Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Tower Bridge {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2013, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA Platinum HH Diamond
Stayed here for a 2 night weekend stay recently.

I am HH Gold and was pre upgraded to an Executive room. The hotel is well located although not bang in the centre of London, however most places are within easy reach from the close by London Bridge tube station.

When I arrived I was informed I was pre-upgraded to an exec room. I tried my luck trying to check in at 10am however no rooms were available. I left my bag with the concierge and went for a coffee. The staff are OK, I've had better and worse experiences.

The room is perfectly fine and the club sandwich I ordered from room service was nice if a little expensive. The exec lounge is great. All day there were snacks and soft drinks, coffee, water and a few beers. Then from 6-9 there is a nice service with spirits, wine, cava, beer, hot canapés, cold cuts, salads and the like. A really great lounge that is probably worth paying for if you didn't get upgraded.

There was one incident that somewhat soured me. After a night out I decided to have a cocktail in the bar. It was about 12:30am. I ordered a mojito, which was tiny, and it cost me £11. No problem. I then asked for a little bowel of nuts or nibbles. They got me some, and when the bill came I was charged £3 for them. I thought it was incredibly poor form, and they removed it when I made my feelings known.

Other than this, the stay was excellent and I will be staying there again.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 7:11 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Hilton Tower Bridge

Does anyone have the email address of the Hilton London Tower Bridge?

Thank you

Last edited by elkhornne; Oct 10, 2013 at 7:23 am
Old Oct 10, 2013, 4:20 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by elkhornne

Thank you
Try: [email protected]
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by elkhornne

Thank you
Sven Goosen is the GM there. I emailed him in August prior to my arrival and he helped me out greatly. His email is: [email protected]

-Justin
Old Oct 11, 2013, 5:19 am

Thank you very much.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by patter98
Sven Goosen is the GM there. I emailed him in August prior to my arrival and he helped me out greatly. His email is: [email protected]

-Justin
I had a response within 5 minutes. Excellent, ^ Thank you again.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:13 am

Programs: IHG Gold
I stayed here last Saturday with my wife. I'd booked a Standard room under the Public Sector discount (my wife works for the NHS). On checking in online in the morning, I could pick from several Executive rooms, including some on the top floor (which I did - room 1210). The room itself didn't seem that different from regular rooms but the view was amazing - St Pauls, the Gherkin, the Shard, all visible.
We just poked our heads into the lounge, it seemed nice enough, though we didn't get a drink as we had a dinner reservation at the nearby Gaucho (excellent steak).
We were offered breakfast in either the lounge or the restaurant, we ate in the restaurant but looked into the lounge, and despite there being no (or not many obvious) hot options, the continental spread was impressive.
Overall, excellent hotel, I'd stay there again in a heartbeat, shame it is above my company hotel allowance.

signol
Old Oct 14, 2013, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by signol
I stayed here last Saturday with my wife. I'd booked a Standard room under the Public Sector discount (my wife works for the NHS). On checking in online in the morning, I could pick from several Executive rooms, including some on the top floor (which I did - room 1210). The room itself didn't seem that different from regular rooms but the view was amazing - St Pauls, the Gherkin, the Shard, all visible.
We just poked our heads into the lounge, it seemed nice enough, though we didn't get a drink as we had a dinner reservation at the nearby Gaucho (excellent steak).
We were offered breakfast in either the lounge or the restaurant, we ate in the restaurant but looked into the lounge, and despite there being no (or not many obvious) hot options, the continental spread was impressive.
Overall, excellent hotel, I'd stay there again in a heartbeat, shame it is above my company hotel allowance.

signol
There are a couple of hot options in the lounge for breakfast, they're just not that obvious from first look!
Old Oct 14, 2013, 6:37 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by signol

signol
nice one mate, I can never seem to do online check- in in the UK..... the system don't let me?......what i normally do is have breakfast in the restaurant ie- musli, full english and juice.....then finish in the lounge with a coffee and danish because the coffee is far superior in the lounge than downstairs
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:06 am

Im in here tonight ....will report back with a review later.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:10 am

Hilton London Tower Bridge

Strange....I'm in the lounge and they are serving alcohol already..its 3pm???
Old Dec 18, 2013, 10:06 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
A couple of remarks from a recent stay.

I had two points+cash bookings on consecutive nights. Check in was relatively easy at early hour of 11 AM. The agent recognised the two stays, made sure I did not have to switch rooms, and took the credit card details, one for the room rate and another for the incidentals. However, when checking out on the third morning, it became evident, that the first stay had been charged entirely from the room rate (company) card without notifying me and the second stay was charged in the opposite way as was desired from "wrong" cards. Isn't there not field on the Hilton computer screen, where this kind of information would be passed from one checking in agent to another checking out agent? What is the rationale of having the credit card details in the Hhonors file, when the cards have to be manually swiped every time? And in many occasions, put to hold for a few hundred monetary units, as if the frequent customer would be fraudulent.

For the second night the lounge was closed for the floor carpeting to be redone. There was an alternative "lounge" downstairs, and after it had been closed, the downstairs bar was to serve some drinks for the exec. loungers. For the most part that went well, the lady bartenders handled it well, but the chap entering the duty later in the evening insisted that the lounge service had ended at 9 PM, while it actually would have carried out until 11 PM. For the couple of Guinness beers consumed, I would have been ready to pay as well instead of arguing about the subject.

All in all. I will find better service from the neighbourhood Hiltons and Doubletrees in the future.

Last edited by TTL; Dec 18, 2013 at 10:18 am
Old Dec 18, 2013, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I don't think it's usual to take payment from two different cards for room rate and incidentals so I'm not surprised that went wrong.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:53 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by stifle
I don't think it's usual to take payment from two different cards for room rate and incidentals so I'm not surprised that went wrong.
You mean splitting a bill at checkout would be unusual? My employer pays the room and I use company credit card for that. For food, drinks, and other incidentals I use my own credit card. Works without complications everywhere else.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Payment at checkout would be fine, I suppose, although it would be unusual to have two cards on file.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.