Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Anyone with experience regarding Hilton status benefits at this property when the stay is booked through a third party, like BA holidays (flights+hotel package)?
I know on paper you have no benefits and no points given when not booking directly with Hilton, but sometimes it happens anyway... and before making any decision I would like to know if there are chances or not at all.

Thank you!
Old Aug 30, 2019, 8:33 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by antebellum
I'm wondering what's the chance of getting late checkouts as Gold, given my stay in September. Generous or stingy?
I have been here several time -granted not since 2016 - but they had a late checkout lounge with showers so you could freshen up before heading to the airport. I assume that is still in place. Its pretty common in Asian resorts
Old Aug 30, 2019, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by soy
I have been here several time -granted not since 2016 - but they had a late checkout lounge with showers so you could freshen up before heading to the airport. I assume that is still in place. Its pretty common in Asian resorts
The lounge has been converted to the gym. There are still shower facilities in the back of the new gym that you might be able to us.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Rasmus3s
Thank you for the update.

Just seems like this renovation has been going on forever. Would have expected them to be done by the start of the high season.

Am booked into a Deluxe King Garden View Room for a stay this summer and asked what it would cost to upgrade to a Villa. Got a quote back by email which was higher than the price difference between my room and the villa on Hilton's own website...
Can anyone share details on what exactly is being changed? When will the renovations be complete?
Old Sep 12, 2019, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Can anyone share details on what exactly is being changed? When will the renovations be complete?
Theres lots above but all rooms completely gutted and redone in paint and style and furniture. Tiling, painting etc. Gym moved, spa redone, restaurants endclosed or changed completely etc.
irs huge and there is no timeline for completion. There is still the entire suites wing to go, so 1-2 years? They use the low season (soon) to close large parts down, but I still love the place.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
Well, I am very much looking towards to our stay (in about two weeks), however, I have several questions:
1. How did the renovation process go, and have any rooms been renovated already?
2. Have anyone used hotel transfer service before, and what is the approximate price range?
I am arriving from CGK, hence no immigration required whatsoever.

Thanks very much.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Well, I am very much looking towards to our stay (in about two weeks), however, I have several questions:
1. How did the renovation process go, and have any rooms been renovated already?
2. Have anyone used hotel transfer service before, and what is the approximate price range?
1. Spend some time reading through this thread, there is lots of info re: renovations.

2. Last time I was there (2017) the Conrad airport transfer was $22 USD, only marginally more expensive than a local taxi and hence a no-brainer to have a car there waiting for you.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: A3*G, HH Gold
I am arriving from CGK, hence no immigration required whatsoever.

Thanks very much.
As I just returned from a 7 night stay there, some recent experience regarding your questions:

1. From what I recall, the whole northernmost wing (between the suites area and the small pond) is currently being renovated, resulting in quite some noise so I would make sure to get a room near the main pool area where no construction is going on. We got an already renovated room (lagoon view IIRC) and much of the facilities around the resort look refreshed. Though they are still doing some work at the beach directly in front of the main pool which can be bothering at times (not that the sea is particularly nice in that area of Bali due to the tide anyway).
2. They sent us an email a few days before offering the shuttle for 28USD per car/way. Though we didn’t use it and just took a grab car for 9USD which was a painless affair and I recommend if you are familiar with rideshares.

Wish you a nice stay in Bali!

Edit: And I just realized you were asking about late checkout as Gold earlier in this thread, we were only given 2pm as our room has already been assigned to someone else. And don’t get too excited about any upgrades, we only got a 1 category upgrade as mentioned, though YMMV.
Still a fairly nice resort especially considering the price point, though as others have said doesn’t really feel like a Conrad (didn’t help that I stayed at the Conrad Tokyo afterwards )
antebellum likes this.

Last edited by Bavariair; Sep 21, 2019 at 8:50 pm
Old Sep 22, 2019, 4:25 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Bavariair
As I just returned from a 7 night stay there, some recent experience regarding your questions:

1. From what I recall, the whole northernmost wing (between the suites area and the small pond) is currently being renovated, resulting in quite some noise so I would make sure to get a room near the main pool area where no construction is going on. We got an already renovated room (lagoon view IIRC) and much of the facilities around the resort look refreshed. Though they are still doing some work at the beach directly in front of the main pool which can be bothering at times (not that the sea is particularly nice in that area of Bali due to the tide anyway).
2. They sent us an email a few days before offering the shuttle for 28USD per car/way. Though we didn’t use it and just took a grab car for 9USD which was a painless affair and I recommend if you are familiar with rideshares.

Wish you a nice stay in Bali!

Edit: And I just realized you were asking about late checkout as Gold earlier in this thread, we were only given 2pm as our room has already been assigned to someone else. And don’t get too excited about any upgrades, we only got a 1 category upgrade as mentioned, though YMMV.
Still a fairly nice resort especially considering the price point, though as others have said doesn’t really feel like a Conrad (didn’t help that I stayed at the Conrad Tokyo afterwards )
Thanks very much for your advices. I've booked the base garden view room (which were renovated, based on what I've read from previous threads), certainly a bonus. ^
Update: I've completed a stay there, and I was given 2PM checkout and upgraded to renovated lagoon access room (I didn't even ask, that automatically appeared in Hilton app)

Last edited by antebellum; Oct 6, 2019 at 11:55 pm
Old Dec 2, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
What breakfast option did they offer you as Gold?
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
My husband, as gold, had the full breakfast buffet in early October. He also got a "small" upgrade from a standard Garden Room to a Lagoon View one.
Me, I had two nights last week as diamond and received an upgrade from a standard Garden Room to a Lagoon Access Room in the central wing. Very nice room, wonderful position. Having lounge access anyway, I really prefer this kind of room to a suite.

I really like this hotel, also for all the mini-markets and restaurants available at walking distance. I'm looking forward to go back there next April.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 8:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
What breakfast option did they offer you as Gold?
The offer the full buffet, though I forget if they allow you to order a la carte items off the menu as a gold (complimentary for diamonds).

Honestly, unless your dying to stay in Nusa Dua or hoping for an upgrade to a lagoon room I wouldn’t come to the Conrad as a gold. The only clear upside over the HGI (only 5k/night!) is the executive lounge that you get with diamond status/exec rooms. The afternoon tea and evening canapés are really nice, but then again I’m going again next week and I don’t think the extra 25k points is worth it and booked a stay at the HGI 5 nights/20k points, 10k less than the cheapest night at Conrad.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:33 pm

I think the comparison of HGI vs Conrad is ridiculous. HGI is a one night airport stopover hotel only, and priced as such.

conrad is many miles ahead as a resort, but as gold I wouldn’t necessarily choose it over other Nusa Dua hotels.
JJeffrey and Cat88L3 like this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:49 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by Cynicor
I think the comparison of HGI vs Conrad is ridiculous. HGI is a one night airport stopover hotel only, and priced as such.

conrad is many miles ahead as a resort, but as gold I wouldn’t necessarily choose it over other Nusa Dua hotels.
It depends on what OP wants out of their stay. No doubt Conrad is “better” than HGI, but it’s simply not worth the price if one is not a diamond (and I don’t say that because of service, only because of amenities.) There are many more better properties with nicer beaches and better service at comparable prices on the island.

If OP has to stay within Hilton portfolio, I rather stay at HGI and spend the excess money on nice local restaurants/attractions/spas etc.

With that being said I would not recommend Hilton in Bali if possible, there are much better and more varied properties in better parts of the island (I’m partial to Ubud, but even for beaches I think Seminyak is better) through Hyatt/Marriott/Local
Old Dec 7, 2019, 2:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Cynicor

I agree. It's like comparing Spam to steak, lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.