Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by SponsorSFC
That is the problem then. The availbility is there, it just won't appear as bookable when you are logged in because you don't have the points. This has been happening for Hilton for years.

If you have enough points for 1 or 2 nights try searching that while logged in and see what results you get.
My wife has 23K points in her account. I see plenty of Award space @ 120K. I can book a room. I get the slider bar asking how many points I want to use. The balance shows the cash difference.

TD
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:03 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

My wife has 23K points in her account. I see plenty of Award space @ 120K. I can book a room. I get the slider bar asking how many points I want to use. The balance shows the cash difference.

TD
It was the same for me prior to making my original booking at this property. I didn't have enough points for a single night, but could see availability on several dates throughout the calendar (and also click through the initial booking steps).

Now I can't see a single available date.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 12:13 am

Hilton IT strikes again.....
Old Jun 28, 2019, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
It was the same for me prior to making my original booking at this property. I didn't have enough points for a single night, but could see availability on several dates throughout the calendar (and also click through the initial booking steps).

Just checked. Wife’s account with 23K sees availability. Daughters account with 872 points (no K) for the same day shows no availability.

Interesting...my other child’s account has 0 points and when logged in to that account the website does not have points redemption as an selectable option.

TD

Last edited by Traveler Dave; Jun 28, 2019 at 12:22 am
Old Jun 28, 2019, 12:23 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors

Just checked. Wife’s account with 23K sees availability. Daughters account with 872 points (no K) for the same day shows no availability.

Interesting...my other child’s account has 0 points and when logged in to that account the website does not have points redemption as an selectable option.

TD
Perhaps there's a cut-off points for how many points you need in order to see availability. Interesting.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 12:45 am

They play all types of tricks you'd never be able to connect the dots with. Hilton knows that. Been seeing this for at least 2 years. Try going on IHG and seeking a room on a new property due to open next year and the visual calendar shows nothing for points up to the furthest day. But when you manually type in the night it will show up for redemption but still blocked 100% to the furthermost day on the calendar. All the hotels have an arsenal of these tricks. I'd love to be on the inside of these IT guys coding these sites. Airlines sites for that matter too. In your case it's a bi-polar mood issue of Hilton. Just one of manys tactics of the "dynamic" trend in holding your points redemption possibilities hostage in lieu of hard cash - aka the self-proclaimed "no black-out dates."

Last edited by scwam; Jun 28, 2019 at 1:08 am
Old Jun 28, 2019, 7:45 am

Perhaps there's a cut-off points for how many points you need in order to see availability. Interesting.
Easy. They've reduced the rate by 100K and you can now get a night for 20K points, instead of 120K, so having 0 or 872 points will show no availability while 23K will show enough for one night. Be quick cos this special deal won't last. Oh, and did I mention the discount on the yacht transfer with this deal? They've reduced it from $350++ per person per way to $349++ per person per way!
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:26 am

The sentence saying “This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton family July 1st...” has been removed from the website. Welcome to the family WA Maldives. Can’t wait to meet you!

TD
Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:43 am

I think my decision is final here.. I'm going to the Maldives for the first time this year for my honeymoon and we will be staying at the Conrad. End of August is too soon for the foliage to have fully matured, and all of the service kinks to be ironed out. Fiance and I enjoy a nice hard product but we will have to make that sacrifice and tread the beaten path this time.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:55 am

Good choice. I would do the same if I were you.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by mikewhyatt
I think my decision is final here.. I'm going to the Maldives for the first time this year for my honeymoon and we will be staying at the Conrad. End of August is too soon for the foliage to have fully matured, and all of the service kinks to be ironed out. Fiance and I enjoy a nice hard product but we will have to make that sacrifice and tread the beaten path this time.
We had a similar choice challenge a couple years ago about staying at the Conrad Bora Bora. They were only going to be open a few weeks (after the complete rebrand/remodel) before we arrived. Not wanting to risk it we stayed elsewhere. Following year we stayed at the Conrad once there were some solid reviews.

This go-around we went the other way. We had our 9 days booked at Conrad Maldives, assuming the WA opening date would slip past our mid-July stay. But with all the information we have been able to gather we switched to the WA. For hard product the WA is clearly a cut-above the Conrad (not too concerned about the top of a couple palm trees). Time will tell about the customer service side, but can’t imagine it being less than spot on.

TD
Old Jun 28, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond.
I’ve been told today that the “private” yacht ride is not private. They will pick up a whole bunch of people at the airport at the same time!!! 500$ USD per person is insane for that.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Rizla
I’ve been told today that the “private” yacht ride is not private. They will pick up a whole bunch of people at the airport at the same time!!! 500$ USD per person is insane for that.

How long can we end up waiting at the airport for them to herd everyone together and where do we wait?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
There is about six of us here on FT who will be arriving within the next seven days We will be able to let you know first hand how 'private' those transfers are, and a range of other view points - good and not so good.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:59 pm

Yup, it's borderline BS marketing. It's worth, dunno.....maybe $150-200++ return per person.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.