Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Tower Bridge {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2023, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by hugolover
I continue to be impressed with this hotel. The soft product is fantastic. It might be the best Hilton in London in that regard.

Rooms are shower and separate bath. Coffee machine. Also, they're nice and quiet. In my room there was a 750ml bottle of Prosecco, 187ml red wine plus vouchers for cocktails at the bar.

Lounge is great, and the terrace is a fantastic feature. We were lucky with the weather and could enjoy the sunshine. Food is of a higher quality and in addition to the small plates shown there was also a soup. I appreciate the Roku Gin and the Franklin tonic. Afternoon tea features sandwiches... a true wow moment, given how basic the brand standard is these days.

There was also Asahi beer in addition to Stella, Becks and a Cider. On another visit the Asahi was gone.

The corner suites seem to be just allocated/sold by the hotel directly as they don't show on the booking system at all.
What was your nightly rate?
Old Jul 16, 2023, 6:11 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
Looks good, but what is it?
I’ve explained it/during my trip report in post 589
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 1:47 pm
Original Member

Programs: HHonors Diamond
This is the 6th different London Hilton I have stayed at over the past 6 years and top to bottom was the best. I stayed 6 nights the second week of December on an average nightly rate of £300. I'm a diamond and was upgraded from standard King to Executive King floor 11. A majority of the previous comments from WIZLA still apply (although Asahi was not available). Also there is a new Guest Relations Manager who just started in the fall. The Executive Lounge is part of his responsibility. He was very visible showing up many nights chatting at the happy hour and giving out his card.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by matthewcr
This is the 6th different London Hilton I have stayed at over the past 6 years and top to bottom was the best. I stayed 6 nights the second week of December on an average nightly rate of £300. I'm a diamond and was upgraded from standard King to Executive King floor 11. A majority of the previous comments from WIZLA still apply (although Asahi was not available). Also there is a new Guest Relations Manager who just started in the fall. The Executive Lounge is part of his responsibility. He was very visible showing up many nights chatting at the happy hour and giving out his card.
I enjoy this hotel, however the nightly rate means that it is far cheaper to stay at Heathrow and get the Elizabeth line to this part of town.

Nice lounge.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 4:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
I enjoy this hotel, however the nightly rate means that it is far cheaper to stay at Heathrow and get the Elizabeth line to this part of town.

Nice lounge.
As long as the Elizabeth line is running. Was down significantly a couple times (planned) during my stay. Fortunately, not during the times I used to and from Heathrow.

I stayed at T5 last year, never have to do that again. Seemed very run down and the lounge was nothing special. Had a good breakfast though in the restaurant.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 2:27 am

I’m here Friday night , no particular reason just on a jolly with an old friend of mine…… should arrive late morning, check in ( hopefully) and wander around London for the day….. will be back late afternoon and evening in the executive lounge followed by perhaps meal downstairs…… will do the usual live reporting for you folks!
hugolover likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 11:23 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
I’m here Friday night , no particular reason just on a jolly with an old friend of mine…… should arrive late morning, check in ( hopefully) and wander around London for the day….. will be back late afternoon and evening in the executive lounge followed by perhaps meal downstairs…… will do the usual live reporting for you folks!
Back in Blighty eh
Old Mar 7, 2024, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Back in Blighty eh
Yep back in jolly ole London…… first thing I notice is the price difference!!!

Anyway…..pre upgraded to a twin executive room!
Old Mar 8, 2024, 9:13 am

Arrived 11am, parked in Canary Wharf, easy 16 ride on the jubilee line.
Room not ready so concierge held cases whilst we went for a wander around Camden Town.
Returned just now 3-45pm to a swift check in and room on 9th floor along from Executive Lounge.

TWIN EXECUTIVE ROOM - two huge singles ( almost doubles ) , it’s nice , not huge but moderately sized , two robes two pairs of slippers…all good.

BATHROOM - bathtub , separate shower , usual toiletries plus mouthwash.

Now in executive lounge, afternoon tea is a little poor to be honest, chicken sandwiches, cheese sandwiches, lemon slice and cream / Branson pickle! Scones……. Yes somebody obviously mistook branston pickle for jam!….yuk.
Usual tea coffee and soft drinks available and some snacks.

Will be back here after a soak in the bath for happy hour…..will report back!
Old Mar 8, 2024, 10:12 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
At least they still have afternoon tea!! Enjoy happy hour.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
At least they still have afternoon tea!! Enjoy happy hour.
Yes, fair comment….. a lot of places no longer do….. to be fair when I was about to go back to my room they replenished the carousel with some nice looking strawberry tartlets and various other sweet treats , didn’t indulge but looked good.

BATH - I don’t normally use hotel baths as I prefer to shower especially after a sauna ( if available) however today I fancied a soak in the bath, I’ve got to say the baths here are fairly large ( I’m an average sized guy @ 5ft 10 ) and the Crabtree and Evelyn shower gel makes a reasonable bubble bath……definitely better than many hotel baths I’ve used.

Off to the lounge shortly…..will report back!
Old Mar 8, 2024, 11:13 am

EXECUTIVE LOUNGE - just arrived, it’s already half full with mainly business folk, nice spread ( I got some photos for you guys ) and nice vibe so far.

BEERS - Stella and becks

WINE - red , white and a nice prosseco.

CANAPÉS - lamb kofta with beans and rice, chicken with rice, soup , salad and crudités…. Some desserts too, chocolate looking cakes.

SPIRTS - balletines whisky, , Havana club, Bombay gin , vodka, think I saw some rum.

Nice spread and selection…nice vibe too and it’s slowly getting fuller…..will report back later!
Winniesbestfriend likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 12:12 pm

Ok…we are half way through happy hour…… lounge remains busy with folk coming and going but not packed maintaining the nice vibe….food and drinks topped up proactively and staff on the ball, friendly too…..was asked room number so great that they check.
Will report back!
Winniesbestfriend likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 7:00 am

Great evening in the lounge last night, busy but nice atmosphere and no bad behaviour.
Wasn’t hungry enough for dinner downstairs so we jumped in a cab to south bank and had some street food whilst watching the skateboarders ( I used to skate here in my youth ) .
Returned to hotel at 11 -30 pm, bar was buzzing as we walked through to the lifts.
Slept very well , bed very comfortable and air conditioned was perfect, no noise no issues, nothing.
Did notice the mini bar is complimentary but only one beer and two cokes inside, also complimentary half bottle of red wine on side too which I forgot to mention.

BREAKFAST - was fairly busy, nice selection, didn’t have much just grapefruit, musli and toast., my friend had some hot food and it looked good, egg chef available for omelettes.
Was given vouchers for breakfast at check in for this…..yep …nice breakfast…..finished with coffee in executive lounge which was quiet.

CHECK OUT - done online @ 9:45am, left keys in room and left.

CONCLUSION - absolutely great stay, no issues whatsoever…… Will recommend and definitely return, if only it had a sauna it would be perfection.

ROOM NO - 907

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hampton by Hilton Corby ( 23 / 3 / 24 )
treppenlaeufer likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:19 pm

Here now as a US-based Diamond. I was very much looking forward to this stay as the comments on here have been generally very positive insofar as it being a good property for business travelers. Sad to say so far I’m incredibly disappointed.

Arrived at 3 PM and was promptly checked in and given a one level upgrade to “Deluxe” from a base level room (company policy). Overnight noticed both the soap and shower gel were empty, and the air conditioning was not working. Reported both upon leaving for the day and neither one was addressed. Not long after I returned to the room in the afternoon from meetings, a head housekeeper knocked to ascertain if the room had been cleaned. When I explained the situation she apologized profusely and quickly replaced the soap bottles.

Breakfast was “OK” … on par with other Hilton breakfasts I’ve had in the London area. The juice was warm like it had been stored next to the oven. I was there early but a sign was posted warning of extensive queues later in the morning.

Now the real kicker…executive lounge during the evening service was a zoo. Not an empty seat to be found, noisy large groups camped out, dirty plates and glasses stacked everywhere. Reminded me of a Delta Sky Club these days :-) . Or maybe what Hilton Canary Wharf seems to have become. I took one look at the environment, turned around and left. Contemplated ordering food from the restaurant but given the service failures decided to go out
for dinner—plenty of great places nearby.

Based on the reviews here this does seem uncharacteristic of this property. I’d normally be
tempted to move hotels but given every place has their bad days and the hassle of moving I’m inclined to stick it out and see if it improves. But based on what I have experienced so far, I will not return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.