Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Tower Bridge {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2023, 7:34 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by wizla
Yep, agree although to be fair they upgraded me to a twin executive room this afternoon and this is as far as that can go with a two bedded room , I’m also led to believe that there is very few suites here too.

Should arrive late morning…..will report back!
Problem for me is I see absolutely no meaningful difference in "standard" rooms & Executive rooms here (as a Diamond) as the benefits for me are identical whatever they name the room.

Have a good stay - looking forward to your report.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 11:38 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Thanks guys….. arrived 11-30am, room not ready so left bag with concierge and went to the gents, whilst washing my hands I got a call saying room ready so I re collect luggage and up we go.

Was preupgraded to a twin executive room, it’s very nice indeed and quite large, I picked this as it looked bigger on map and I believe it is, I will upload photos when I get time.
Bathroom is nice, large bath ( very comfortable, I just tried it ) , separate shower ( will try in morning) , robes and fluffy towels, new style toiletries.

We went up west for a walk around and returned at 4-45pm, hotel is very easy to get to from Charing Cross as most trains stop here at London Bridge and hotel is just over the road, so far the stay have been perfect and I’m very happy.

Will shortly be off to relax in the lounge….. will report back on my findings.

Last edited by wizla; Mar 17, 2023 at 11:46 am
Old Mar 17, 2023, 11:46 am

Twin executive room….
Attached Images    
Old Mar 17, 2023, 12:33 pm

Got to lounge just after 6pm, it’s half full , it’s very civilised and the food / drink selection is great, nice to see the sunset over the shard on the outside terrace.

CANAPÉS - great cheeseboard and crackers, beef and mash, cheese/ tomato tortillas, crudités, some dessert too.

SPIRITS. - roku gin , Havana, whisky, …… it’s probably easier for me to just upload photos.

BEERS - Stella, ale, becks .

WINE - red , white and prosseco..

It’s now filling up a little but not busy……. Relaxing vibe…..will upload photos and report back!
Old Mar 17, 2023, 12:36 pm

Executive lounge offerings -
Attached Images    
Old Mar 17, 2023, 12:38 pm

EXECUTIVE LOUNGE OFFERINGS - pt2
Attached Images  
Old Mar 17, 2023, 1:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I like the hotel but often find it expensive.

Booked in July but on points as close on £500 for a basic room.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 1:29 pm

Okay, we are just over half way through evening service and I’ve got to say this has been the best executive lounge experience I’ve had in a long time, great canapés, nice booze selection and a perfect vibe, it’s now quieter with just a few folk spread around , this is exactly how a lounge should be well behaved, well dressed folk and great service in my opinion.
We did originally plan to go for dinner somewhere but to be honest the canapés are so good we probably won’t, maybe a wander along the Thames and grab some street food later…will see.
Forgot to mention parking, there is a q park which is secure and quite reasonably priced a short walk from here and outside the congestion zone ( google q park tower bridge) .
Will report back!
Freetotravel likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 1:57 am

Lounge closes at 9pm, was was politely reminded of this on approach, we took a cab to royal festival hall and walked back, it’s a pleasant 2 mile walk along the Thames back with a few bars and food outlets.
We got back at 11-30 and the bar downstairs was still buzzing.

Slept well, the twin beds are USA size so they are fairly large and comfortable, forgot to mention yesterday about Nespresso Machine in room , this was appreciated just now as lounge not open until 8am.
I will use the gym this morning and then breakfast…..will report back!
Old Mar 18, 2023, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
I like the hotel but often find it expensive.

Booked in July but on points as close on £500 for a basic room.
I paid £179 for a twin guest room upgraded to twin executive…… to be honest executive means robe, slippers and a Nespresso machine from what I can see
Old Mar 18, 2023, 3:03 pm

Lounge closes at 9pm, was was politely reminded of this on approach, we took a cab to royal festival hall and walked back, it’s a pleasant 2 mile walk along the Thames back with a few bars and food outlets.
We got back at 11-30 and the bar downstairs was still buzzing.

Slept well, the twin beds are USA size so they are fairly large and comfortable, forgot to mention yesterday about Nespresso Machine in room , this was appreciated just now as lounge not open until 8am.
I will use the gym this morning and then breakfast…..will report back!
GYM - was busy, it’s a small gym with two treadmill one x trainer a watt bike …..there are free weights and a pulley rack and kettle bells.
It’s small and with 4 of us in there it was busy….towels and water provided.

BREAKFAST - was fairly busy @ 9-15am, I had grapefruit, musli / Greek yogurt / almond milk then scrambled eggs on toast.
Everything was delicious except the grapefruit as it was clearly stale.
Service was good and the selection was great…. Finished with a flat white in executive lounge, the breakfast selection in here was pretty impressive too and a few folk enjoying it…it wasn’t busy.

CHECK OUT - done online @ 11pm and off we go.

CONCLUSION - Almost perfection, if it wasn’t for the stale grapefruit it would be, I had a really great stay and very much enjoyed myself, my friend was impressed too, there’s really not much more I can say it was simply delightful…. I think this is my new favourite, if it had a sauna it definitely would be…… I will return.

ROOM NO - 1111

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Doubletree all fellows Cambridge ( 6 / 4 / 23 )
Freetotravel likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 10:58 am

Could someone confirm service times for the evenings? We’ve not stayed for years but got a good price for a Saturday in July. Can’t believe they had flavoured gin, not the highest quality but I’m not complaining!
Old Apr 1, 2023, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by Manda79
Could someone confirm service times for the evenings? We’ve not stayed for years but got a good price for a Saturday in July. Can’t believe they had flavoured gin, not the highest quality but I’m not complaining!
Yep, happy hour 6-8pm ( there is afternoon tea 3-5pm too ) .

Great food and service when I was there , saw the flavoured gins but they also have Roku which I’m told by my lady ( she’s a bit of a gin guru ) is a very good quality gin ……. You will enjoy your stay I’m sure.
Old May 21, 2023, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I continue to be impressed with this hotel. The soft product is fantastic. It might be the best Hilton in London in that regard.

Rooms are shower and separate bath. Coffee machine. Also, they're nice and quiet. In my room there was a 750ml bottle of Prosecco, 187ml red wine plus vouchers for cocktails at the bar.

Lounge is great, and the terrace is a fantastic feature. We were lucky with the weather and could enjoy the sunshine. Food is of a higher quality and in addition to the small plates shown there was also a soup. I appreciate the Roku Gin and the Franklin tonic. Afternoon tea features sandwiches... a true wow moment, given how basic the brand standard is these days.

There was also Asahi beer in addition to Stella, Becks and a Cider. On another visit the Asahi was gone.

The corner suites seem to be just allocated/sold by the hotel directly as they don't show on the booking system at all.

DrAJ and Winniesbestfriend like this.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Executive lounge offerings -
Looks good, but what is it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.