Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Tower Bridge {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
Glad to hear you're having a good stay at TB, wizla. As you know (cos I keep saying so...) it is one of my London favourites. Although the lounge is less highness than Bankside, with less 'fancy' food items, TB is a more 'sensible' lounge that gets a lot of stuff just right.

Hope you have a good brekkie at Jamie's. I'd recommend the Pukkolla and an omelette!
Absolutely spot on there with your comments, that’s exactly what this place is as in very sensible and everything works.
There was not one single issue during my 24hours here, I like this place equally to Bankside, if it had a sauna it would take the crown!

Popped in lounge to get an espresso on my way to gym ( take away cups available) .....the breakfast spread looked good.

GYM- this is fairly decent, two treadmill, two cross trainers , two watt bikes..... there’s free weights and a pulley rack.....all the equipment looked new
Would have got pictures but there was another guy present .

BREAKFAST- this was very tasty if a little chaotic......it was busy and noisy, I took DCF advice and had the pukkolla followed by an omelette and then to the lounge for coffee and toast/honey to finish
The omelettes are very nice , I also sampled a small bowl of granola, this tastes similar to Bankside in my opinion but not quite as rich.........big queues at coffee machines downstairs hence bailed to lounge.

Checked out at 11-15 swiftly and I’m on my way......I should mention that parking is available at q park tower bridge , it’s £26 for 24 hours, £5 per hour after, it’s secure and a 11 min walk from hotel along the river.

CONCLUSION - perfect stay!.......if I was being extremely picky it’s a shame the outside terrace was closed due to high wind, but that’s totally understandable.
The lounge was very enjoyable and I feel quite generous with food and hours.
Absolutely will return!

ROOM NO - 1004

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Doubletree by Hilton Greenwich ( 20 - 3 - 19 )
cutnana, teemuflyer and MoodyB like this.
Old May 21, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
After the collapse of the Jamie Oliver restaurants this afternoon what will this hotel do breakfast wise? Never stay here myself, but I know it’s a popular choice for some of you and enjoy the breakfast here.
MoodyB likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
After the collapse of the Jamie Oliver restaurants this afternoon what will this hotel do breakfast wise? Never stay here myself, but I know it’s a popular choice for some of you and enjoy the breakfast here.
When I first read your post I thought the physical restaurant inside the hotel collapsed, not a financial collapse of the chain(s)!

I'd imagine the hotel group owning this location will work fast to secure the restaurant space under another name and hire the staff to continue operations. Or the whole thing could have been a branding thing anyway, so just take away Jamie Oliver and move on..
Old May 21, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
When I first read your post I thought the physical restaurant inside the hotel collapsed, not a financial collapse of the chain(s)!

I'd imagine the hotel group owning this location will work fast to secure the restaurant space under another name and hire the staff to continue operations. Or the whole thing could have been a branding thing anyway, so just take away Jamie Oliver and move on..
lol sorry!! Should have made that clear. I’m sure they’ll be searching for a sollution, which might not be easy short term.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 4:45 pm

The Trafalgar London, Hilton Towrbrige or the Waldorf

Hi all, I’m in London for one weekend night. I’m thinking of the Trafalgar, Hilton towerbrige or the Waldorf. This is my friend’s first time in London and I wants to be in a nice central area. I’m a diamond member using a weekend certificate. Any suggestions?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by joesph
Hi all, I’m in London for one weekend night. I’m thinking of the Trafalgar, Hilton towerbrige or the Waldorf. This is my friend’s first time in London and I wants to be in a nice central area. I’m a diamond member using a weekend certificate. Any suggestions?
When you say central, the options are narrowed down to Trafalgar and Waldorf. Waldorf has an Executive Lounge and is near Covent Garden, the Trafalgar doesn't, but is closer to Piccadilly and Leicester Square, but in the end they are close enough that it shouldn't matter. Towerbridge is a nice hotel, but further away from what most people consider "central" London..
MoodyB likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:37 pm

When you say central, the options are narrowed down to Trafalgar and Waldorf. Waldorf has an Executive Lounge and is near Covent Garden, the Trafalgar doesn't, but is closer to Piccadilly and Leicester Square, but in the end they are close enough that it shouldn't matter. Towerbridge is a nice hotel, but further away from what most people consider "central" London..
thanks a lot for the reply. If you choose between towerbridge or the Waldorf, which one would you choose? I’m looking for a nice hotel to use the certificate and maximize value. Something I wouldn’t necessarily pay for. I hear the Waldorf has a small lounge unlike the tower bridge.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:51 am

thanks a lot for the reply. If you choose between towerbridge or the Waldorf, which one would you choose? I’m looking for a nice hotel to use the certificate and maximize value. Something I wouldn’t necessarily pay for. I hear the Waldorf has a small lounge unlike the tower bridge.
Hmmmm.....I would definitely choose the Waldorf over tower bridge if location is key.....the lounges are roughly the same size but TB lounge does have an outside terrace which is lovely in the summer.
That said, Waldorf has a great spa too for relaxing in after a day in London and location is absolutely great....Waldorf is more classy but TB is more modern........I would still choose the Waldorf.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by wizla
Hmmmm.....I would definitely choose the Waldorf over tower bridge if location is key.....the lounges are roughly the same size but TB lounge does have an outside terrace which is lovely in the summer.
That said, Waldorf has a great spa too for relaxing in after a day in London and location is absolutely great....Waldorf is more classy but TB is more modern........I would still choose the Waldorf.
The rooms at the Waldorf can be quite noisy due to its location in a busy traffic area, although the Trafalgar is worse. Tower Bridge is generally quieter. Did you not consider The Conrad St James?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:12 am

I'm with wizla on this if location is key, plus lounge access, especially for a one night stay.

Wouldn't dare to disagree with you..

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
The rooms at the Waldorf can be quite noisy due to its location in a busy traffic area, although the Trafalgar is worse. Tower Bridge is generally quieter. Did you not consider The Conrad St James?
I think the Conrad might be a good option for a longer stay, but if you just want to pop out of the front door, and be within minutes of the action, it's probably not the best option. Now for site seeing and general high end services, it's a winner,
NoY and wizla like this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
London doesn't really have a centre as such, it is a collection of centres each with a slightly different vibe. In the week you might even describe Bankside as being a relatively central location.

I tend to take the view that you will always need to travel beyond the area you stay wherever you stay in London, so its really about the sort of vibe you want immediately around you.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 7:16 am

London doesn't really have a centre as such, it is a collection of centres each with a slightly different vibe. In the week you might even describe Bankside as being a relatively central location.

I tend to take the view that you will always need to travel beyond the area you stay wherever you stay in London, so its really about the sort of vibe you want immediately around you.
Don't disagree, but for most visitors the areas I mentioned are what they perceive as central just as Times Square is for NYC. I wholly recommend venturing out of those areas, into various neighborhoods that offer their own unique experience to absorb and enjoy.
NoY likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:52 pm

Actually.....you have a good point there, when people talk about the centre as such I always assume Trafalgar Square, Oxford Street and Covent Garden and perhaps Leicester Square, but I could write paragraphs of facts on London’s hidden gems, even the not so hidden gems and there is always a Hilton nearby, however Joesph did stipulate it was between the three Hilton’s he/she mentioned, the trafalgar I’ve not stayed, I’ve been in for a coffee but I can’t comment on the rooms, the Waldorf is my personal favourite and Hilton TB is in my opinion a great hotel too but if location is king it’s the Waldorf.

Last edited by wizla; Jun 19, 2019 at 12:53 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:59 pm

I'm with wizla on this if location is key, plus lounge access, especially for a one night stay.

Wouldn't dare to disagree with you..

I think the Conrad might be a good option for a longer stay, but if you just want to pop out of the front door, and be within minutes of the action, it's probably not the best option. Now for site seeing and general high end services, it's a winner,
Absolutely spot on!....... I couldn’t have wrote that better!
Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:17 pm

Actually.....you have a good point there, when people talk about the centre as such I always assume Trafalgar Square, Oxford Street and Covent Garden and perhaps Leicester Square, but I could write paragraphs of facts on London’s hidden gems, even the not so hidden gems and there is always a Hilton nearby, however Joesph did stipulate it was between the three Hilton’s he/she mentioned, the trafalgar I’ve not stayed, I’ve been in for a coffee but I can’t comment on the rooms, the Waldorf is my personal favourite and Hilton TB is in my opinion a great hotel too but if location is king it’s the Waldorf.
how about park lane? Compared to Waldorf ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.