Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Tower Bridge {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:00 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by wizla
Don't forget the " off the scale awesome" granola at Jamie's!.
I'm sorry to report that the granola was disappointing... not at all like the Bankside Granola. Clearly it was decent granola - just less spectacular than I was hoping forI also love the various fruit compote options at Bankside that were missing here... as well as the super-luxury lardy yoghurts (of which the pear one is my favourite, in case anyone cares!)

And there was no a la carte menu to order from (I enquired specifically) - but the omelette and other hot breakfast items were to a very high standard.

Happy overall - just not up to the Bankside mark.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
I'm sorry to report that the granola was disappointing... not at all like the Bankside Granola. Clearly it was decent granola - just less spectacular than I was hoping forI also love the various fruit compote options at Bankside that were missing here... as well as the super-luxury lardy yoghurts (of which the pear one is my favourite, in case anyone cares!)

And there was no a la carte menu to order from (I enquired specifically) - but the omelette and other hot breakfast items were to a very high standard.

Oh really?.......shame!....when we stayed a couple of years back I thought it was better, however like I say it was a while ago.......enjoy your stay, love the lounge terrace here .
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT

I agree, though delicious, the granola is not the same as the Bankside or Conrad granola. The pear yoghurt is striking my fancy. Must look for that next time at Bankside.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by fabulousflygirl
I agree, though delicious, the granola is not the same as the Bankside or Conrad granola. The pear yoghurt is striking my fancy. Must look for that next time at Bankside.
Combine the Bankside pear yoghurt with the pear and apple compotes and a shovelful of granola ... there's no other breakfast like it !!!
Old Dec 26, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Upgrade Chances?

I've booked a couple of nights (a Thursday and Friday night) in mid-January. How good are they at this property in upgrading Diamonds? Worth asking for a Suite if available?

Excited to try it out for the first time, regardless!
Old Dec 26, 2017, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I've booked a couple of nights (a Thursday and Friday night) in mid-January. How good are they at this property in upgrading Diamonds? Worth asking for a Suite if available?

Low chance of a suite in my experience. I think they have very few suites here (used to have just one if I recall correctly). Even as a gold I got an exec room here, so didn't feel any better off as a diamond.

But, irrespective, remain excited. Tower Bridge is a great hotel in a great spot with a fantastic lounge that has a terrace with cracking City views. Enjoy your first stay - you may become hooked!
Old Dec 26, 2017, 12:36 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G

Hi Teemuflyer, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here regardless of the room you get as the location is very good for London, the tube, walking along the Thames and much more, with a lovely exec lounge and an outside terrace! (even if it is Jan. when you visit, worth a look at the view you'll get).

Regarding suites, there is 1 (yes, only one) here at the hotel. I have not yet come across anyone that has been upgraded to it (you can pay to upgrade to it) so you'll likely get a nice exec room as an upgrade instead, these can be rooms with a bit more space or just rooms higher up and with bathrobes and slippers.

Please see the review I posted about the suite here (when I did pay to upgrade to it): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19941862-post187.html

Personally, I'd just take the exec room upgrade you'll likely get, hit the lounge and then use the savings to enjoy your time in London more. Don't forget breakfast in Jamies is very good, if somewhat hectic and busy...

Do post about your stay as it would be good to hear others opinions on the hotel of late.

Safe travels.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 12:36 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest

The same pessimist here... They have a very limited number of suites (=1), so the chances might be slim and may depend on the type of booking. Try Bankside instead, much nicer a hotel and many more suites.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 12:46 pm

Low chance of a suite in my experience. I think they have very few suites here (used to have just one if I recall correctly). Even as a gold I got an exec room here, so didn't feel any better off as a diamond.

But, irrespective, remain excited. Tower Bridge is a great hotel in a great spot with a fantastic lounge that has a terrace with cracking City views. Enjoy your first stay - you may become hooked!
Looking forward to it, thanks!
Old Dec 26, 2017, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by BotB
Hi Teemuflyer, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here regardless of the room you get as the location is very good for London, the tube, walking along the Thames and much more, with a lovely exec lounge and an outside terrace! (even if it is Jan. when you visit, worth a look at the view you'll get).

Regarding suites, there is 1 (yes, only one) here at the hotel. I have not yet come across anyone that has been upgraded to it (you can pay to upgrade to it) so you'll likely get a nice exec room as an upgrade instead, these can be rooms with a bit more space or just rooms higher up and with bathrobes and slippers.

Please see the review I posted about the suite here (when I did pay to upgrade to it): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19941862-post187.html

Personally, I'd just take the exec room upgrade you'll likely get, hit the lounge and then use the savings to enjoy your time in London more. Don't forget breakfast in Jamies is very good, if somewhat hectic and busy...

Do post about your stay as it would be good to hear others opinions on the hotel of late.

Safe travels.
Familiar with the area, just not the hotel! Thanks for sharing your Suite experience. I'm sure we'll be happy in any decent room they provide and having the EL and Jamie's access!
Old Dec 26, 2017, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by TTL
The same pessimist here... They have a very limited number of suites (=1), so the chances might be slim and may depend on the type of booking. Try Bankside instead, much nicer a hotel and many more suites.
Pessimist, realist, whatever it takes Appreciate you sharing your insights, as "tough" as they might be...
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last week I had a 3 night stay. This is my second time staying at this hotel. I really like the location. Had one really annoying issue this time. During the first night the fire alarm went of multiple times. I was sound asleep when the first alarm went off somewhere I think around 10:30PM and it took a good 10-15 minutes to clear it. I was able to get dressed and stumble into the hallway where other guests were mulling around. After they cleared that alarm, I went back to bed and again it sounded for less than a minute. And once more for an even shorter amount of time. What a why to start a stay.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:45 am

EL Happy Hour?

Does anyone know what time the HH is at the EL?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Does anyone know what time the HH is at the EL?
6pm until 9pm , so Im told.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:48 pm

DIA Pre-Arrival E-Mail with EL Lounge Details Etc..

Found this quite helpful.., although there is some marketing and a request for TripAdvisor recommendation.

"Dear teemuflyer,

I would like to personally thank you for choosing Hilton London Tower Bridge and for your loyalty as a Hilton Honors Diamond member.

We are looking forward to welcoming you and hope you enjoy your first stay with us!

As Hilton Honors Diamond Member you have complimentary access to our lovely Executive Lounge with terrace..

Times of our Executive lounge:

Opening Hours: 06.30-22.00

Breakfast from 06.30-11.00

Afternoon Tea/Snacks from 14.00-17.00

Canapés & Cocktails from 18.00-21.00

· The Executive Lounge with terrace is located on the 9th floor

· Serving Breakfast buffet

· Afternoon selection of cakes, sweets and snacks

· A selection of "all day refreshments"

· Evening service with cold and hot finger food are combined with complimentary wines, spirits and beers

Pictures of our Executive lounge with terrace below:

Did you know?

Our property is proud to offer the service of ‘Digital Key’, so you are now able to access your room from simply using your mobile phone or tablet.

As a Hilton Honors Member you are able to check-in online and choose your own room 24 hours prior to your arrival.

Once the room you have selected is ready, your credit card will be automatically pre-authorised and you will be able to go straight to your room using your Digital key!
Just access the Digital Check-in service through our Hilton Honors App or the Hilton website.

Why not treat yourself?

From a room upgrade to our delicious hand crafted cocktails, we are here to make your stay memorable.

Discover the definition of urban opulence in TwoRuba.

During the day TwoRuba is perfect for a lovely coffee break away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

In the evening, we serve expertly crafted cocktails alongside creative small plates. TwoRuba brings a dash of glamour and lashings of luxury to Tower Bridge.

Please contact us to inquire if you would like to book a private space for a large group in TwoRuba Bar.

If you would like any newspaper sent to your room during your stay, please let me know which you prefer.

We offer the following:

Times

Guardian

Financial Times

Daily Mail

New York Times

Telegraph

USA Today

Should you require any further assistance or anything else for that matter, I will be delighted to be there for you.

If you find the time, I would greatly appreciate if you could share your experience about your stay on TripAdvisor.

Please, mention any team members that exceeded expectations with their service and made your stay memorable.

Best Regards,

XXXXI Guest Relations Officer

HILTON LONDON TOWER BRIDGE

t: 0203 002 4333 I f: 0203 002 4460 I m: 07448295448 I

5 More London, Tooley Street I London SE1 2BY IUK"

Hilton.com I TowerBridge.Hilton.com I Trip Advisor

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.