Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Waldorf Astoria New York {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Waldorf Astoria New York {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cottonpatch
Did you get excluded?
Others have been within the last year, according to this thread and the Biltmore thread.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 10:03 am

Where is the Diamond desk located in the W-A?
Old Feb 4, 2012, 11:04 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TrinaLC
Where is the Diamond desk located in the W-A?
Last time I was there (~4 years ago), it was located at the far left end of the standard Registration Desk. That is, as you face the desk, make a left face, and you should see an office directly ahead of you. That is (or at least, was) its location.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Explore
So here is the lounge access policy, specifically referencing W=A hotels. On what basis can they exclude Diamonds from the lounge at the W=A New York or Arizona Biltmore?
The W=A in New York technically does not have a lounge. It is the Waldorf Towers (a separate hotel within the same building) which has the Astoria Lounge. The Waldorf Towers does not participate in the HHonors program. Since the hotel with the lounge does not participate in HHonors, there is no reason you should expect access to it.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 7:48 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by jmd001
The W=A in New York technically does not have a lounge. It is the Waldorf Towers (a separate hotel within the same building) which has the Astoria Lounge. The Waldorf Towers does not participate in the HHonors program. Since the hotel with the lounge does not participate in HHonors, there is no reason you should expect access to it.
More specifically, the Astoria lounge on the 26th floor is not an executive lounge that falls within the policies of the HH program. The Waldorf Towers floors don't begin until 28. 26 is actually still a W=A floor. The policy specifically allows:

1.) Guests staying on the 26th floor
2.) Guests staying in the Waldorf Towers

It's a small lounge, and at one time they would allow all Diamonds in there and it simply was too crowded at the busy times.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by shoreline
The certificates are still considered a reward stay and your reward stay will not be eligible or count toward the promo you are asking about to earn the bonus points.
Not sure if we are talking about the same thing. "Be My Guest" certificates are paid stays. The folio is just charged to Hilton's Guest Assurance department and then to the "offending" property.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
So I still don't quite understand what kind of perks I would receive in either property as a gold ?

Currently have the free night cert from last year's Q4 promo.

I had noticed Waldorf Tower is a completely non-smoking hotel, but Waldorf Astoria isn't according to Hilton site. AS a smoker of course I would prefer a hotel with smoking room available, but if Waldorf tower provide more perks as a gold, I would forget cigarette for one night and smoke my ecig instead.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 1:29 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
ORDnHKG, Waldorf Astoria is a completely non-smoking hotel. You will need to step outside for a cigarette. One more thing - you won't be able to redeem your free night certificate at Waldorf Towers.

As a Gold your benefits will be a possible upgrade and a bottle of water per day plus a voucher for Starbucks or a drinks coupon.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Andriyko
ORDnHKG, Waldorf Astoria is a completely non-smoking hotel. You will need to step outside for a cigarette. One more thing - you won't be able to redeem your free night certificate at Waldorf Towers.

As a Gold your benefits will be a possible upgrade and a bottle of water per day plus a voucher for Starbucks or a drinks coupon.
So as a Gold on a weekend stay with a Q4 cert, would you stay at the WA if avail, or a different property? Sounds like a very nice abit dated property.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:58 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

So as a Gold on a weekend stay with a Q4 cert, would you stay at the WA if avail, or a different property? Sounds like a very nice abit dated property.
I would definitively stay at the WA if available.
Starbuck B/fast coupons are poor but sufficient for me and I like the property very much.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:55 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by beckoa

It depends what you're looking for. The WA is my first choice in NYC. However, other HHonors properties have nicer breakfast/in-room coffee making facilities (which may be important for some). But I personally would stay at the WA.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Interesting article:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...1S89.DTL&tsp=1
Old Mar 1, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Deleted
Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Silver, BMI Diamond Club Silver.
Recent Stay At the W=A NYC

Hi,
Just to thank everyone who responded with great advice with regard to this trip, We have just returned from the vacation and had a great time, although it wasn't without incident.

Prior to travelling I did actually try and take up the offer of the additional Upgrade from the Astor Suite, but was told by Hilton and the hotel that offer was never valid for the hotel.
At the Gold check-in desk I mentioned that it was a special occasion and any chance of an upgrade and was told that they weren't aware of this, despite me ringing the hotel a number of times beforehand, and as the hotel was fully booked they had no upgrades available, free or paid.

They reassured us that we were in a great room and off we went to the 6th floor. First impressions were good, the room looked liked it had been refurbished and was very nice, although a little dark, bathroom just had a shower but was modern by the W=A standards. Then we noticed to our horror the darkness of the room was down to an huge extractor fan outside the bedroom and a small generator next to it, both kicking out an awful loud noise, and vibrating against the bedroom window, next to this was workers hard hats and a big pile of Rubbish, probably 10 refuge sacks. Bell Hop could see we weren't too pleased and shut the blinds and curtains and to our amazement said "Problem solved !!"

We also noticed a lot of noise outside the room and looked out and our door was adjacent to the Staff entry !! furthermore the bank of lifts were also backing on to our room so we had that noise as well.

I immediately rang down to the desk and explained that I wasn't happy especially given we had been told we were in a great room. They said we couldn't move as they had no rooms available as they were full. I explained about how noisy the room was and we couldn't sleep through the noise and asked for us to move. They again said there were no rooms available, so I said if that was the case then we would have to leave and look for alternative accommodation despite the fact I'd advanced Purchased the Room. I was asked if they could ring me back and after 20 mins they offered us Room 22k, but said it would be available later that evening and could we go out and see the front desk on our return.
We had been travelling now for 17 hours and we were both tired and wanted to freshen up, the hotel clearly wanted out of the 6th floor room, but I stood my ground and asked if we could stay in it until our 22k came available. They reluctantly agreed and 2 hours later 22k was available, so he headed up to the Room.

The Room was fabulous, very spacious and although a little dated compared to the other, it was a huge improvement.
I thanked the guys on the front desk and we went on to have a brilliant stay, however I was a little disappointed at the way we were treated with regard to the original room and the fact that they said on at least 3 occasions the hotel was full and we couldn't move but it was clearly evident they had better rooms availble. As an aside On checkout I wasn't asked if we'd had a good stay either.

Last edited by squeakr; Mar 30, 2012 at 4:59 pm Reason: create paragraphs
Old Apr 13, 2012, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Is there a difference between 1 KING BED EXECUTIVE LVL vs DELUXE TOWER ROOM ?

It seems like both have lounge access, but DELUXE TOWER ROOM thru Nor1 is an extra $179, 1 KING BED EXECUTIVE LVL on hilton.com is only $110 more than the cheapest 1 QUEEN DELUXE ROOM (that's what I got book thru Q4 free night cert)

The oddest thing is on hilton.com, there is nothing said DELUXE TOWER ROOM be available to book, and with there is no 1 KING BED EXECUTIVE LVL thru Nor1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.