Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.

Moderator notes (do not delete)

Posts older than 2013 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
I'm not surprised families are travelling, just that I would wish that they could ensure that their children were at least behaved reasonably well. Though given the carry on of some of the adults at the breakfast buffet I assume it isn't off the ground the children are picking up the behaviour.

For status levels I feel Hilton really need to start recognizing folks who have head-on-bed nights, and thus actual loyalty, versus those who acquire status merely through credit card sign up. I digress however, this is a discussion for a separate thread.
gav0106 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
Has anyone tried paying a deposit for a stay in advance at this property? We have a March/April stay and I would love to use my $250 resort credit which goes away in February and get the $100 Amex offer which expires in Sept. I was then hoping to use next year's resort credit (we each have $250) when we get there.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by shmom
Has anyone tried paying a deposit for a stay in advance at this property? We have a March/April stay and I would love to use my $250 resort credit which goes away in February and get the $100 Amex offer which expires in Sept. I was then hoping to use next year's resort credit (we each have $250) when we get there.
I have read that will work for international prepaid reservations.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:34 am

Is the taxi rate fixed from FCO to the hotle?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
I think I paid 50 prebooked with Rome Chauffeur + 5 tip. Taxi is going to run you 40ish so the peace of mind was worth the 15 or so extra. Plus it was a big Mercedes E Class.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 10:07 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Visited this property today as a non resident to use a cabana. It is the complete antithesis to the STR. I clearly am not a guest, however my impression was not great.

Arrived and at least 25 guests out the front with the concierge yelling which airlines the transfers were for as they appeared to be grouped together.

The common areas are dated, there was construction from the lobby to the gym/indoor pool all day and the lifts were so busy they were offering guests to use the stairs from -2.

While it has pools, it’s nothing special. The view is if the ugly brick exterior and large communications tower that is higher then the hotel.

On a positive note the staff were good and umbrellas have a built in system to call pool attendants or waitstaff.

I considered booking this property but am really glad I didn’t. The lobby is a zoo while the StR is an oasis of calm and serenity. It’s historic but recently renovated and overall far more luxurious.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:38 pm
JBD

Originally Posted by fgroupgroup
Is the taxi rate fixed from FCO to the hotle?
No, the €48 fixed FCO rate only applies within the Aurelian Walls.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:27 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by m0hamed

I considered booking this property but am really glad I didn’t. The lobby is a zoo while the StR is an oasis of calm and serenity. It’s historic but recently renovated and overall far more luxurious.
A basic room at the Cavalieri regularly goes for 250 Euros per night, prepaid Can the same be said for the St. Regis?
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 7:34 am

We booked a regular deluxe room and were lucky to get an upgrade to 6th floor Rome view. When we booked I thought the view would be nice but we don’t spend enough time in the room to justify paying extra. I was so wrong! The view from the balcony is incredible, amazing, so worth the money. The hotel is quite a way out of town (about 30 minutes on the bus, or a 45-60 minute walk up/down the hill), so we would do a full day of touristing and then come back to relax with a drink on the balcony.

The hotel itself is lovely, but there were lots of little kids so if quiet luxury is what your looking for you might want to go when school is in session.

There are are a few restaurants within walking distance, 10–15 minutes away. There’s also a grocery store to stock up on wine and cheese to enjoy on the balcony! We ended up hiring an airport transfer car (Welcome Pickups) for both directions, since public transport looks to be 75 minutes at best with 4 different connections (bus, metro, train, bus).
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
I am just so torn over staying here vs. in town. I just don't know if the commute is a deal breaker when we are only in Rome for four nights with two teenage boys. On the upside of staying at the WA we have $500 worth of Aspire resort credit to use - and another $250 if I could figure out a way to prepay $250 before March. Another thing I originally booked here for spring break week and got a family room for 107,000 points per night. Then I cancelled because we decided to do Amsterdam. Then we changed our minds again and went back to doing Rome. Only a few days later the family room was 129,000 points per night. Oh well. I'm still looking at properties in the city and I am also wondering about the new Doubletree which is supposed to open in February 2020.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:00 am

For the $500-$750 you save with the credits you can buy a lot of taxis! A taxi should take only 15 minutes or so, depending on traffic. Our only regret was not staying later to wander around town at night (and more restaurant options). What if you spend 2 nights at the WA for free and then move to town? Christine at the WA was terrific help in getting the space we needed without having to get a suite.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Visited this property today as a non resident to use a cabana. It is the complete antithesis to the STR. I clearly am not a guest, however my impression was not great.

Arrived and at least 25 guests out the front with the concierge yelling which airlines the transfers were for as they appeared to be grouped together.

The common areas are dated, there was construction from the lobby to the gym/indoor pool all day and the lifts were so busy they were offering guests to use the stairs from -2.

While it has pools, it’s nothing special. The view is if the ugly brick exterior and large communications tower that is higher then the hotel.

On a positive note the staff were good and umbrellas have a built in system to call pool attendants or waitstaff.

Agree the pools are nothing special, but that isn't why we visited Rome. I can swim in my own pool, for free. I thought the lobby and staff were fantastic, and as I stood in line to check in the agent asked me to bring my family and kids to a private check in room, with champagne, and other things as well. I'm not a world traveler, but I've stayed at 5 Star hotels more than once. I was very satisfied with my stay, and much to my shock the hotel waived the drinks I had from the mini bar. It was simply a points stay, and my total bill was something in the range of $50. Pretty good value. Then I said we need a taxi to the airport, and they said we will happily take you in the Mercedes for the same or less. Will definitely stay again, even though food pricing is high for someone like me. I forget the price of renting the Ferrari, but my son is super annoyed I didn't do that. If memory serves, it wasn't terribly expensive.

Dinner one night with a walk down the road to some restaurant with zero english staff. Incredible meal and great staff, even though I didn't understand them, and they didn't understand me. Of all things we had cheeseburgers that were incredible.

Again, I'm not a world traveler, so I put the Broadmoor in COS or the Ritz in Maui or Vail as my benchmark. Maybe my standards are low, but the Waldorf in Rome is likely in my top 5 all time for how they took care of me.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I am staying here for 3 nights and I have a NOR1 upgrade offer for an Imperial Room for EUR90 per night which seems reasonable. Are there any recent reviews of the lounge, is it worth it?

I am also interested in the local restaurants within walking distance any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Gomac
I am staying here for 3 nights and I have a NOR1 upgrade offer for an Imperial Room for EUR90 per night which seems reasonable. Are there any recent reviews of the lounge, is it worth it?
100% get it, if you are going to use the Imperial Club of course. We stayed here a month ago and took the upgrade offer of €126 per night. It was very much worth it for us. Great snacks/food and free alcohol all day in the lounge. Stunning views overlooking Rome. Free access to the spa/Turkish baths/etc when staying on the Imperial Floor

We did breakfast in the main dining room, due to how much more selection there was down there (probably the 2nd best breakfast selection/quality I have ever seen, just behind the Tokyo Hilton Shinjuku)

General check-in was not really that busy when we arrived, but we were pointed to a VIP type check-in when we mentioned we were on the Imperial Floor. Might save some time if check-in was busy for you
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth

100% get it, if you are going to use the Imperial Club of course. We stayed here a month ago and took the upgrade offer of €126 per night. It was very much worth it for us. Great snacks/food and free alcohol all day in the lounge. Stunning views overlooking Rome. Free access to the spa/Turkish baths/etc when staying on the Imperial Floor

We did breakfast in the main dining room, due to how much more selection there was down there (probably the 2nd best breakfast selection/quality I have ever seen, just behind the Tokyo Hilton Shinjuku)

General check-in was not really that busy when we arrived, but we were pointed to a VIP type check-in when we mentioned we were on the Imperial Floor. Might save some time if check-in was busy for you
Great thanks, we will take it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.