Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2020, 2:53 pm

They have not. No date on the suites yet.
Michael19887 likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 6:51 am

Per Cynicor’s comments, no dates on the suites wing yet regarding renovation. Good to see the hotel in full swing again.
Michael19887 likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 3:44 pm

I'm going to stay at Conrad Bali in April with 2 kids 4 and 7
Does kids are allowed in executive lounge?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 4:21 pm

Not in the suites but in the alternative lobby area.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Second Chance

My partner wanted to go back to Bali and I have more HH points than I know what to do with and Conrad had great rates (40k points). I must say might have been too harsh the last time I visited. Had a very early flight (arrive 07:00) and informed them ahead of time and just asked if we could use the resort facilities until our room was ready. Not only did they comply with our request, we were able to check in at arrival AND they upgraded us to a Conrad Suite...which is massive. They let us eat at the RIN restaurant for breakfast too.

I’ll have more pictures and comments later
Old Jan 23, 2020, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
My partner wanted to go back to Bali and I have more HH points than I know what to do with and Conrad had great rates (40k points). I must say might have been too harsh the last time I visited. Had a very early flight (arrive 07:00) and informed them ahead of time and just asked if we could use the resort facilities until our room was ready. Not only did they comply with our request, we were able to check in at arrival AND they upgraded us to a Conrad Suite...which is massive. They let us eat at the RIN restaurant for breakfast too.

Nice to hear a positive award stay report.

This is exactly what a property should do if they have the space. It costs the hotel little, but makes the customer feel appreciated.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Garimi
I'm going to stay at Conrad Bali in April with 2 kids 4 and 7
Does kids are allowed in executive lounge?
To follow up with poster above, the lounge is actually the open air area where the check in is. Unless you are craving some small snacks or are in need of AC, I actually prefer to get my evening cocktails here because the view of the ocean and pool is lovely

Main Lobby Lounge

View from main lobby lounge
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Nice to hear a positive award stay report.

This is exactly what a property should do if they have the space. It costs the hotel little, but makes the customer feel appreciated.
The trek from the regular rooms in comparison to the the Suites to RIN sure makes a difference!
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:01 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold

I'm glad that you had a better stay this time around. I'm also glad that you acknowledge you might have been too critical of this hotel previousl.

I know as humans we get frustrated when things don't go our way. However, it's important to remember that it's not like hotel staff is out to get us or just want to be inflexible generally. There are times where certain accommodations can't be made. I don't know the details of your first experience, but again, I'm glad this was more positive for you.

I recently reached out to the Conrad Bali with questions about my award stay in July. Agung, a Guest Experience manager responded to my email. Can I just say it was like a breath of fresh air? The email was very pleasant to read and it just makes me even more excited about my stay.

I do believe that most of the time, the positive energy that you put in is the positive energy that you will receive.
TravelingZoomer likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I'm glad that you had a better stay this time around. I'm also glad that you acknowledge you might have been too critical of this hotel previousl.

I know as humans we get frustrated when things don't go our way. However, it's important to remember that it's not like hotel staff is out to get us or just want to be inflexible generally. There are times where certain accommodations can't be made. I don't know the details of your first experience, but again, I'm glad this was more positive for you.

I recently reached out to the Conrad Bali with questions about my award stay in July. Agung, a Guest Experience manager responded to my email. Can I just say it was like a breath of fresh air? The email was very pleasant to read and it just makes me even more excited about my stay.

I do believe that most of the time, the positive energy that you put in is the positive energy that you will receive.
I certainly agree with you, and my criticisms from my previous stay certainly wasn’t from the staff they are amazing!

My criticisms were mainly about the hard product of the regular rooms and resort itself (I can go into detail later if people would like) and the breakfast at Suku, while still quite good, is wanting in comparison to other Conrad’s. Also I’m not a big fan of Nusa Dua but the purpose of vacation this time around is moreso to just plop myself down on the beach/gondolas and relax since I already explored the island the last time I went. The beach is still really bad in comparison to Kuta or even Seminyak.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:35 am

Business is booming at this property. ONE company has booked the entire resort during the first few days in June 2020.

We first visited in 2013 and have returned every year since then. The staff and service are what entice us. The current management is commendable for all the improvements.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 1:15 pm

I certainly agree with you, and my criticisms from my previous stay certainly wasn’t from the staff they are amazing!

My criticisms were mainly about the hard product of the regular rooms and resort itself (I can go into detail later if people would like) and the breakfast at Suku, while still quite good, is wanting in comparison to other Conrad’s. Also I’m not a big fan of Nusa Dua but the purpose of vacation this time around is moreso to just plop myself down on the beach/gondolas and relax since I already explored the island the last time I went. The beach is still really bad in comparison to Kuta or even Seminyak.

Can you please go into detail? I think that would be helpful. It's a forum and it's about sharing ideas/opinions /thoughts. That's the only way progress is made, right? :-)

Actually, the Conrad Bali isn't in Nusa Dua. It's in Tanjung Benoa. This area isn't known for having quality beaches. Also, I don't think that the resort can do much about improving the beach since that's the nature of it all, but what improvements would you like for the beach?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
Can you please go into detail? I think that would be helpful. It's a forum and it's about sharing ideas/opinions /thoughts. That's the only way progress is made, right? :-)

Actually, the Conrad Bali isn't in Nusa Dua. It's in Tanjung Benoa. This area isn't known for having quality beaches. Also, I don't think that the resort can do much about improving the beach since that's the nature of it all, but what improvements would you like for the beach?
Sure.

I stayed sometime in the summer 2019. There were a couple weddings so no suite upgrade but got one with an ocean view (no big deal really don’t care much for upgrades but they are nice). From memory, my biggest complaints were the poor design of the bathrooms. The sink is too shallow and oddly shaped that one washing your hands will the water running at semi-strength will cause you to splash water all over your nice shirt. The shower door isn’t properly sealed so we had to always put a few towels down to soak the water from the shower. I also don’t like the design of the toilet, it’s too low in my opinion but that may be normal size in Asia.

Any of these details are certainly not deal breakers, but upthread I cautioned that you shouldn’t go to this resort unless you have status (and probably only diamond) or the rates are super cheap, as there are better properties at comparable prices in (my opinion) better parts of the island.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:24 am

Sure.

I stayed sometime in the summer 2019. There were a couple weddings so no suite upgrade but got one with an ocean view (no big deal really don’t care much for upgrades but they are nice). From memory, my biggest complaints were the poor design of the bathrooms. The sink is too shallow and oddly shaped that one washing your hands will the water running at semi-strength will cause you to splash water all over your nice shirt. The shower door isn’t properly sealed so we had to always put a few towels down to soak the water from the shower. I also don’t like the design of the toilet, it’s too low in my opinion but that may be normal size in Asia.

Any of these details are certainly not deal breakers, but upthread I cautioned that you shouldn’t go to this resort unless you have status (and probably only diamond) or the rates are super cheap, as there are better properties at comparable prices in (my opinion) better parts of the island.

No, those definitely aren't deal breakers lol - especially adding the fact that you did return to the Conrad Bali
Old Jan 25, 2020, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

The beach is awful. Nusa Dua has a mixed stretch of beaches, and these get worse as you move up past Conrad to the Tanjung Benoa peninsula. Dredging and reef mining allowed much of the original beach to get eroded away.

Jimbaran on the other side, has far, far nicer beaches; and rather classier hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.