Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Tower Bridge {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:37 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Absolutely no need to pennypinch like this now, or any other London (or major city) hotel, unlike 12months ago when the recession had yet to lift.

Since 12months ago, Hilton-TB room rates have really firmed up, especially since April , ++25-50% or more per night for rooms , no cheap weekends here for me, as no more £99 pr13cb's, more like £170/night at weekends, and higher occupany rates too.

I will not stay here again until lounge service, which I advocated as being one of best for offerings for London Hilton is reinstated.
That's a fair comment there mate, I have a gig to do near tower bridge early December and the rates are now very high for a Friday night......also I'm annoyed buy the cost cuts you mention.....that alone makes me want to book elsewhere .
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by wizla
That's a fair comment there mate, I have a gig to do near tower bridge early December and the rates are now very high for a Friday night......also I'm annoyed buy the cost cuts you mention.....that alone makes me want to book elsewhere .
But will you? The hotel is obviously betting that you will not.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by mcgahat
Yup.....TB @ £274 or Canary wharf @ £129...... Tb is more convenient but CW is a £25 cab ride........I'm a man of principals, it's a no brainer!
Old Nov 2, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: BAEC blue, CX Gold, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Le Club Accor Plat
Yup.....TB @ £274 or Canary wharf @ £129...... Tb is more convenient but CW is a £25 cab ride........I'm a man of principals, it's a no brainer!
I was just about to book 3 long weekends for the next 6 months. Tower Bridge would have been the hotel of choice as it has been my go-to London hotel over the past year or so. Not now and I've booked Canary Wharf for the first one and will hold off the next two to see if CW lives up to expectations.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
That's good. It will be interesting to see if others do the same or just accept the cutbacks. The rates are pretty high these days at this property so I would agree that I am not sure why they need to make the cuts now.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by speccy
I was just about to book 3 long weekends for the next 6 months. Tower Bridge would have been the hotel of choice as it has been my go-to London hotel over the past year or so. Not now and I've booked Canary Wharf for the first one and will hold off the next two to see if CW lives up to expectations.
Also consider the nearby DoubleTree if Canary Wharf is not quite near enough for your needs.

DT is sometimes as pricey (more even) than Hilton-TB , but I can't see any real pattern/reason to rates sometimees being higher at the DT yet. If DT cheaper then DT is a worthwhile option.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 11:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
It has been a while since last staying at the Hilton Canary Wharf (despite a more attractive price point often), but switched my next stay later this month over from TB to CW now.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
It has been a while since last staying at the Hilton Canary Wharf (despite a more attractive price point often), but switched my next stay later this month over from TB to CW now.
If you have meetings in the London Bridge area however Canary Wharf is not the most convenient place to be.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by mcgahat
There you go....done it!..... now staying at the doubletree tower of London ( check meeting thread)......like I said, im a man of principles.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Having just completed my third stay in November here- I have to say this hotel is very convenient and one of the better run Hiltons in London.

I do like the room design, the bar has been softly refurbished and is even better now (in the words of their staff- feels less like an airport lounge), the restaurant is solid and the lounge quite good.

The hotel has been running very high occupancy and even on weekends fully booked- yet seems to be able to do so without visible strain to the guest.

I would recommend here if you wish to be in this part of London- the only better choice is the very nearby Shangri-la although the pricing there is somewhat higher.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:41 pm

disappointing

as someone who has stayed here in the past, it is really disappointing that they have now downgraded the offerings in the exec lounge to only four different spirits. I wonder how long before they go.

it was also chaos tonight as it was staff party and the staff had been brought in from the wharf and did not know the hotel very well!
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Don't say I haven't warned you on this thread about their lounge downgrading it's a real shame, they had a fantastic product.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
Don't say I haven't warned you on this thread about their lounge downgrading it's a real shame, they had a fantastic product.
It is a shame!.......I like this hilton, it's very similar to Canary wharf, the only reason I don't stay there more often is because there is no parking , if you do its a good fifteen min walk away in butlers wharf and it ain't cheap!.......as for the lounge downgrading its offerings I find this very disappointing!.....have you noticed they never downgrade the prices eh?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:52 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
The downstairs lounge area has been completely remodeled. Quite stylish nowadays. Jamie's Italian should enter premises soon also.

Prices of the room minibar and also in the lobby lounge seem to have gone up. £13 for a 500 ml white wine in the minibar compared to £9.50 for the same in Hilton Canary Wharf.

Servicewise, the check in agent did step out from behind the desk to pass the room key. In Canary Wharf not. Hilton App check-in did work well in both places, just a signature needed before heading to the lift.

Both places had good nibble and drinks selection in the exec lounges and no congestion.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TTL

Both places had good nibble and drinks selection in the exec lounges and no congestion.
Has the Hilton Tower Bridge returned to offering some sort of afternoon tea offering?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.