Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:14 am

Can't find any openings logging in from Japan going out to June 2020 either in regular or incognito or logged in. This seems like some of the system glitches I'd get on United for a $1M airline ticket to Asia in coach. Wish I could say the same for the recent clandestine points redemption baseline hikes based on the properties I know over here.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by escape4
I am somewhat confused then, when I posted a message earlier today cash bookings were available for July 2019. I just checked again and it's still available. I am looking on hilton.com.
I can see cash bookings in incognito mode (though not on an availability calendar, only on specific dates), but not in a regular browser. It’s incredibly weird.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 10:14 am

Cannot find revenue or award availability on Waldorf/Hilton site . Tried logged in and not logged in. A few months a go I switched my July WA reservations back to CR ... So far I think (??) I'm glad ....
Old Jun 24, 2019, 10:30 am

Reminder to enroll in the Double Points promotion before your upcoming stays (for those before September 6th), and to complete at least 1 stay before your trip at a Hilton hotel. The 20 extra points earned by being Diamond would more than makeup for a cheap Hilton stay elsewhere.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 10:34 am

Called in yesterday night to the Hilton honors 800 number for the Walforf Astoria Maldives to add one of my hilton certificates and cant seem to book a night at the Waldorf astoria Maldives. I tried multiple times with different people at the Hilton honors phone number 800-548-8690 and every person from Hilton kept saying Waldorf Astoria Maldives has been Terminated. Not sure what that mean. What is going on? Haha

You cant book via the app and you cant book via the website.

I have a 6 night reservation currently and was calling to add another one night but it doesnt look like that's gonna happen now Haha. At least for now.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by Eyesonthepoints
Called in yesterday night to the Hilton honors 800 number for the Walforf Astoria Maldives to add one of my hilton certificates and cant seem to book a night at the Waldorf astoria Maldives. I tried multiple times with different people at the Hilton honors phone number 800-548-8690 and every person from Hilton kept saying Waldorf Astoria Maldives has been Terminated. Not sure what that mean. What is going on? Haha

You cant book via the app and you cant book via the website.

I have a 6 night reservation currently and was calling to add another one night but it doesnt look like that's gonna happen now Haha. At least for now.
Its really weird. I have a 6 night booking in two weeks.

Although i I am in contact with a reservation manager and he gives me no reason to think there is any issues.

I need to book another night at hotel but can’t as well.

very very odd what’s going on with their online system.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by beefninja

I can see cash bookings in incognito mode (though not on an availability calendar, only on specific dates), but not in a regular browser. It’s incredibly weird.
Same here. Looking at dates at the end of February 2020 and rates are only visible when using incognito mode in my browser. Very odd.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by ddkrules
Same here. Looking at dates at the end of February 2020 and rates are only visible when using incognito mode in my browser. Very odd.
But can you book them? I can see availability on the website, in terms of a cash rate (nothing for points), but if I click through to book when the page updates its says dates not available. Found this for every day through the middle of next year.

On the plus side I have bee dialoging with hotel directly on our upcoming July stay and it seems business as usual. So perhaps just a glitch while they prep for the full July 1st launch.

TD
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:45 pm

If incognito mode is giving different results then a) it's going through a proxy before it gets to Hilton's servers (this might depend on the browser used, i.e; some browsers may use one), and or b) users with old (non-expired) cookies and old cache content will see something different, i.e; inentory still available until they try and book. Whatever the case, all inventory is offline (which is hardly a surprise) because they are playing around with the HTML. Relax people, the hotel isn't going to close up shop before they've opened.....
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by rishabh.rajiv
Reminder to enroll in the Double Points promotion before your upcoming stays (for those before September 6th), and to complete at least 1 stay before your trip at a Hilton hotel. The 20 extra points earned by being Diamond would more than makeup for a cheap Hilton stay elsewhere.
With the double points promotion you'll get 10 points per dollar as base points, 10 points for a Diamond, and 10 points under the double points promotion = 30 points per dollar

If you don't have a prior Hilton stay during the promotion period to trigger the double points, you'd get only 20 points per dollar spent here.

Hilton points are generally valued at half a cent each, though there can obviously be better uses.

This means that double points means you'll get an extra 5% rebate off your bill.

I agree people should estimate what their bill will be at WA Ithaafushi and decide if they should try to manufacture a stay at a cheap Hilton somewhere before staying here to trigger the double points.

I had a points stay at a Hampton Inn last month, and I'm told that will qualify to trigger double points here.

I also plan to use my Hilton Aspire AMEX $250 resort credit here.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:09 pm

With the Hilton Aspire AMEX, you'd also get 14x points extra.

That comes to 44 HH points to the $.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
With the Hilton Aspire AMEX, you'd also get 14x points extra.

That comes to 44 HH points to the $.
Yes, that's basically a 22% rebate on spend.

So it's like your Terra meal for two will only cost $790 without all the ++ added on. Bargain.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 4:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jphripjah
With the double points promotion you'll get 10 points per dollar as base points, 10 points for a Diamond, and 10 points under the double points promotion = 30 points per dollar
Let's say I have a $10,000 spend, will I earn 300,000 points? [that's around 4 nights at the Conrad Rangali]
Old Jun 24, 2019, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Let's say I have a $10,000 spend, will I earn 300,000 points? [that's around 4 nights at the Conrad Rangali]
If you use the Aspire card, you'll earn 44HH points to the $, that means in your case you'll get 440,000 points.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 4:45 pm

If you use the Aspire card, you'll earn 44HH points to the $, that means in your case you'll get 440,000 points.
It's like B1G1 free on Maldives vacations!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.