Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2004, 11:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Were you in the Lagoon tower or the ocean tower to view the whales?
Mom and I were in the Palace tower and ended up every day going out to the sopt where they do the outdoor massages and watching them. We did the boat one afternoon to see them and it was akin to the Perfect Storm! we saw more from the shore!
Old Jan 7, 2004, 3:50 am

Thanksgiving week and the weekend before Hawaii had records waves (15 year high) so you experienced a rarity

I am amazed the boats went out...
Old Jan 7, 2004, 5:06 am

We were in Ocean Towers.
Old Jan 7, 2004, 10:07 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Unhappy

Some other unflatterring reviews here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/008831.html

Last edited by cactuspete; Jun 3, 2004 at 6:47 pm Reason: Sorry - - couldn't locate the new link. :(
Old Jan 11, 2004, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
Hilton Waikoloa Village HWV current thoughts?

Howdy,

We stayed at HWV last year; loved it so much - we're heading back this year.

Just wondering if anyone who has been there recently has any thoughts at all they want to share.

Our party is - 2 rooms, son, wife, myself and teacher (both mother-in-law's couldn't go - so his teacher (2nd grade) happily accepted our offer and is coming with us).

Anyway - thanks in advance for the advice, comments and thoughts. (Yeah - I've done a search and read the recent posts I found - so no need to repeat that information here).

Keep the faith,

Pakse
Old Jan 11, 2004, 2:25 pm

Wife (Commander in Chief ) and I visited the Hilton Wailoloa resort about a month ago. We were staying near Kona did not stay there, so cannot speak for the rooms.
We enjoyed this magnficent property, including the free tram and boat rides around to the various sections of the resort.
We ran out of time, so did not get a chance to visit the Swim with the Dolphins show. From what we were told, you have to reserve in advance for the swim, but hotel guests have priority.
Also, had a nice dinner with a cousin who lives in Kona at the Kona Inn, which is in the center of the town of Kona. It's surrounded by some interesting shops.
BTW, just south of the Kona airport, on the east side of the road, is a Costco store. If you need to gas up before returning your rental car, gas there (members only) is about $.25/gallon less than the surrounding area. Also, they have that great value ; large hot dog and soda for $1.50. No increase from the mainland price
Enjoy!
Old Jan 11, 2004, 8:31 pm

Programs: NW Plat, DL 2 MM Flying Colonel, AA EXP MM, CO,NW,UA, MM, Hilton, Hyatt Diamond, QF Club Lifetime
We stayed there during Christmas. This was
our second visit. The room was right on the ocean, #5081 Ocean Tower. As a Diamond we got
comped on the fridge, comped on valet, and
the Executive Lounge for breakfast and dinner was great. (no more birds, nor bugs)
We love to eat off property, and there are
good places in Waimea, (Edelweis, Koa House, Paniolo). Kona was packed, but there were several good spots. Ocean View Inn was a good
deal. Cheap fare, and you get to eat with the locals. Parking is tough.
Most of the restaurants in the Kings Shops
are overpriced, and food and service was only
fair. The DQ, and Subway are just like on the
mainland. Avoid the chinese food at The Grand Palace. A true misnomer. Chicken with Black Bean sauce was watery, uncooked veggies, and strange parts of the chicken, yuch.
Golf is more fun at Waimea CC, and Makalea. These courses are at 3000 feet. Much cooler, less expensive, and great greens.
We are going back in April. Toss up between Waikoloa, and the Bay club right there at A Bay.
Old Jan 12, 2004, 7:10 am

Programs: HHonors, SPG, UAL - 1P
I too was there over Christmas on an ALON. 6 days wasn't enough to do this place justice. We are planning our next visit now for Christmas 2004.
Old Jan 12, 2004, 7:47 am

bobemac - did they tell you about comped valet and fridge because you are diamond, or could it just have been an error on bill? Also, how was the lounge food? We are going in April and are diamond also. Was the hotel full? Thanks
Old Jan 12, 2004, 8:01 am
cjd

We are also going there in February on an award and was wondering about the parking. When you say it's tough, do you mean there's not enough self-park spaces. I am also diamond - do they give complimentary valet parking to diamonds? Also ,have any diamonds had rooms in the Lagoon Tower overlooking the dolphin lagoon.

------------------
Chris
Old Jan 12, 2004, 8:32 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I am leaving _tonight_ for HWV so would love to get confirmation if valet is complimentary for diamonds.. but if not, I'll find out soon enough
Old Jan 12, 2004, 9:31 am

Programs: NW Plat, DL 2 MM Flying Colonel, AA EXP MM, CO,NW,UA, MM, Hilton, Hyatt Diamond, QF Club Lifetime
Valet parking is a very nice perk. When the
property is full, there is a real scramble for parking. Plus, you have a long walk uphill.Being comped for valet in not a standard perk.It has to be negotiated, and will depend on the kindness/whim of the desk clerk.

Downtown Kona parking is tight, and I was referring to the Ocean View, which has limited parking in back. There is extra parking in the city lots at the top of the hill.
Old Jan 12, 2004, 9:57 am

questions about ALON Stay at HWV

Hi! I will have an ALON 6-night stay at HWV at the end of January. I am a golden member. Since I am new to this forum, could anyone point to me some posts regarding how to upgrade room, which kind room to choose, what kind of amenity I can enjoy?

Thanks so much!
Old Jan 12, 2004, 10:24 am

Programs: HH, NWA
sbbi,

We'll have enough points for a 6 night stay there soon. Have been saving awhile and never used our points before. How exactly do you set up these ALON stays - just call HH and they take care of it? What about the "certificate", is that something they send to you?
Old Jan 12, 2004, 10:48 am

bou hunter,
i got the certificate early 2003 when the deal was still 100K per certificate. yes, you need to call hhonor to request it and u can choose email/paper certificate. then you can make your reservation seperately

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bou hunter:
sbbi,

We'll have enough points for a 6 night stay there soon. Have been saving awhile and never used our points before. How exactly do you set up these ALON stays - just call HH and they take care of it? What about the "certificate", is that something they send to you?
</font>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.