Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Waldorf Astoria New York {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Waldorf Astoria New York {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2011, 1:58 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by Notenut

In my post I quoted and was referring to PHL's post, not yours

I know, but he was referring to my post
Old May 14, 2011, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold, HH Dia, Hertz #1 5*
Originally Posted by Andriyko
There is a new benefit for Diamond members - they are selling breakfast vouchers (good for both Peacock Alley and Oscar's) for 20 dollars, tax and gartuity included. While many will complain that it's still not free, the value is very good.
Just stayed there last night using up one of my remaining two Q3FN's. Very convenient for Yankee Stadium because of the 6 train (requiring a transfer to an uptown 4) just around the corner. In case you're interested, 5-4 Boston.

Anyway, Queen Deluxe was what was booked (they won't award you a Superior Room to start) and a Queen Deluxe was what I got on the 16th floor. Got my two drink coupons, got my Starbucks coupon only after asking, no bottles of water were offered or received, no offer for the $20 breakfast referenced above, and had to get them to remove the $15.95 internet charge this morning even as a Diamond.

Maybe Fridays are real busy for them, maybe this Friday was busier than most, but not a great experience for what most would consider the Flagship name in the Hilton chain. From my experience, it's certainly not the Flagship property in the Hilton chain.
Old May 19, 2011, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by submonte
Finally I have to say that Diamonds are no beggars and many will like to fully pay for their breakfast...
Speak for yourself...

Originally Posted by JerseySlime
From my experience, it's certainly not the Flagship property in the Hilton chain.
Agreed. Although it's my favorite property for sentimental reasons, it hasn't held that position for years.
Old May 20, 2011, 4:42 am

Question Reward stay upgrades/benefits at Waldorf Astoria for Diamonds, experiences?

I have a reward stay booked next weekend at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC. I have never booked a reward stay before so I have no idea what to expect as a Diamond in terms of room upgrade or any other benefits.

I would really appreciate any feedback on how Hilton treat Diamonds on reward stays in general or specifically at the Waldorf.

Cheers!
Old May 20, 2011, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
There are many references to Diamond benefits and perks in the primary W-A thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...storia-49.html
Old May 20, 2011, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
There are many references to Diamond benefits and perks in the primary W-A thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...storia-49.html
Thanks for referring me to a thread spanning 11 years over 20 pages, but I was asking specifically for up to date reward stay info.
Old May 20, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Up-to-date experiences from Diamond members (even on an award stay specifically) are listed on the last two pages of the link that 3Cforme provided - not sure what else you are looking for. I think it's easiest for everyone in this forum if discussions are kept to the existing master threads.
Old May 20, 2011, 10:32 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Pyeinthesky,

you will get standard amenities and a room upgrade upon availability (although I would not count on one as they get too many Diamonds each night).
You will get 2 bottles of water per night, two drink coupons, a voucher (valid for 2) for breakfast at Strabucks for each night, access to fitness centre and that's pretty much it. You should also be offered to purchase full breakfast for USD 20.
In terms of the upgrade - they try to allocate nicer rooms for Diamonds. But you might score a nice upgrade... you never know...

Enjoy your stay!
Old May 20, 2011, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko
Pyeinthesky,

you will get standard amenities and a room upgrade upon availability (although I would not count on one as they get too many Diamonds each night).
You will get 2 bottles of water per night, two drink coupons, a voucher (valid for 2) for breakfast at Strabucks for each night, access to fitness centre and that's pretty much it. You should also be offered to purchase full breakfast for USD 20.
In terms of the upgrade - they try to allocate nicer rooms for Diamonds. But you might score a nice upgrade... you never know...

Enjoy your stay!
Here's hoping!

I did have a look at the other thread and it does look like a lottery as to what to expect, I am used to SPG where they really look after Platinums so I will keep my expectations low and hope to be pleasantly surprised!

I chose the WA as I staid there with my wife about 10 years ago before we had kids (though that was in the Towers) so there is an element of nostalgia, this time we are gong with our 1yo baby girl so hoping for at least a king bed if not a larger room too. I think I'll email the hotel in advance and grovel a bit!

Thanks again ^
Old May 20, 2011, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by jkm024
Up-to-date experiences from Diamond members (even on an award stay specifically) are listed on the last two pages of the link that 3Cforme provided - not sure what else you are looking for. I think it's easiest for everyone in this forum if discussions are kept to the existing master threads.
Fair dinkum, there is plenty of relevant info at the end of that thread, not really been on the HH forum before, in my defence, did have a good look in the stickies first
Old May 20, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Pyeinthesky
Fair dinkum, there is plenty of relevant info at the end of that thread, not really been on the HH forum before, in my defence, did have a good look in the stickies first
I'm staying at the W=A myself this weekend on a Q3FN stay and will try to update the master thread with my experiences if anything notable happens!
Old May 24, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by JerseySlime
From my experience, it's certainly not the Flagship property in the Hilton chain.
Well, then which hotel is the flaghip property in the Hilton chain in your eyes?
Old May 24, 2011, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold, HH Dia, Hertz #1 5*
Originally Posted by submonte
Well, then which hotel is the flaghip property in the Hilton chain in your eyes?
Not sure if there is one anymore, which may not be a bad thing. It sort of depends what you're looking for: beach, spa, golf, luxury.

The W-A brand certainly is supposed to stand for the luxury aspects of a hotel. I'm sure the W-A in NYC has some great rooms, especially in the Tower. But they certainly don't treat their most loyal Hilton customers very well, if my experience is indicative. I didn't expect a suite and I understand in tougher times selling rooms rather than giving away premium rooms. But I essentially had to ask for everything I got, including the coupon for my coffee and crumb cake at Starbucks. And no water was offered and no upgrade to a better breakfast was offered. If these are items that are commonly offered to Diamonds, then that's why I feel a little slighted.
Old May 30, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-S, HH-G, MR-P
From reading through this thread, I am not expecting much as a Dia.

Thus I selected all available Nor1 options.

For those who have had success with this (Nor1) - is there any particular time of day that it is advisable to try and check in?

Thanks.
Old May 30, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
I would check in when the Diamond Desk is open but generally the NOR1 upgrade goes through the day before. You can tell when your reservation room type changes. I know the diamond desk is closed in the evenings.... I think they close around 6 but not sure. The diamond office is very good about giving you all of your "perks" like the free drinks and starbucks vouchers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.