Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:08 am

What sort of lagoon suite is the new one? I had a renovated king lagoon access suite last December. I don't think there are any Conrad suites called lagoon suites, so is this a new category or is it just the first in the currently renovated block?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IC Plat Elt, Hilton Diamond, QF silver
I've just completed a five night stay at the Conrad.

I booked a base room and was pre upgraded to a newly refurbished Lagoon twin (diamond) . I asked if i could be upgraded to a Conrad Suite and was told it would be $100 per night, i negotiated that price down and took the suite. I do feel based on the occupancy being around 40% according to the staff and the suites were empty they should of maybe offered the upgrade for free.

Staff are very friendly and want to help but its a bit hit and miss as to if you get what you want. Breakfast is good quality, Dinner at RIN was ok but nothing special . Alcohol is expensive and the local wine quality is not the best during the evening cocktails. We took our evening cocktails in the lobby lounge as we have a young child, the staff are lovely, the canapes were great, i stuck my head into the Club Lounge and its not particularly big if the hotel was busy.

Some building work is still ongoing but it didn't disturb us and its very well managed. The Conrad suites are the next to be renovated, so they are looking a little tired and shabby in places, i just wanted it for the extra space and for that if was fantastic.

Its funny but others have commented on the watersports freeway on the beach and they are not joking! All day fronm 9am-5pm jetski's and speedboats roar up and down. It didn't effect me but if your "noise sensitive' it may well!

However if i look at what i paid for the week including lunch and evening meals its pretty good value for money, just don't try and compare it too much to other Conrad locations as its just not up to that usual high standard overall, but equally dont discount it because it represents good value for money.
not2017 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 4:40 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
It is in Block II from the map above. I don’t know if their are similar in Block I. Photos coming on Wednesday.

Block II is very close to being finished, I’ll be in a functioning room there later in the week, and the ones above are just having final finishing touches.

Block 3 is currently fully closed for renovations, but it isn’t impacting our stay at all. They don’t start work until 9:30am and you can’t hear the noise unless you’re stood outside.
Originally Posted by ajayr
Apologies if this has been answered before, but are the Conrad Twin Suites sufficient for three adults and one child? The Hilton app seems to allow the four of us to book a single suite. Would all four of us get lounge access and free breakfast in the lounge even if we book a room only rate? Thanks!
There are two queen beds, so if you are comfortable sleeping 2+2 you’ll be fine. Also just to point out what they call queen is UK super king, and what they call king is UK football field.

I like a large bed, which is why we went with the king, and asked for two rollaways for the kids. They initially wanted 786,500IDR per bed, per night!

Whem I said that was excessive (via e-mail, before we arrived) they said I could have buy one get one free as I am Diamond, which I still wasn’t happy about, but when I checked in, the front desk manager reviewed all the e-mail correspondence backwards and forewords then said there would be no bed charges at all.
Here are some photos of the new Pool Lagoon Suite:

Its not a room for quiet relaxing because the pool is literally on the doorstep, but for a family with young kids it is much better for us than the Conrad Suites.

Also, after a week here I feel I need to address some of the comments upthread.

I was was a little bit apprehensive about coming here after reading such mixed reactions, but my personal view is that this is a very good hotel.

I think it just about clings to on-brand status for a Conrad despite some of it not being refurbed in 12 years. It makes up for any small deficiencies in value for money. I can’t speak for the rooms but the suits are very good. Soft beds with good linen, plenty of space (the 3D renders on the website do not do the amount of space justice), well powered AC, nothing at all to be faulted really (except for the WiFi).

What makes this place really worth it though is the service. ALL of the staff have a really great attitude, I have the Concierge, Head of Guest Services, Rooms Division Director sand General Manager of the hotel on WhatsApp (Whatsapping the Concierge whenever I need to book anything is really great), they have remote call buttons if you need service in a cabana and everyone from Check-in to room service to laundry pick-up is really pro-active about being as helpful as possible.

I don’t agree with anything anyone has said about lack of status recognition, I got:

- A room upgrade to the highest available
- Free breakfast for x4
- Lounge access
- Suites pool access
- Ability to take afternoon tea and cocktails in the lobby bar because of the kids
- Everything off the kids menu is free
- x6 pieces free dry cleaning per day
- 15% off all all F&B (on top of kids eat free)
- 25% off all spa treatments
- 25% off spa
- x4 small water bottles and x1 2 litre bottle of water per day
- An invitation to sit down with the GM to discuss the hotel, the Conrad brand, the Hilton Brand, how my stay was going and feedback about the hotel
not2017, ulus and xmzzn123 like this.

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 24, 2019 at 12:54 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 4:45 am

Must have meant new for the block, as I definitely stayed in this layout in Dec last year!

Its quite a quiet room if you get the ones in block 1 as they are a bit more isolated.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci

We booked this room specifically for the view/balcony, hoping to be upgraded to a pool suite, but none were available, however the guest relations manager came and found me at breakfast this morning and said the very first renovated Lagoon Suite is just about complete (we had a tour of it, just the bath is left to install) and we could have it as a complimentary upgrade for the second half of our stay*
Good info. Thank you.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Has anyone got exec lounge access as a gold after being upgraded to a Conrad suite twin?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:34 am

Also, after a week here I feel I need to address some of the comments upthread.

I was was a little bit apprehensive about coming here after reading such mixed reactions, but my personal view is that this is a very good hotel.

I think it just about clings to on-brand status for a Conrad despite some of it not being refurbed in 12 years. It makes up for any small deficiencies in value for money. I can’t speak for the rooms but the suits are very good. Soft beds with good linen, plenty of space (the 3D renders on the website do not do the amount of space justice), well powered AC, nothing at all to be faulted really (except for the WiFi).

What makes this place really worth it though is the service. ALL of the staff have a really great attitude, I have the Concierge, Head of Guest Services, Rooms Division Director sand General Manager of the hotel on WhatsApp (Whatsapping the Concierge whenever I need to book anything is really great), they have remote call buttons if you need service in a cabana and everyone from Check-in to room service to laundry pick-up is really pro-active about being as helpful as possible.

I don’t agree with anything anyone has said about lack of status recognition, I got:

- A room upgrade to the highest available
- Free breakfast for x4
- Lounge access
- Suites pool access
- Ability to take afternoon tea and cocktails in the lobby bar because of the kids
- Everything off the kids menu is free
- x6 pieces free dry cleaning per day
- 15% off all all F&B (on top of kids eat free)
- 25% off all spa treatments
- 25% off spa
- x4 small water bottles and x1 2 litre bottle of water per day
- An invitation to sit down with the GM to discuss the hotel, the Conrad brand, the Hilton Brand, how my stay was going and feedback about the hotel
Like you, I’ve had great experience at Conrad Bali. Interesting point in your post, were you upgraded from standard room to the suite and still had the free laundry? I’ve always been informed that the free laundry are not included as part of the upgrade, just wanted to find out if that’s changed.
Here are some photos of the new Pool Lagoon Suite:

I was upgraded to the premier suite king lagoon earlier this year on building I. The one you have on building II
is slightly bigger with the full size fridge and kitchen counter as well.

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 24, 2019 at 12:55 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:25 am
Suspended

is it true?

" all guests staying in the Conrad Suites wing (which include guests staying in Pool Villas) have unlimited complimentary laundry during their stay "

mayby also diamonds get this?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by headforflights
is it true?

" all guests staying in the Conrad Suites wing (which include guests staying in Pool Villas) have unlimited complimentary laundry during their stay "

mayby also diamonds get this?
I stayed on points last year and was upgraded to the Suites. The free laundry does not apply to points stay. Another time I was upgraded to the Suites on a paid stay and I did get free laundry.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:14 pm

Diamonds do not get free laundry for any reason other than that of a normal paying guest in the suites.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:43 am

I think that it is either paid Suites stays or the combination of paid Suites + Diamond that get the complimentary laundry.

When we checked into the second suite, which was not a Suites suite, the welcome letter said 15% off laundry. I queried it and was told all of my laundry will be complimentary (I had technically booked a Suites room).
Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
I think that it is either paid Suites stays or the combination of paid Suites + Diamond that get the complimentary laundry.

When we checked into the second suite, which was not a Suites suite, the welcome letter said 15% off laundry. I queried it and was told all of my laundry will be complimentary (I had technically booked a Suites room).
Paid suites get the free laundry regardless of status.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Has anyone booked this hotel through the Hotel Collection through Amex Travel?

It gives us the option to add our hilton honors number but looking for data points if Conrad Bali honors this
not2017 likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I currently have a Deluxe Lagoon King reserved (using premium room points redemption) for later this week. Received an eStandby Upgrade offer for a “Premier Deluxe Lagoon King” for 585k IDR/night extra (amongst other upgrade options). What is the difference between the “Deluxe Lagoon King” and “Premier Deluxe Lagoon King”? I cannot find any description of the latter? Is it just a guarantee to get a newly renovated room Lagoon room?

Also, are Diamonds provided access to the Conrad Suites Pool regardless of room type booked?

Thanks,
FlyerBeek
Old May 6, 2019, 3:13 pm

Rooms are identical (all available are upgraded now as Block 3 is closed), the Premier refers to position.

All the Lagoon rooms have direct pool access with ground-floor balconies and lounge beds, but many are in shade for 95% of the day, and if you’re really unlucky you can get the ones where the pool currents push all the rubbish to (only leaves etc but it’s not nice to swim through).

Diamonds do get Suites pool access, but unless you’re desperate to avoid kids it’s not that special. I prefer the cabanas that have pool on one side and beach on the other.
not2017 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.