Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Waldorf Astoria New York {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Waldorf Astoria New York {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
At the moment I have booking at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, the only one offering points and money stay on my date. But was thinking about moving closer to city and change booking to points.

I will look into HGI then. I see a few advertised as brand new near Times Square and Central Park. Tough choice.

Thanks.
The Central Park South location is about 1.5 years old and the Midtown East is very new as well. Times Square, TriBeCa, and Chelsea locations are also spoken well of.

If you are beholden to points or points and money, then yes you will likely be hard-pressed to find a good value. I would suggest exploring cash rates, including MVP rates, unless you are in a situation where you are points-rich and cash-sensitive. During busy weekends and such obviously everything is going to be expensive, but there are also times where I have seen very good deals (in winter sub-$150/night is quite doable). Really depends on just when specifically you are going. Good luck!
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
For staying just one night I think it depends on what you want to be "central" to. Are you going to Times Square/theater district? Wall Street area? Museums? For one night I'd choose the hotel closest (or easiest subway/bus) to what I planned on doing for my short time.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I just stayed at the Waldorf from October 30 through November 2. I ran the NYC marathon, and this was my base. I had never stayed there before. I was very happy with my room, and the service was superb. Although I was not in a Tower room, I was up on a Tower floor (26th.) I had asked to stay on a quiet floor, and this met the bill. We got an early check in as well as an extended check out. The Waldorf sent up a complimentary gift for running the NYC marathon, and another gift the day the marathon was run. Also, there was a limited free breakfast for runners starting at 5 am the morning of the race. All special requests I asked for were filled, except for my refrigerator request, and I got around that by just using ice. It turned out to be a fairly central location for what I needed to do, and I would stay there again.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:57 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Newer posts for this ARCHIVE THREAD can be found in the

OPEN THREAD for Waldorf Astoria New York

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.