Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Tower Bridge {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2016, 3:08 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Hi Wizla

I am afraid it is true. There will be a sky bar. I have feeling it will be like the Hilton Manchester. I can confirm this from a good source. The bar is to attract extra revenue from the office staff located all round the area, I can imagine good business of a night! Not sure what long term plans are for exec lounge.

Also interesting to hear of issues they have with Jamies, especially at breakfast as they have no control over the staff etc in there as they not Hilton staff. Will let you know if hear any more
Old Apr 11, 2016, 4:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
What's a shame, this was one of my favourite exec lounges
Old Apr 12, 2016, 12:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
The terrace of the exec lounge was the only argument for me to still book this hotel in spring/summer. No sauna/pool, no view and now what appears a terrace-less lounge stuffed into the lower levels of the hotel don't present a length of reasons to book here any longer, unless one needs the area of course.

Keen to see the outcome of the renovation, if the rooms will be spectacular maybe that can add a little again.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 1:56 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Don't think any rooms are being renovated just the addition of sky bar. So yes with no fitness no sauna small lounge and high rates better off at Bankside or Other
Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:43 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Yeah I can only agree with you guys, it's a shame but again it sounds like bankside has become a better choice regardless.......I did enjoy sitting out on that terrace last summer with a glass of prosseco watching the sun go down , however it's never been my " go to " hotel in London, that would be Canary Wharf ( oh really wizla, don't think you've ever mentioned it ), I wonder where they will put the new exec lounge, tha said, dunno if I really care.....bankside appears to be the new tower bridge.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:09 am

That is disappointing... recently achieved Diamond and this would have been the first opportunity to have guaranteed access to the lounge! Wife will be disappointed...
Old Apr 12, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
How sad! My bf and I LOVED that lounge. TB is my go-to in London. May have to start shifting some of my business to Bankside. I remember not that long ago speaking with the staff and they said they were going to be doing major enhancements based on client feedback but never thought they were actually moving the lounge.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Time to look for new London hotel. Been at this hotel 20 or 30 time and just pay whatever for that lounge. I have told many others about that cool lounge and outside area. What is everyone's other favorite London hilton lounges?
Old Apr 13, 2016, 12:48 am

[QUOTE=little_dc;26477053]Time to look for new London hotel. Been at this hotel 20 or 30 time and just pay whatever for that lounge. I have told many others about that cool lounge and outside area. What is everyone's other favorite London hilton lounges?[/QUOTE

Waldorf
Canary Wharf
Wembley
Park lane
Metropole

This would be my list starting with Waldorf as top, then reading down.......... Tower bridge would have came around third before the changes.
Canary Wharf used to be no 1 but just lately it's gone downhill a little ( see my trip reports),
Wembley has the best room and lay out ( with the outside terrace) but the canapés aren't very inspirational.
Park lane is cool , but starting to look tired, service hit and miss.
Metropole , great canapés but noisy and hard to find a seat.
The nearest n my opinion to perfection would be the Waldorf, but get there early for happy hour as it can get v busy.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 6:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Agree with what Wizla has stated above but I also highly rate Bankside.
Lovely hotel even better than Conrad St James ( in my opinion ) and also 30% cheaper.
My new favourite London hotel.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:07 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Originally Posted by little_dc
Time to look for new London hotel. Been at this hotel 20 or 30 time and just pay whatever for that lounge. I have told many others about that cool lounge and outside area. What is everyone's other favorite London hilton lounges?
Conrad is my other favourite and Metropole has a great lounge although it can get very crowded at times. I have booked some stays at Conrad this summer and Bankside. Never stayed at Bankside before and looking forward to trying it out. Thanks to all the changes at Tower Bridge, they will most likely be getting my business from now on.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 4:24 am

Further to my previous post, I have had confirmation from the hotel that the Exec lounge is back in it's original location
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by njm42
Further to my previous post, I have had confirmation from the hotel that the Exec lounge is back in it's original location
Now that I moved my stay to Bankside, I am not sure whether I want to move back. The lounge was what tipped us to the Hilton London Tower Bridge but when I saw it was moved cancelled and re-booked at Bankside.

We were looking for an alternative to the Conrad and Park Lane. I guess from the reviews either hotel should offer a good experience.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by DevilDawg1960
Now that I moved my stay to Bankside, I am not sure whether I want to move back. The lounge was what tipped us to the Hilton London Tower Bridge but when I saw it was moved cancelled and re-booked at Bankside.

We were looking for an alternative to the Conrad and Park Lane. I guess from the reviews either hotel should offer a good experience.
I would have done exactly the same thing mate, it's only the lounge that makes TB awesome, I guess it's moved back for now but for how long?......not a huge issue for me as I use Canary Wharf most of the time but it's still sad news.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 5:54 am

I used to love the Hilton TB, but sadly it is one of those properties that does not inspire loyalty and I will definitely be moving my business to Bankside when next in London. In saying that I believe the TB hotel has some of the best front of house (F&B) and housekeeping staff in the business. I have always valued the “welcome” from these people and their efforts in making me feel special year after year.

I prefer to stay on the south of the Thames, rather than the City and that’s always been a key point of difference with the Hilton TB (especially, the easy access to Bermondsey Street and the great F&B scene there). However, Bankside is not that far away and opens up some other dining opportunities which when combined with better accommodations and potentially cheaper rates are a no brainer.

I did not spend too much time in the TB / EL, but always enjoyed the view from the terrace towards the City. If the Hilton is thinking about turning that amenity into a bar, well all I can say is good luck, as there are a plethora of spaces in London offering better views when having a G&T.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.