Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Tower Bridge {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader

I can't give you a definitive answer here wizla since I don't pay attention to this, as a non-drinker. I dug out a shot of the drinks selection that I took a few years ago - based on which the answer is 'no' ... but this may not reflect the current situation. Hopefully somebody will be able to give you a more up-to-date answer.

I think the bankside switch is not a bad one if it suits in terms of price/location. I definitely like bankside, but the evening food in the lounge and breakfast in Jamie's are strengths in TB. Plus (very) early check-in is often easily obtained at TB which can also be handy.
Hey thanks....... yeah I rarely drink spirits too but the guy I'm traveling with is a big jd fan, however I see red label there, I'm sure that will suffice.
The switch was done with some consideration, mainly thanks to your reports and myself missing the stays there with all the Bankside fame........ pluses are the lounge hours suit better and the outside terrace , minuses are no pool or valet parking......will see but strangely looking forward to staying here.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SW A-List Preferred
Had a five night stay here last weekend into early this week. As others have stated, this is a great property. We stayed here early last year and it was an easy choice to come back. As a Diamond on a points stay, we were upgraded from the base room to a room on one of the executive levels (10th floor). The rooms are a great size (especially as we had just come from the Paris Opera which has rooms the size of a half bathroom in your house), the staff are kind and courteous, the lounge is well-stocked for dinner (the bar pic above is still accurate for liquor - beer is Stella and Heineken). Jamie's for dinner is an easy choice if you aren't sure where else to go. Borough Market is closed on Sunday, but has great food choices every other day (Saturdays are obviously packed). Definitely a property that is on the "will absolutely go back" list.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Tip: turn the other way and go to Bermondsey Street and/or Maltby Street market instead.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I stay here and the doubletree towers bridge frequently. The Hilton rooms are much larger, and the patio on the club is nice. They do have a better TV selection then the Doubletree.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:35 pm

I’m here this coming Friday , booked twin guest room for myself and a mate......no particular reason just a jolly .
Should arrive around 11am, then after a poke around the area should be back to sample afternoon tea, the gym and happy hour in the executive lounge.
I’ve not stayed here for a couple of years so I’m looking forward too revisiting, the hotel has no pool or sauna so hopefully I can source a local one in the area......will see and will report back!
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
I’m here this coming Friday , booked twin guest room for myself and a mate......no particular reason just a jolly .
Should arrive around 11am, then after a poke around the area should be back to sample afternoon tea, the gym and happy hour in the executive lounge.
I’ve not stayed here for a couple of years so I’m looking forward too revisiting, the hotel has no pool or sauna so hopefully I can source a local one in the area......will see and will report back!
Pre upgraded from twin guest room to twin executive room 2 days before stay, that’s a good start.....should arrive around lunchtime Friday.......will report back!
MoodyB likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by troyintn
I stay here and the doubletree towers bridge frequently. The Hilton rooms are much larger, and the patio on the club is nice. They do have a better TV selection then the Doubletree.
This is possibly because the Doubletree Rooms are very small, I wouldn't say that normal Tower Bridge Rooms are exceptionally spacious just better than the Doubletree. The Hilton Bankside has by far the best rooms overall.
wizla likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Pre upgraded from twin guest room to twin executive room 2 days before stay, that’s a good start.....should arrive around lunchtime Friday.......will report back!
Enjoy your stay. I'm a fan of this property and the surrounding area. If you haven't already checked it out, the George Inn down the road. Supposedly both Shakespeare and Dickens have been customers.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Enjoy your stay. I'm a fan of this property and the surrounding area. If you haven't already checked it out, the George Inn down the road. Supposedly both Shakespeare and Dickens have been customers.
Thanks, yeah I’m looking forward to it, I’ve been on tour and need a little break with a good friend of mine......we are just gonna relax and have a few beers in the lounge and then head over to the comedy store.......that said, I wouldn’t rule out a little trip to the pubs you mentioned too.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:44 am

Arrived 11-30am, tried for OLCI to secure room on top floor but website issues , however FD found me a room on 10th floor available for immediate check in.
Twin executive room, reasonable view , windows do open 6 inches.

BEDROOM - seems comfy , everything works and is spotless not huge , not small........ two robes.

BATHROOM- again mid sized, large bath, separate shower....all clean and tidy.

Now in lounge for afternoon tea although I’m not indulging..

SANDWICHES - none

DESERTS - no scones but some finger cakes.....quite poor to be honest

Lounge is very quiet, not seen any staff yet...... will have a look at gym and try for photos for you guys, then bath and back to lunge for happy hour tonight......will report back!
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:18 pm

...... didn’t get time to use gym but I did get a chance to soak in the bath, deep and no shortage of hot water.
Now in lounge, again quiet.....maybe 6 people in here but it is early. ...nice vibe

CANAPÉS - various bruschetta, carrot soup, chicken and lentils with capers, cheeseboard ( no crackers or grapes ) some breads.

BEERS - Stella and kronnenberg

WINE - red , white and cava ( very nice! )

SPIRITS - vodka, whisky, gin and Havana club

There is the desserts f on earlier still out.

Will report back!
Attached Images     
MoodyB and Winniesbestfriend like this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:20 pm

ROOM - twin executive room .
Attached Images      
MoodyB and Winniesbestfriend like this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:56 pm

Ok....... so we are half way through happy hour....... wonderful evening, service impeccable, they keep coming around and topping up my cava and the food and drink have been delicious and not ran out, also it’s a really nice crowd in here, it’s two thirds full and it’s jolly but not noisy....... people have pretty much come and gone all evening, got chatting to a couple of diamonds, pleasant vibe.

Plan is to go to the comedy store up Leicester Square later and catch the late show.......happy hour is 6-9pm and I think that’s generous, this lounge reminds me of Canary Wharf a few years back with great service and smiles....refreshing enjoyable!
Will report back!

Edit- forget to mention, lounge outside terrace closed due to high winds.
MoodyB likes this.

Last edited by wizla; Mar 15, 2019 at 2:07 pm
Old Mar 16, 2019, 2:46 am

Ok....... so we are half way through happy hour....... wonderful evening, service impeccable, they keep coming around and topping up my cava and the food and drink have been delicious and not ran out, also it’s a really nice crowd in here, it’s two thirds full and it’s jolly but not noisy....... people have pretty much come and gone all evening, got chatting to a couple of diamonds, pleasant vibe.

Plan is to go to the comedy store up Leicester Square later and catch the late show.......happy hour is 6-9pm and I think that’s generous, this lounge reminds me of Canary Wharf a few years back with great service and smiles....refreshing enjoyable!
Will report back!

Edit- forget to mention, lounge outside terrace closed due to high winds.
Great times!...... we was last to leave the lounge last night at 9-45 ( it’s open until 10pm) ........got back to hotel @ 1-45am , bar was still open but we retired.
Very comfy bed, slept well.......this morning I will hit the gym and then breakfast in Jamie’s......will report back!
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:16 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Great times!...... we was last to leave the lounge last night at 9-45 ( it’s open until 10pm) ........got back to hotel @ 1-45am , bar was still open but we retired.
Very comfy bed, slept well.......this morning I will hit the gym and then breakfast in Jamie’s......will report back!
Glad to hear you're having a good stay at TB, wizla. As you know (cos I keep saying so...) it is one of my London favourites. Although the lounge is less high end than Bankside, with less 'fancy' food items, TB is a more 'sensible' lounge that gets a lot of stuff just right.

Hope you have a good brekkie at Jamie's. I'd recommend the Pukkolla and an omelette!
wizla likes this.

Last edited by diamond club freeloader; Mar 16, 2019 at 10:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.