Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Tower Bridge {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:20 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
Has the Hilton Tower Bridge returned to offering some sort of afternoon tea offering?
Sorry, I can not comment that, usually I get to hotel only after 6 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:22 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Has the Hilton Tower Bridge returned to offering some sort of afternoon tea offering?
No, not during my weekend stay at the beginning of the month, at least
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Have a stay this weekend. Will report if there are any changes in the lounge. According to the property rep on Trip Advisor, there are changes forthcoming, though not by this weekend. Gives one hope for the future hahaha.^
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fabulousflygirl
According to the property rep on Trip Advisor, there are changes forthcoming, though not by this weekend. Gives one hope for the future hahaha.^
Did the property rep indicate what the nature of the changes were to be? More on the positive side (e.g. reintroduction of some afternoon tea offering) or more likely on the "enhancement" side, i.e. marketing speak for getting rid of something more (which would then relate to the evening offer I guess, not much else left that could be "enhanced").
Old Mar 11, 2015, 4:57 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Did the property rep indicate what the nature of the changes were to be? More on the positive side (e.g. reintroduction of some afternoon tea offering) or more likely on the "enhancement" side, i.e. marketing speak for getting rid of something more (which would then relate to the evening offer I guess, not much else left that could be "enhanced").
As far as any food/drink offerings, nothing specific was mentioned. They said they were in the process of reviewing current offerings and wanted to do something different moving forward. They did mention that private check in for executive level guests would be accommodated in the main check in desk in the lobby for the time being. They are looking at installing a door for entry with the room key card as well as key card entry in the elevators for added security. That is pretty much all they mentioned for the time being.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 5:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

As far as any food/drink offerings, nothing specific was mentioned. They said they were in the process of reviewing current offerings and wanted to do something different moving forward. They did mention that private check in for executive level guests would be accommodated in the main check in desk in the lobby for the time being. They are looking at installing a door for entry with the room key card as well as key card entry in the elevators for added security. That is pretty much all they mentioned for the time being.
Thanks fabflygirl! sounds like I better brace myself for worse to come then - sounds definitely like they are removing the exec lounge host (making it a far less personal space), and "wanted to do something different moving forward" sounds like it could become alarming. We'll see.

if you find out anything more during your stay, I'd be more than pleased to read you again here
Old Mar 11, 2015, 5:23 am

Thanks fabflygirl! sounds like I better brace myself for worse to come then - sounds definitely like they are removing the exec lounge host (making it a far less personal space), and "wanted to do something different moving forward" sounds like it could become alarming. We'll see.

if you find out anything more during your stay, I'd be more than pleased to read you again here
I'll be there this weekend so I will definitely see if I can find out any other details and post my findings. There are definitely a lot of people that have voiced their disappointment over the current changes both here and on TA, so maybe they will do something to improve. I just hope The Met doesn't decide to change things like TB has currently. Their EL has always been nice.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 4:34 am

So update on the lounge. All still looks the same. Offerings were continental breakfast with scrambled eggs and bacon for the hot items. No return of the afternoon tea. It is still snacks from 12-6. Sad things out in canisters. Evening drinks and canapés consisted of wine (red/white/cava), some good local beers and a very few spirit choices. Cold items were cold cuts, cheese, salads, smoked salmon and 2 hot items (chicken wings and veggie samosas one night and macaroni and cheese and a pork tenderloin the other night). Staff couldn't really comment on what specific changes were coming about except that they were reviewing the current offerings in response to guest feedback. Off to my other go-to properties for the rest of the weekend/next week. Will post on their respective threads. Cheers!
Old Mar 14, 2015, 5:10 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
So update on the lounge. All still looks the same. Offerings were continental breakfast with scrambled eggs and bacon for the hot items. No return of the afternoon tea. It is still snacks from 12-6. Sad things out in canisters. Evening drinks and canapés consisted of wine (red/white/cava), some good local beers and a very few spirit choices. Cold items were cold cuts, cheese, salads, smoked salmon and 2 hot items (chicken wings and veggie samosas one night and macaroni and cheese and a pork tenderloin the other night). Staff couldn't really comment on what specific changes were coming about except that they were reviewing the current offerings in response to guest feedback. Off to my other go-to properties for the rest of the weekend/next week. Will post on their respective threads. Cheers!
Thanks for the updates, good to know, I've booked a room here mid April and will also update on offerings / room / changes.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 5:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Staff couldn't really comment on what specific changes were coming about except that they were reviewing the current offerings in response to guest feedback.
Thanks for your report and enquiries. I try hard and keep open-minded about what they may change in "response to guest feedback"...

I am sure the afternoon tea was also removed "in response to guest feedback"
Old Mar 14, 2015, 11:57 am

Thanks for your report and enquiries. I try hard and keep open-minded about what they may change in "response to guest feedback"...

I am sure the afternoon tea was also removed "in response to guest feedback"
Well anything has to be better than tortilla chips and spicy peanuts in a canister at tea time!
Old Mar 24, 2015, 4:01 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Breakfast has been moved to first floor conference room with limited offerings. And a surly breakfast room receptionist - at least this morning.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: TK: Elite, BA: Silver, A3: Gold, AB: Platinum, SPG: Platinum, Hilton: Diamond
Originally Posted by TTL
Breakfast has been moved to first floor conference room with limited offerings. And a surly breakfast room receptionist - at least this morning.
Same in the second week of march.
I will be back at the end of April, let see if there have been some changes. A little afternoon tea offer in the lounge would be nice, the currently offered "snacks" are a joke.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 10:12 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
A new "enhancement" is one way: Jamies Italian - where the breakfast room used to be! Not sure what the story is, I assume breakfast will remain upstairs
Old Apr 13, 2015, 3:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gav0106
A new "enhancement" is one way: Jamies Italian - where the breakfast room used to be! Not sure what the story is, I assume breakfast will remain upstairs
Had a two night stay at the TB, and learnt that breakfast will be a novel offering in the Jamie Oliver Restaurant, apparently Jamie Oliver style rather than standard Hilton fare. This could turn out interesting.

Breakfast was chaotic in both the current replacement space on 1st floor and the executive lounge. Not happy, and I voluntarily got up 2h earlier on Sunday to avoid the piles of uncleared plates and waste on the tables in the lounge.

Other than that, the removal of what was an excellent afternoon tea still fills me with pain, the evening lounge offer remains good, one night it was uninspired chicken wings and spring rolls as hot items - meeeh, but the other evening very nice prepared portions of meat with vegetables and a vegetable option consisting of pasta parcels. Very good.

Currently still four kinds of spirit out.

Was treated very well as a Diamond for this stay, but that may be partly due to service recovery from a previous stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.