Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:23 pm

Very fair to be disappointed. If closed in your arrival, might be worth making a small fuss.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:37 pm

I‘ve complained two times but all I got as answer is one (!) sentence that it is correct that Rin is closed and we have to go to Suku. No regrets just nothing.

Now I‘ve opened a case at Diamond Desk.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
I just came from breakfast at Suku. Very loud and full of kids running around. Not very enjoyable. Also, I’ve noticed that they use some of the leftover food from breakfast to serve for afternoon tea and evening canapés!
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:12 pm

Hello everyone,

checked in as Diamond. We booked a Conrad Suite with Flash Sale and got an upgrade to Conrad Ocean Suite. I think we got it because we complained about the closure of RIN for breakfast in advance.

The suite is awesome and has additional windows in the living room and the balcony is much larger. One of the best Resort suites we ever had. It is really far better than a regular Conrad Suite.

The breakfast at Suku is okay but here I have to say that RIN is much better because it is much more privat. So I would be dissapointed having booked a Conrad Suite and getting breakfast only at Suku.

In total getting an upgrade to Conrad Ocean Suite is really a fair compensation and we are very happy with this solution.

There are only four Conrad Ocean Suites in total. On the ground floor there are two Conrad Ocean Pool Suites.They have a private pool and a cabana but they have no direct view to the Ocean (similiar to pool villas)

I cannot say if Diamond members get Conrad Suite pool access without having booked a Conrad Suite or were upgraded to them.

If I counted right, the hotel has:

48 Conrad Suites
4 Conrad Ocean Suites
2 Conrad Pool Suites
1 Conrad Penthouse Suite
7 Conrad Pool Villas.

(No idea how many Ressort Suites exists)

If money would not count, I would book Conrad Ocean Suite room! Or maybe penthouse suite:-)

I‘ll post some pictures later. Stay tuned...
Cynicor likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
"If money wouldn´t count" , i would never stay at the Conrad...
Old Nov 26, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: DL DM, 2.5MM; HH:Diamond; HGVC
I booked the Conrad Pool Villa two days ago with the AP rate for Jan 2019. At that time the rate was quite good I thought: 2.366 M IDR p/n. My CC has not yet been charged. Reviewing the reservation online yesterday the rate was confirmed. Also, the rate was still available online for many dates throughout the upcoming year. As of today, my reservation online shows only the room type of Conrad Pool Villa with no pricing attached. And, I could find no dates at all now when attempting to dummy book that room type online - ie the Conrad Pool Villa is not even listed at all.

Has anyone experienced this scenario? What outcome might I anticipate to my reservation?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by lindsey1
I booked the Conrad Pool Villa two days ago with the AP rate for Jan 2019. At that time the rate was quite good I thought: 2.366 M IDR p/n. My CC has not yet been charged. Reviewing the reservation online yesterday the rate was confirmed. Also, the rate was still available online for many dates throughout the upcoming year. As of today, my reservation online shows only the room type of Conrad Pool Villa with no pricing attached. And, I could find no dates at all now when attempting to dummy book that room type online - ie the Conrad Pool Villa is not even listed at all.

Has anyone experienced this scenario? What outcome might I anticipate to my reservation?
This has happened a few times recently with my international bookings. Be patient and the info will return in a few days. If not, the email confirmation at time of booking is sufficient documentation.

Also, check your credit card activity online. Like yours, my advance purchase reservation rate info for the Hilton Moorea disappeared from my Hilton account. My credit card showed a charge for 2x what I expected to pay. With help from the Diamond Desk, it turns out the hotel charged me for two rooms. It did refund the cost of the second room, but with the currency conversion, I still lost about $20.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:07 pm

I think the rate for the Pool Villa could have been a kind of "Error Fare". Normally the rate is higher than 7 M IDR.
I've also seen that the Villa rate was extremely cheap and less the price of a normal "Ressort Room with garden View an no extras" (2.8 M IDR Yesterday all pool villa rooms were blocked for 2018 and 2019. Maybe they found the mistake. I would contact the hotel directly. They are very fast in answering.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by MrSnoot78
I think the rate for the Pool Villa could have been a kind of "Error Fare". Normally the rate is higher than 7 M IDR.
I've also seen that the Villa rate was extremely cheap and less the price of a normal "Ressort Room with garden View an no extras" (2.8 M IDR Yesterday all pool villa rooms were blocked for 2018 and 2019. Maybe they found the mistake. I would contact the hotel directly. They are very fast in answering.
My suspicion was that this may have been an error rate. That is why I posted; I am seeking feedback from anyone that may have experienced this situation. At this point, I expect the Conrad to honor the rate.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 7:43 am

My suspicion was that this may have been an error rate. That is why I posted; I am seeking feedback from anyone that may have experienced this situation. At this point, I expect the Conrad to honor the rate.
Brief update for those that may be interested in this situation:

I received an email from the hotel indicating that indeed my Conrad Pool Villa rate was due to a "system glitch". They are not honoring the rate. I was offered either a room type for the price I had made a reservation for or, I could keep the Conrad Pool Villa for the rate of what they are offering the Conrad Pool Suite for! Go figure.
MrSnoot78 likes this.

Last edited by lindsey1; Nov 28, 2018 at 7:50 am Reason: clarity
Old Nov 28, 2018, 5:46 pm

Brief update for those that may be interested in this situation:

I received an email from the hotel indicating that indeed my Conrad Pool Villa rate was due to a "system glitch". They are not honoring the rate. I was offered either a room type for the price I had made a reservation for or, I could keep the Conrad Pool Villa for the rate of what they are offering the Conrad Pool Suite for! Go figure.
That’s not a great gesture of Conrad Bali. Which kind of room were you offered?

I would not recommend to pay for the Villa the same price as for Conrad Pool Suite. The Villas were built for massage purpose. As this business run badly (?) they convert it to rooms. So the peace of land and the pool are very small. At least there is a big wall around each Villa, so you have no view at all.

I really fell sorry that they did not honor your rate. I expected they would because it is not your fault.

Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by MrSnoot78

That’s not a great gesture of Conrad Bali. Which kind of room were you offered?

I would not recommend to pay for the Villa the same price as for Conrad Pool Suite. The Villas were built for massage purpose. As this business run badly (?) they convert it to rooms. So the peace of land and the pool are very small. At least there is a big wall around each Villa, so you have no view at all.

I really fell sorry that they did not honor your rate. I expected they would because it is not your fault.

Final Update:

The Conrad Bali contacted me again with an offer of a Conrad Suite instead of the Conrad Pool Villa. This was most generous and I accepted.
Cynicor and MrSnoot78 like this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:32 am

Perfect. Believe me the Suites are much better. My wife and I have thought about booking a Pool Villa and asking for a downgrade to Conrad Suites as we saw the error fare.

lindsey1 and Cynicor like this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:39 am

What is the current status on the construction and noise around it? Considering it for february!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:19 am

They are doing the 2nd block currently, no noise and no disturbance, except for the AM yoga, where some banging noises can be a bit annoying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.