Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:43 pm

Those eggs organic or cage free ?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:01 pm

On the activity menu,
" inflatables / beach toys " air filling : 15 usd
does that include the ones hotel provides ?
or does the fee applies to the ones we brought with us from home?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Smurfettepharoh
Those eggs organic or cage free ?
fabergé

Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

fabergé

Those are cheaper
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by Smurfettepharoh
On the activity menu,
" inflatables / beach toys " air filling : 15 usd
does that include the ones hotel provides ?
or does the fee applies to the ones we brought with us from home?
We always take one of these with us. I does add weight in the suitcase, but bathing suits don’t weigh that much so we have extra room for unicorn blow-ups and a pump.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LVY1IBA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LVY1IBA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TD
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:27 pm

The breakfast doesn't look particularly impressive (from the WA's instagram page). I still have fond memories of the lobster & Alaskan crab omelette topped with Oscietran caviar I had at the StR.

Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by gallagher
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Yeah, my bad I suppose. You said Feb 1 and I thought those charges had been on your bill at checkout somewhere else in the country. Did you pre-pay those costs on your points booking or they are showing on your reservation details / confirmation email?
Just checked my confirmation email - 960,000 HH points + USD120

Thanks. I'm not interested in what my confirmation email says. I'm interested in what my booking terms were, i.e. what was disclosed at the time I booked not what they sent later in an email. And I don't think they disclosed a $6 per person per night charge on a points booking.

See also the second paragraph here:

Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:02 pm

Redemption

It's showing a nightly redemption of 800,000 right now. Is it me or if that insane???
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond.
I cant honestly believe what I am reading.

One guy is obsessed with St Regis (I love St Regis BTW), and others complaining about the breakfast picture on Instagram.

Let me explain something to you guys. I am obsessed with the Waldorf. I would pay the money to stay here, the fact is that points allow me to spend more money at the hotel.

I really think some of you have entitlement syndrome. YOU ARE NOT PAYING CUSTOMERS until you are paying customers.

One guy is complaining about 6USD per night!!!

ITs like owning a Ferrari and complaining the tyres costs 500 Quid to replace each. MOFO you own a FERARRI!!!!!
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
The breakfast doesn't look particularly impressive (from the WA's instagram page). I still have fond memories of the lobster & Alaskan crab omelette topped with Oscietran caviar I had at the StR.

Looks to be room service. But I would take that all day long, and will for 9 days, as a free buffet breakfast!

TD
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Thanks. I'm not interested in what my confirmation email says. I'm interested in what my booking terms were, i.e. what was disclosed at the time I booked not what they sent later in an email.
See also the second paragraph here:
And you have a very valid point. Not sure of Visa, but MasterCard has clear terms about cardholder and merchant agreements. One is that an entire price must be displayed 'clearly' at the final payment page and not per subsequent emails. Not sure exactly how this would would play-out upon check-out with the hospitality industry where this hotel deliberately doubled transfer costs without proactive email notification of such, or daily fees with points redemptions if they are not specifically and clearly stated in the T&C pop up box that must be shown only on the final payment page (M/C chargeback reg).

Last edited by scwam; Jul 3, 2019 at 12:49 am
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by Rizla
Seems reasonable. If he can get the fee waived and finds 4 quarters in his couch he can buy 1 coke at the resort.

TD
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

It's $12 a night unless you're traveling there alone. Why would anyone pay even a dollar more than they agreed at the time of booking?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:12 pm

Did @alanslegal arrive yet? Eagerly awaiting his report.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:18 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
MOFO you own a FERARRI!!!!!
Yo MOFO, it's spelled FERRARI!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.