Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Tower Bridge {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2021, 10:05 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Upgraded from King Standard to King Executive ("its a bigger room than standard rooms sir" - it isn't but I didn't say anything!) on day of arrival. Fast efficient check in, given Breakfast Vouchers & voucher for complimentary drinks in the bar 6-8pm. I had draft Peroni & Mrs NoY had a G&Ts. Very minimal snacks offered; popcorn-type nibbles plus a tiny plate of olives, crudités & dip, although we were offered another helping of these if we liked. Service was good.

Breakfast was a little strange. A very limited menu was offered of either a full English, a continental or a hot vegetarian breakfast - "please choose one". This was delivered directly to the table. We customised the offerings a little & this was done with no issue. Juices, teas/coffees were self service & were all of very nice quality. Overall quite nice but a unique concept IME, even in Covid times, compared to the other Hilton & Marriott breakfasts experienced in recent weeks.

Rooms, as expected, are very nice (except no rain shower), so no complaints there.
Zurich and wizla like this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 10:36 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by NoY
Upgraded from King Standard to King Executive ("its a bigger room than standard rooms sir" - it isn't but I didn't say anything!) on day of arrival. Fast efficient check in, given Breakfast Vouchers & voucher for complimentary drinks in the bar 6-8pm. I had draft Peroni & Mrs NoY had a G&Ts. Very minimal snacks offered; popcorn-type nibbles plus a tiny plate of olives, crudités & dip, although we were offered another helping of these if we liked. Service was good.

Breakfast was a little strange. A very limited menu was offered of either a full English, a continental or a hot vegetarian breakfast - "please choose one". This was delivered directly to the table. We customised the offerings a little & this was done with no issue. Juices, teas/coffees were self service & were all of very nice quality. Overall quite nice but a unique concept IME, even in Covid times, compared to the other Hilton & Marriott breakfasts experienced in recent weeks.

Rooms, as expected, are very nice (except no rain shower), so no complaints there.
Update following checkout today; Breakfast was a bit of a joke today. Fresh fruit is not on breakfast menu, but Mrs NoY asked if they could accommodate this request. They kindly said yes. But what turned up was a hacked up bowl of large chunks of orange (badly peeled), big chunks of apple all piled up on a bed of strawberries. They mentioned blueberries but these were nowhere to be seen. The croissants looked good but were hard & tough. Sigh. The breakfast chefs here have no pride. I ended up with coffee & cold toast. I could never imagine this happening at Hilton Bankside!
Zurich and wizla like this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 2:22 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Executive lounge now open again ( with modified service) according to website
Old Sep 20, 2021, 1:33 am
NoY

I ditched the Hilton Tower Bridge for an upcoming two night stay in favour of the The Dixon, Tower Bridge, Autograph Collection (Marriott) not least of which because of my last lack lustre stay there.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 3:40 pm

Programs: BAEC silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Thought I'd update the thread as I stayed here last night. I was impressed. I've not long been diamond thanks to the lower thresholds this year. No pre stay email/app notification of upgrade but was upgraded from standard king to exec king about 48hours out. Nice enough welcome at the desk. Allocated room 1210. Top floor - had London not been covered in fog this would have had views of the shard and st Paul's in the distance. I thought the room was plenty big enough. Nice bathroom with walk in shower and a bath. Got to the lounge about 1810pm, mostly out of curiosity and ended up staying for the whole happy hour stint. Drink wise offering was wine, prosecco, beer, spirits. Dips, cheese, bread etc plus cold canapes of bruscetta and salmon starlets, hot canapes of gnocchi in sauce or chicken wings. Everything was topped up regularly especially for the 1st hour when most tables were taken. More than enough for a dinner. Had some very nice cocktails in the lobby bar too. Breakfast was ok , the main issue was that it was quite busy and with the increasing COVID concerns I didn't find it terribly relaxing. Overall I was really impressed and I like the location. Hopefully I shall be back soon

Last edited by DrAJ; Dec 19, 2021 at 3:44 pm Reason: Typo
Old Dec 20, 2021, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by DrAJ
Thought I'd update the thread as I stayed here last night. I was impressed. I've not long been diamond thanks to the lower thresholds this year. No pre stay email/app notification of upgrade but was upgraded from standard king to exec king about 48hours out. Nice enough welcome at the desk. Allocated room 1210. Top floor - had London not been covered in fog this would have had views of the shard and st Paul's in the distance. I thought the room was plenty big enough. Nice bathroom with walk in shower and a bath. Got to the lounge about 1810pm, mostly out of curiosity and ended up staying for the whole happy hour stint. Drink wise offering was wine, prosecco, beer, spirits. Dips, cheese, bread etc plus cold canapes of bruscetta and salmon starlets, hot canapes of gnocchi in sauce or chicken wings. Everything was topped up regularly especially for the 1st hour when most tables were taken. More than enough for a dinner. Had some very nice cocktails in the lobby bar too. Breakfast was ok , the main issue was that it was quite busy and with the increasing COVID concerns I didn't find it terribly relaxing. Overall I was really impressed and I like the location. Hopefully I shall be back soon
Thanks for coming back with an update, I quite like it here , I last stayed just before covid hit and enjoyed it , would definitely stay again sometime.
DrAJ likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Its usually really keenly priced too.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by DrAJ
Its usually really keenly priced too.
Yes I’ve noticed that, in some ways I prefer it to Bankside, I love the executive lounge terrace, the lounge itself is pretty decent too…… if only it had a spa it would be almost perfect.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
According to TA the lounge is restricted. Not back to pre-covid yet.

Reply from the hotel was a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone know any more?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by wizla
Yes I’ve noticed that, in some ways I prefer it to Bankside, I love the executive lounge terrace, the lounge itself is pretty decent too…… if only it had a spa it would be almost perfect.
Ahh... I have been wanting to get a list of hotels whose lounges have outside areas. I will add this to my list.
wizla likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by xooz
Ahh... I have been wanting to get a list of hotels whose lounges have outside areas. I will add this to my list.
Add Hilton Wembley, Hilton Barcelona Diagnol Mar and Hilton Antwerp too.
xooz likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 10:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Here currently.

Originally given a room on the 11th floor with a view of the shard.

Then told that someone was in that room and moved to the 9th facing the city. No idea if that was an executive room.

Then moved back to 11th with just about a view of the shard.

Terrace is rented out to a company so no access. Everyone in the lounge.

Room is fine with a bath and separate shower. Window opens slightly so fresh air if required.

Given a welcome gift of a small bottle of red wine and some popcorn.

Coupons for breakfast.
wizla likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Surprised that they allow young children into the lounge with alcohol.

However very good spread but no indication what anything is. Haha!
wizla and Winniesbestfriend like this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 1:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Enjoying a drink at 30 degrees on the terrace
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GentleGiant

Enjoying a drink at 30 degrees on the terrace
Weird, doesn't look like it's freezing???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.