Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Tower Bridge {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:16 am

Programs: HHonors
Stayed here last night and had breakfast at the new "Jamie's Italian Jamie's Italian, London Bridge" at er, Hilton London Tower Bridge. As Diamond, you still have the choice of having breakfast in the lounge or restaurant.

The quality of the buffet food seemed better for example the hash browns and black pudding were more "home made" style than the usual. But the selection is smaller - 3 types of bread, but no rolls or bagels; no porridge; limited choice of meat and fruit.
Plus despite it being an Italian restaurant, no Nutella!!

The old Hilton buffet used to be very good at TB although like everything at TB, it had declined over the last few years. I'm not keen on the new breakfast so will go back to the lounge or return to Canary Wharf.

Also - the afternoon tea in the lounge seems to have changed again. Now in addition to the 4 jars of snacks, they had a dessert - yesterday it was a pear tart.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 10:09 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by alounger
Stayed here last night and had breakfast at the new "Jamie's Italian Jamie's Italian, London Bridge" at er, Hilton London Tower Bridge. As Diamond, you still have the choice of having breakfast in the lounge or restaurant.

The quality of the buffet food seemed better for example the hash browns and black pudding were more "home made" style than the usual. But the selection is smaller - 3 types of bread, but no rolls or bagels; no porridge; limited choice of meat and fruit.
Plus despite it being an Italian restaurant, no Nutella!!

The old Hilton buffet used to be very good at TB although like everything at TB, it had declined over the last few years. I'm not keen on the new breakfast so will go back to the lounge or return to Canary Wharf.

Also - the afternoon tea in the lounge seems to have changed again. Now in addition to the 4 jars of snacks, they had a dessert - yesterday it was a pear tart.
Welcome to FT and the HHonors forum alounger ^ (although it sounds like you have been reading and lurking here for a while?)

Great to have your feedback on the new Jamie Italian in the hotel, thanks for posting, hope you stick around and contribute more across FT.

I'll use this opportunity to add my 2 p as well from a recent Sat. night stay.

This used to be one of my favourites in London but I have to say it has really gone downhill in the lounge and restaurant offerings lately so that we wouldn't stay here unless there was a really good rate or sale now.

The room was good and we received an upgrade from lowest category to exec room ^ (cash and points stay).

Unfortunately the lounge offerings and staff were very poor and if this had been my first stay here, well, I wouldn't be back. They can't check you in at the lounge any longer I am told, they didn't have any glasses or mugs out and when we asked if there were any available the surly staffer simply said no!

The next morning, the breakfast in the makeshift room was not anywhere near as good as the breakfast was in the old restaurant and the offerings were also very basic unfortunately.

So, a nice room, some good staff but incredibly poor exec lounge offering and staff along with a mediocre breakfast mean we'll look elsewhere if the Conrad is not available.

Shame, hope this improves in the future.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 10:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
The lounge staff has gone right downhill in skill/professionalism, I also observed this on a recent 2night stay. Highlight was the absolute chaos for exec lounge breakfast.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:11 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
I have a stay booked here in July because I'm doing a gig in Peckham , sounds like it might be worth changing my plans?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
I stayed there at the beginning of the week too. The Jamie's Italian decor is more bistro and less Hilton restaurant. It looks a bit more interesting, but it's not quite as comfortable.

On the food, they have less of some things, but there are also new things. I noticed bubble and squeak and kedgeree, which was a welcome change. I'm not sure I can really say it was better or worse, just different.

Lounge: they don't appear to do afternoon tea anymore. But the evening drinks and food are better than average 'these days', but not good as they once were.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:43 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by wizla
I have a stay booked here in July because I'm doing a gig in Peckham , sounds like it might be worth changing my plans?
Well, for the record, we didn't try the lounge in the evening as we were out, and Jamie's wasn't in place yet for breakfast, only the makeshift interim room.

Hope you have a good stay wherever you stay ^
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by BotB
Well, for the record, we didn't try the lounge in the evening as we were out, and Jamie's wasn't in place yet for breakfast, only the makeshift interim room.

Hope you have a good stay wherever you stay ^
Thanks mate, yep...it's the closest hilton to the venue Im at in Peckham ......I guess there's always hilton docklands or doubletree tower bridge.....will see
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
The 5* Hilton Bankside, in walkable distance to Hilton TB, has started hiring staff for a summer 2015 opening. Maybe that nearby competition will motivate the Hilton TB to get back to excellence.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
The 5* Hilton Bankside, in walkable distance to Hilton TB, has started hiring staff for a summer 2015 opening. Maybe that nearby competition will motivate the Hilton TB to get back to excellence.
Hilton bankside?.......not heard of this?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
New one: http://www.londontown.com/LondonInfo...uthbank/f5396/
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer

I put in dates in August, Dec., and even next March 2016 in the Hilton reservation page, and no Bankside is listed. If they are hiring now, I wonder why they are not listing the hotel.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 10:53 am

Arrived here at 3pm after using Eurostar back from Paris ........preupgraded to exec and done OLCI on the train around 11am.....guess what, yep- room not ready......they gave me another exec room 2 doors up ( room 905)........popped into lounge for tea, they no longer do full afternoon tea here!.......just some Doritos and wasabi peas...booooooo!.
Went for a walk along thames , now gonna shower and go to lounge for a glass of cava.....will report back!
Old Aug 12, 2015, 1:59 am

Lounge was half full, canapés were slightly disappointing....... Onion bahjis , duck spring rolls and veg samosas.......cheeseboard had no crackers! , just oat bread.....and tuna bruschetta .
Beers - Stella Artois , kronenberg 1664 .....red wine, white wine and cava.
We sat on the outside terrace most of the night as the weather was beautiful .
Slept very well.......breakfast was amazing!......the new Jamie Oliver breakfast room here rocks!......I think that was the tastiest breakfast I've ever had Ever!.......great service too!
Checked out around 11 am very swift......there is no car park here so I parked at q- park shad thames ( 10 min walk away)....... I parked at 14-45 and left at 16-30 the next day....it cost £32..... Hope this helps?

Last edited by wizla; Aug 12, 2015 at 2:00 am Reason: wrong time on parking
Old Aug 12, 2015, 2:53 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Thanks for the review wizla ^

Glad to hear the new restaurant is very good and that breakfast is still a very good bonus at this hotel...

safe travels.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by BotB
Thanks for the review wizla ^

Glad to hear the new restaurant is very good and that breakfast is still a very good bonus at this hotel...

safe travels.
Thanks mate, yeah it was good, still prefer Canary Wharf but trust me that breakfast at tower bridge was premier league!......hope you well mate!.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.