Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.

Moderator notes (do not delete)

Posts older than 2013 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rebelx
Good point. I don't think I chase aspirational properties or flights, btb that's because I'm trying to maximize the number of benefits I can get out of my points or miles. I'm more concerned that down the road, I'll be fisappdisapp atbgsaing the chance to have stayed at the cavalieri and I opted not to for about $120 (cost of Airbnb)
That's why I was hoping to get opinions on whether it's mind blowingly awesome lol
It can be, if you get a higher floor, city view room. Helps to have top status for that using points.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Given that it’s s busy time when I’ll be going, I’m thinking of a Nor1 upgrade. The prices are (per night)

Breakfast for two 50 euros (which I think I get for free),
Deluxe room park view 50 euros
Premium room Rome View 70 euros
Imperial Room 127 euros
imperial Room Rome view 140 euros

Since all the rooms are the same size, I’m thinking of putting in for only the Rome views. I will be eating at the restaurant on night so not sure paying for the Imperial without the view is worth it. I am a Diamond.

Any suggestions? Are the Imperial Room Rome View higher up than the Premium Room Room ?

Last edited by beachfan; Jun 21, 2019 at 4:30 pm
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by beachfan
Given that it’s s busy time when I’ll be going, I’m thinking of a Nor1 upgrade. The prices are (per night)

Breakfast for two 50 euros (which I think I get for free),
Deluxe room park view 50 euros
Premium room Rome View 70 euros
Imperial Room 127 euros
imperial Room Rome view 140 euros

Since all the rooms are the same size, I’m thinking of putting in for only the Rome views. I will be eating at the restaurant on night so not sure paying for the Imperial without the view is worth it. I am a Diamond.

Any suggestions? Are the Imperial Room Rome View higher up than the Premium Room Room ?
The Premium rooms are on floors 5 & 6 while the Imperial Rooms are typically on the 7th floor which is also where the Imperial Lounge is located. I'm not sure if the 8th floor qualifies as Imperial level as I've never stayed on that floor. My second stay last fall was on the 6th floor in a Rome view room which was fine for seeing the city over the tree tops. I agree that paying for Imperial Lounge access without the view is not worth the money. I am also staying a third time this fall at the Cavalieri but have requested the Nor1 Imperial Room Rome View to have access to the food/beverage offerings throughout the day. As a Hilton Diamond, you will have complimentary access to the full breakfast buffet served in L'Uliveto which is on the lower level. The buffet is spread across a few rooms and contains anything you could want for breakfast.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by MsAssertive
The Premium rooms are on floors 5 & 6 while the Imperial Rooms are typically on the 7th floor which is also where the Imperial Lounge is located. I'm not sure if the 8th floor qualifies as Imperial level as I've never stayed on that floor. My second stay last fall was on the 6th floor in a Rome view room which was fine for seeing the city over the tree tops. I agree that paying for Imperial Lounge access without the view is not worth the money. I am also staying a third time this fall at the Cavalieri but have requested the Nor1 Imperial Room Rome View to have access to the food/beverage offerings throughout the day. As a Hilton Diamond, you will have complimentary access to the full breakfast buffet served in L'Uliveto which is on the lower level. The buffet is spread across a few rooms and contains anything you could want for breakfast.
Thanks!
Very helpful.

Given the floors and the included breakfast , and my plans to dine at La Pergola, I’m thinking the premium view room would suffice. But I’d go for the Imperial view as well if it meant a much bigger likelihood of scoring a view. If I could be relatively confident in just the Premium view clearing, I’d just go with that.

Any thoughts on that?

Last edited by beachfan; Jun 22, 2019 at 2:43 am
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:41 pm

Thanks!
Very helpful.

Given the floors and the included breakfast , and my plans to dine at La Pergola, I’m thinking the premium view room would suffice. But I’d go for the Imperial view as well if it meant a much bigger likelihood of scoring a view. If I could be relatively confident in just the Premium view clearing, is go that.

Any thoughts on that?
This was the view from my 6th floor room (King Deluxe Premium Rome View) in September. I can't speak to the views from the 5th floor but if you are placed on the 6th you will be fine. They are selling both 5th & 6th floors as "Premium Rome View" so the view can't be too much less than this. We were on the 7th floor in the fall of 2015 (Imperial) and the biggest benefit as far as view was the access to the full balcony in the Imperial Lounge. It allowed you to have a full sweeping view of Rome which was impressive especially at night.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 6:52 am

This was the view from my 6th floor room (King Deluxe Premium Rome View) in September. I can't speak to the views from the 5th floor but if you are placed on the 6th you will be fine. They are selling both 5th & 6th floors as "Premium Rome View" so the view can't be too much less than this. We were on the 7th floor in the fall of 2015 (Imperial) and the biggest benefit as far as view was the access to the full balcony in the Imperial Lounge. It allowed you to have a full sweeping view of Rome which was impressive especially at night.
I also think the angle of the view depends on if you are right side vs. left side of the hotel facing Rome. I tried to find the pictures, but being on the right side, we actually had view of St. Peters to the far right. We too were on the 6th floor. We did the Imperial Rome View once, not sure I would pay for that again given how little time we spent at the lounge. It was nice, but offerings were nothing above what you find at Asian Conrads.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 9:16 am

I found a picture taken from the balcony of room 753 from our 2015 visit and you can just barely see St Peters to the right. I agree with teemuflyer that if you can book somewhere in the X31/33/35 range of rooms you should have a good view of the Vatican area from your balcony. I had to chuckle when I saw your comment about the Asian Conrads. As an American who has never experienced that level of service I hear you get at the Asian Hilton properties, I was mightily impressed on my visit to the Imperial Lounge. Wonderful staff who kept us supplied with cappuccinos all morning, an endless supply of prosecco, and some of the best bagels and lox I've had outside of NYC. And that was just the morning visits!
teemuflyer and SPBanker like this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 10:47 am

Love great smoked salmon!

I assume that’s also available on the breakfast buffet?

At the Conrad Macao they had Jamon Iberico de Bellota Pata Negra!
Old Jun 22, 2019, 10:56 am

Love great smoked salmon!

I assume that’s also available on the breakfast buffet?

At the Conrad Macao they had Jamon Iberico de Bellota Pata Negra!
What don't they have at the downstairs breakfast buffet? Seriously, a very extensive spread, plus made to order items. The prosecco is kind of hidden on a small table off to the side, but when there's a will..

And yes, still have fond memories of the Jamon.. endless cuts, to go along with some cheese and decent red wine!
Old Jun 22, 2019, 12:37 pm

You guys are killing me! Now I’m going to have to see if there’s any prosciutto and burrata left in my refrigerator while I dream of my next visit to Rome in a few months...
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
You guys are killing me! Now I’m going to have to see if there’s any prosciutto and burrata left in my refrigerator while I dream of my next visit to Rome in a few months...
Will be there in 10 days time. Looking forward to it
MsAssertive likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
It can be, if you get a higher floor, city view room. Helps to have top status for that using points.

Thanks! As I am not diamond, I've opted to do 5 nights at the HGI for the same amount of points. Estimated cost savings is about $120, which arguably, is not that much, but at least I don't have to deal with the hassle of waking up one morning, checking out, going to the new place, checking in, settling in, etc. That's also $120 that I can use towards the private taxi that I will need to hire to get from Naples to Positano, as reviews of the public transportation (train + bus) is pretty negative.
I'm missing out on the awesome breakfast, but I hope I get at least something from HGI lol.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
I'm intrigued by how many people don't understand 'non resident' means you aren't a guest in residence at the hotel.

Prices for the pool are
I believe the question was whether Diamond's get complimentary access to the pool.

If not, then it makes the upgrade fee to the imperial room more attractive as it comes with pool access.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Diamonds get complementary access to the pool and spa.
beachfan likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
I am looking at reservations for either December break or Spring break. I can actually get a lot more bang for buck here than at the Curio property. My husband is concerned with the distance from town and how easily the shuttle works and the time it takes. We have two young teenage boys who are pretty picky eaters (although spaghetti is on their list). I just wonder if this is a good choice for us? The family room is a great option at 107,000 points but it isn't available our dates in December but is in April. Even with it being a premium rate for 5 nights is a good return vs. 640,000 it would cost us for 5 nights in two standard rooms. I also could utilize the $250 resort credit and a free night voucher. But the Curio was silly points, I think it rang up as a million.
Would love some thoughts for family travel at this hotel - I also have been on such a Chase rewards and Hilton roll that my husband said the boys are burnt out on big trips. Sigh...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.