold or if there will be any upgrades at all since golds are not eligible for suite upgrades?

Also so starting to regret booking the villa. The website states 62sqm of living space built on 235sqm of land. Having looked at the floor plans, it doesn’t seem like the land is much larger than the actual villa building itself. Has anyone stayed in the villas?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by s879
Logging in after sometime. I did get an upgrade for last 5 nights which were on points but not the first two paid ones. If you ever go, definitely try the suites or the ones with access to lagoon. I found the resort/garden view rooms clean but not worthwhile if flying from quite far like the UK.
Thank you for the update. I’m curious, what upgrade did you get for your remaining nights, as a diamond and if there was any explanation on why there was no upgrade available for the paid nights? Was the property fully booked?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SQ88
Have just made a reservation for 3 nights in Jan. 2 nights at the Conrad king suite and our last night at the villa. Any idea what upgrades they might give for a lowly gold or if there will be any upgrades at all since golds are not eligible for suite upgrades?

Also so starting to regret booking the villa. The website states 62sqm of living space built on 235sqm of land. Having looked at the floor plans, it doesn’t seem like the land is much larger than the actual villa building itself. Has anyone stayed in the villas?
The villa was nice and secluded, but small outside area. It does have an outdoor bath.

I prefer the pool villa. Although has passing people and close to the wedding venue.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:44 am

The villa was nice and secluded, but small outside area. It does have an outdoor bath.

I prefer the pool villa. Although has passing people and close to the wedding venue.
Thank you for your prompt reply. I am thankful I only booked one night in the villa then. Any chances of getting a one category upgrade from the villa?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
I have a non refundable booking at this property from 14-22 December then 22-29 at the Hilton resort nearby. Its a family holiday with 2 small kids and I am obviously becoming concerned with the current airport closure due to the Volcano eruption.

My first choice would be to cancel the bookings and rebook our holiday to Thailand. I understand that the situation is changing everyday and the airport may well be open for both our arriving and departing flights but if I had a choice, id prefer not to chance it.

So, my question is, is it reasonable to ask the hotel(s) to cancel the booking and expect a refund? What is the best way to approach the hotel with such an enquiry?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.