Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Tower Bridge {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Hilton TB is as consistent as ever

Re-kindling the old flame this weekend. The Hilton TB flame, not a romantic flame...

It remains predictably good. Upgrade to exec room, as usual. They did this consistently while I was gold too, though not sure how they treat golds now.

The Lounge continues to offer a really decent evening product: wines, fizz, spirits - keeping the punters happy. Plus soup, bread, cheese, crudités, breaded mushrooms, a cheese tortellini, a pork and lentil/bean thingy and a few other bits and pieces. Pleasingly, they have left out the scones and traybake from afternoon tea, so we've basically just enjoyed a complete 3 course meal.

So, what can I say? Perhaps that re-kindling Hilton TB beats rekindling romance...?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
Re-kindling the old flame this weekend. The Hilton TB flame, not a romantic flame...

It remains predictably good. Upgrade to exec room, as usual. They did this consistently while I was gold too, though not sure how they treat golds now.

The Lounge continues to offer a really decent evening product: wines, fizz, spirits - keeping the punters happy. Plus soup, bread, cheese, crudités, breaded mushrooms, a cheese tortellini, a pork and lentil/bean thingy and a few other bits and pieces. Pleasingly, they have left out the scones and traybake from afternoon tea, so we've basically just enjoyed a complete 3 course meal.

So, what can I say? Perhaps that re-kindling Hilton TB beats rekindling romance...?
interesting!...... this hotel is very good and seems to get somewhat forgotten what with all the Bankside fame currently........there is a small chance I may be here this coming Friday, I have a stay booked at CW but there is boxing on at the o2 and last time this was the case CW was very rowdy with boxing fans staying ( check winniesbestfreind's post on that thread ) .
its a dilemma as I need to be in Greenwich at 8pm Friday night so CW is perfect...... Bankside is another option but it's an extra Ł102 for a hotel that's even further away than from Greenwich ......will give it some thought, however thanks for the trip report, last time I stayed the granola in Jamie's at breakfast was very similar to Bankside granola.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 4:26 am

I do have a certain fondness for TB, but having been back in CW a few weeks ago it remains undeniably good (apart from the upsetting dead swan on your bed... ) -so I wouldn’t pay an extra hundred quid for TB.

and be in no doubt wizla- Jamie’s breakfast is great, but his granola doesn’t touch Bankside!! On the other hand, Jamie’s knocks out a terrific omelette.

Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:09 am

No no, it's Bankside that's an extra Ł100 ( when I factor in valet parking and congestion charge ) ..... TB and CW are roughly the same at around Ł120 for a twin room ( i will have a mate with me ) ........ it's just CW is mighty convenient for Greenwich , however if CW is going to be overrun with drunken boxing fans running amok it would be awful .........and TB is only 20mins on a train from London Bridge to maze hill......maybe I'm overthinking this and should just stay CW and see.

Last edited by wizla; Apr 28, 2018 at 10:11 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:43 pm

Sorry Wizla
misunderstood the dilemma... well if TB and CW are priced similarly, the extra 20min is nothing ... revisit TB - for a change of scene, if nothing else!

Last edited by diamond club freeloader; Apr 28, 2018 at 3:58 pm
Old Apr 28, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Sorry Wizla
misunderstood the dilemma... well if TB and CW are priced similarly, the extra 20min is nothing ... revisit TB - for a change of scene, if nothing else!
I'm with you..
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:20 am

Sorry Wizla
No worries mate , it's cool.........I took your advice and went to change to TB and no twin rooms left, shame.......what I will do is stick with CW and if twin room become Available before the deadline at CW iI will swap........I'm also at Bankside Sunday night, Hannah has arranged for a box of granola to be left in my room.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by wizla
....I'm also at Bankside Sunday night, Hannah has arranged for a box of granola to be left in my room.
Glad to hear that hard-earned prize is coming your way at last...

just checking, do you mean you’re at Bankside next Sunday? Just checking cos I’m heading there today for a few nights after checkout from TB.

so, wrapping up the recent TB experience, I am reminded of all the really good stuff about this hotel: consistent room upgrade to exec floor; excellent lounge with good drinks and enough decent food to substitute for dinner in the evenings; fantastic location with magic views and that cool terrace by the lounge; good connections across London via London Bridge station (the overground part of which has now been opened and is a great addition to the area); and of course Jamie’s Italian.

Jamie’s is decent for a reasonably priced evening bite and does really good breakfasts. I’d particularly commend their omelettes and really good quality bean-to-cup coffee machine (even if they desperately need a second one to deal with the tedious queuing).

So, now I’d better flick across to the Bankside thread... where I’m heading after a trip to the excellent Maltby street market...

​​​​​​​
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:11 am

just checking, do you mean you’re at Bankside next Sunday? Just checking cos I’m heading there today for a few nights after checkout from TB.

so, wrapping up the recent TB experience, I am reminded of all the really good stuff about this hotel: consistent room upgrade to exec floor; excellent lounge with good drinks and enough decent food to substitute for dinner in the evenings; fantastic location with magic views and that cool terrace by the lounge; good connections across London via London Bridge station (the overground part of which has now been opened and is a great addition to the area); and of course Jamie’s Italian.

Jamie’s is decent for a reasonably priced evening bite and does really good breakfasts. I’d particularly commend their omelettes and really good quality bean-to-cup coffee machine (even if they desperately need a second one to deal with the tedious queuing).

So, now I’d better flick across to the Bankside thread... where I’m heading after a trip to the excellent Maltby street market...
Yep, completely agree with all you have said there........my schedule for next week is CW or TB 4th may, Bankside 6th, Hilton Birmingham metropole 8th .....have a great stay and I look forward to hearing how you get on....cheers.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:30 am

Good choice on Maltby Street. Have you tried Mercato Metropolitano?

Excellent to hear some positive reviews of TB again. They blotted their copy book with us after (1) having no mangement of the EL which mean that people were inviting their mates in from all over town and (2) treating my partner in an extremely disrespectful manner when she was waiting for me, and not following up on my complaint about it.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Pjh104
Good choice on Maltby Street. Have you tried Mercato Metropolitano?

Excellent to hear some positive reviews of TB again. They blotted their copy book with us after (1) having no mangement of the EL which mean that people were inviting their mates in from all over town and (2) treating my partner in an extremely disrespectful manner when she was waiting for me, and not following up on my complaint about it.
No, I haven't - but Mercato Metropolitano looks like another good place - since t's open late perhaps I'll try it for dinner one evening - thanks for the tip!

The EL door is now closed and only opened by key card - which is different from the open-door it used to have. But I didn't sense the number of guests was being policed ... I wasn't asked for my room number at any point, though it was just the two of us there so perhaps an obvious non-issue. The lounge was never over-stuffed or too loud at any point this weekend.
Pjh104 and wizla like this.
Old May 2, 2018, 7:49 am

No, I haven't - but Mercato Metropolitano looks like another good place - since t's open late perhaps I'll try it for dinner one evening - thanks for the tip!

The EL door is now closed and only opened by key card - which is different from the open-door it used to have. But I didn't sense the number of guests was being policed ... I wasn't asked for my room number at any point, though it was just the two of us there so perhaps an obvious non-issue. The lounge was never over-stuffed or too loud at any point this weekend.
Do you remember if the executive room have bathrobes?.......many thanks.
Old May 2, 2018, 12:29 pm

Yes, mine had two, for sure.
Old May 2, 2018, 2:00 pm

Yes, mine had two, for sure.
cheers!
Old May 2, 2018, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My last stay was in a non-executive room and it had bathrobes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.