Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Waldorf Astoria New York {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Waldorf Astoria New York {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2012, 6:15 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by danger
I'm confused on lounge access.

I am HHonors Diamond with a reservation for a standard room.

Do Diamond members receive access to any lounge? If so, what are its amenities? Additionally, is full breakfast in the hotel's restaurant complimentary?
The W=A doesn't have a lounge, the Towers (a different hotel within the same building) does.
Just as any other Waldorf Collection hotel, Diamonds do not receive any breakfast (they used to a few years ago). The latest comments indicate you get a voucher for either a muffin or coffee at a Starbucks stand in the hotel. I haven't stayed there in the last few years so I can't speak from personal experience.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Notenut
The latest comments indicate you get a voucher for either a muffin or coffee at a Starbucks stand in the hotel. I haven't stayed there in the last few years so I can't speak from personal experience.
In my last stay, August 2011, Starbucks voucher was valid for one juice + one coffe(any type) + one pastry/muffin
Old Sep 10, 2012, 8:24 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
There is no breakfast option any more. I stayed there this past weekend. The Diamond benefits published by HHonors are consistent with what is offered at this hotel now:

The 26th floor "Astoria" lounge is still only available to guests on the 26th floor, as well as any room in the Waldorf Towers hotel (floors 28-42).

As this hotel does not have a "Waldorf Astoria Lounge", so the NYC W=A is exempt by way of the note in the benefits: Lounges are available only at select Waldorf Astoria properties

As for the other published HH WA benefits, we received them all:
  • Expedited HHonors check in at designated desk - Quick, efficient DD checkin
  • Late checkout based on availability - They were only able to give us 1pm(vs. 12pm)
  • Two bottles of water per stay - was given 2 per day
  • Complimentary health club access where available, owned and operated by the hotel - offered to us
  • Welcome beverage (up to two guests) - 2 drink coupons for any bar in the hotel
  • Upgrades to preferred rooms*, which may include suites, Executive Floor rooms, or the next-best available room from the room type booked. Upgrades are granted on a space-available basis for the entire stay, as determined at the time of check-in. (Excludes Napua Tower at Grand Wailea and Imperial Floor at Rome Cavalieri) - A very nice 1 BR suite upgrade on the 27th floor
  • Access to the Waldorf Astoria Lounge, even if you do not receive a room upgrade. (PLEASE NOTE: Lounges are available only at select Waldorf Astoria properties.) - see above
  • Choose TWO of the following on-property benefits:
  • 1,000 Hilton HHonors bonus points - yes
  • One in-room movie included with your stay (where locally available)
  • Discount at Hotel/Resort facility - either Spa, Golf or Restaurant as designated by the Hotel/Resort management - yes
Old Oct 12, 2012, 4:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, National Executive
Underwhelmed

Was just in NYC and needed one more night than I had at HGVC West 57th Street (owner there). So...decided to splurge a bit and use points for Saturday night at Waldorf Astoria. 60,000 HHonors points (vs 50,000 for somewhere like Time Square Hilton so not that huge a premium). Listed rate around $650.

The public spaces were nice. Enjoyed the drink coupons (2 for up to $20 drink on each).

I'm Gold and was told I had been upgraded from Deluxe King to Superior King but it was certainly not obvious.

Very underwhelmed. While I realize it is a traditional decor and not supposed to be flashy it was worn and blah.

Room was large. Woodwork looked like it had been painted about a million times. Almost no outlets in the room. Bathroom was large and looked like it hadn't been updated since the 50's including a traditional chrome frame medicine cabinet. Bed was comfortable but it should be.

I was very glad that we were not paying/using points for more than one night.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 6:12 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by Greytop
Was just in NYC and needed one more night than I had at HGVC West 57th Street (owner there). So...decided to splurge a bit and use points for Saturday night at Waldorf Astoria. 60,000 HHonors points (vs 50,000 for somewhere like Time Square Hilton so not that huge a premium). Listed rate around $650.

The public spaces were nice. Enjoyed the drink coupons (2 for up to $20 drink on each).

I'm Gold and was told I had been upgraded from Deluxe King to Superior King but it was certainly not obvious.

Very underwhelmed. While I realize it is a traditional decor and not supposed to be flashy it was worn and blah.

Room was large. Woodwork looked like it had been painted about a million times. Almost no outlets in the room. Bathroom was large and looked like it hadn't been updated since the 50's including a traditional chrome frame medicine cabinet. Bed was comfortable but it should be.

I was very glad that we were not paying/using points for more than one night.
Did you see if they are renovating public areas/rooms currently? It has been announced one year ago!
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:07 pm

Have been reading on tripadvisor about current room renovations, who knows what is going on exactly? Which floors have been renovated so far?

Anyone here had a paid stay in this room category? Best available rate for easter period 2013 = $499. How is the room and bathroom? Better than the non-concierge-level accomodations at "The Waldorf=Astoria"? Is there a MARBLE TUB AND SHOWER? Or do I need to book the next higher level "Waldorf Accomodation" to get it?

Room Details: 1 KING BED CONCIERGE LEVEL

Spacious and richly appointed. Located on the Concierge Level which provides all deluxe and superior amenities, plus complimentary continental breakfast in the Astoria Lounge on the 26th Floor and complimentary access to the Guerlain Fitness Center on the 19th Floor. Exclusive bath and amenity products. Provides 225-250 sq. ft. of space.

EDIT:

There is another room type for $589 which has a similar denomination as a Towers room ($870) but cheaper. Can it be compared to the Towers room just without "staying in the Towers"?

1 KG WALDORF ACCOMMODATION

Our most compelling value, the Waldorf Accommodation features a kitchen or wet bar with refrigerator, and a boudoir dressing area leading into an elegantly appointed bathroom with marble tub and shower. Minimum 600 sq. ft. of space. Amenities include work desk, complimentary high-speed wired and wireless internet, two-line speaker phones with voicemail, flat-screen TV with premium channels and Lodgenet video, an iron and ironing board, safe, Hi-Fi alarm clock radio. We are pleased to offer complimentary pressing of two items upon check-in. This accommodation provides personalized, private lobby check in, dedicated concierge, complimentary continental breakfast in the Astoria Lounge located on the 26th floor and twice-daily maid service with nightly turndown. The Suites feature Hilton Suite Dreams mattress, Super Topper mattress pad, Touch of Down pillows, 250 thread-count triple sheets and duvet cover, bathrobes, slippers, and exclusive bath and amenity products.

EDIT

I will be at least Gold at that time, if this could be relevant for an upgrade, but would book a paid stay for 6 or 7 nights for one of the above mentioned room types.

Last edited by submonte; Oct 14, 2012 at 5:37 am
Old Oct 14, 2012, 5:31 am

Anyone can help? As I would like to book. See my recent post.

Thank you!
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by submonte
Anyone can help? As I would like to book. See my recent post.

Thank you!
I would call the hotel directly and ask them about the specific rooms.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: Hhonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum
So have they killed the Starbucks Vouchers?

This worked well for me, a good coffee and something light was all I needed.

I am planning a trip in Feb with the family and this will probably change my decision to stay here.

TT
Old Oct 19, 2012, 5:18 pm

Yes, no Starbucks Vouchers

Originally Posted by Techtravler
So have they killed the Starbucks Vouchers?

This worked well for me, a good coffee and something light was all I needed.

I am planning a trip in Feb with the family and this will probably change my decision to stay here.

TT
No Starbucks vouchers currently.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by submonte
Did you see if they are renovating public areas/rooms currently? It has been announced one year ago!
I don't stay there regularly so don't know about the public spaces. They seemed quite nice.

With regards to room, all I can say is that my room and hallways on 14 were NOT renovated.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 4:59 am

The rooms I have described earlier in post #787 here

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19489660-post787.html

are obviously located on the 26th floor with access to Astoria lounge.

1) As the description contains "private lobby entrance", this means in my eyes checkin for 26th floor accommodations at "Waldorf Towers" front desk?

2) Is "Waldorf Towers" front desk located on ground floor?

3) "Waldorf Astoria" 26th floor guests and "Waldorf Tower" guests 28th-42nd floor do checkin at same "Waldorf Tower" front desk?

4) What is on 27th floor?

5) Are the rooms on "Waldorf Astoria" 26th floor in better condition than "Waldorf Astoria" other floors and/or renovated recently?

6) Do all rooms at 26th floor have marble bathroom?

Thank you.

EDIT:

I found something here:

http://travel.aol.com/hotel-brands/waldorf-astoria/

On the 26th floor of the hotel there is what is known as the "Astoria Level". This floor of the hotel has upgraded accommodations including deluxe bathrooms amenities, bathrobes, 24 hour room service, daily newspaper and concierge service. Guest on this level of the hotel receive exclusive benefits of the relaxing, private, and sophisticated, Astoria Lounge. These benefits include complimentary continental breakfast, beverages, and dessert.

So what is the difference remaining between rooms and service on "W=A" 26th floor and "Waldorf Towers" 28th-42nd floor if 26th floor has "upgraded" accommodations and 5* service (24 hour room service, concierge)? The rate difference is $300 around.

EDIT

I just booked 5 nights for next easter period $499 best available rate king concierge room plus taxes. They offer NOR1 upgrades for 119/179 to Towers suite/deluxe suite. I have not decided yet about the upgrade offer.

Last edited by submonte; Oct 20, 2012 at 7:17 am
Old Oct 21, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: HH: Diamond, DL: Diamond
I stayed there as a Diamond and was treated very poorly, they were overbooked and ask me to go to another hotel. It was one of the worst stays I have a had at a Hilton property. Very Very disappointing!
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Chip15035
I stayed there as a Diamond and was treated very poorly, they were overbooked and ask me to go to another hotel. It was one of the worst stays I have a had at a Hilton property. Very Very disappointing!
Was it when the Saudi family came and occupied 100 rooms or so suddenly?

Well I have booked Astoria Level. Hope they will honor my reservation and treat me well as it is not the cheapest room.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:38 am

Waldorf Astoria NY Room Name Changes

Is it just me or did the NY W=A change some room type names?

Last two years I believe I stayed in a King Bed Jr. Suite. It was one room, King bed, sofa, desk, extra chair or two.

Now I don't see that name under rooms. Has the name been changed to a King Luxury Room?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.