Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Parking Options?

Are there any parking options other than the hotel's own mandatory $75/night valet-only Parking? At DFW, the walkway to the terminal from the Hyatt Regency (not Grand Hyatt) goes right thru a daily parking deck so one can park there cheaper.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by gsupstate
Are there any parking options other than the hotel's own mandatory $75/night valet-only Parking? At DFW, the walkway to the terminal from the Hyatt Regency (not Grand Hyatt) goes right thru a daily parking deck so one can park there cheaper.
Why would you park there? Drop off your rental either the before your stay or pick it up the next day. Save on parking *and* one day's rental charges.

Otherwise, park in one of the airport parking ramps as they surround the hotel and walk on over.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by bonoman
Why would you park there? Drop off your rental either the before your stay or pick it up the next day. Save on parking *and* one day's rental charges.

Otherwise, park in one of the airport parking ramps as they surround the hotel and walk on over.
I missed a rental car in the equation. I think you answered their question with your final statement though....
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by mcgahat
I missed a rental car in the equation. I think you answered their question with your final statement though....
Can't imagine why else anyone would want to park there *and* need a hotel stay versus just taking public or getting a ride when local.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
This is the airport parking map: http://www.flychicago.com/ohare/tofr...s/economy.aspx. The orange line is the transit which runs quite close to the Hilton, the $40 daily rate applies to the lots around the Hilton, which is off the top of this map.

ETA: This map shows the main parking and the Hilton: http://www.flychicago.com/ohare/tofr...maindaily.aspx. I note from there that the transit is being replaced by busses until next summer.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
We're driving our own car down from WI and flying out early the next morning. They've already charged for the valet though (bundled with room rate). Will they refund that part if we don't use it?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 2:35 pm

We're driving our own car down from WI and flying out early the next morning. They've already charged for the valet though (bundled with room rate). Will they refund that part if we don't use it?
Yikes. I'd find a cheap park n fly lot. Is that $75 for one night or your entire time out of town?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
If you paid for parking as an add-on then you might get it back. If you bought a package then you would probably have to cancel (if that is possible) and rebook. I note that the valet parking package for up to five nights adds $150 on a random date, which is $30 a night if all of it is used.
bonoman likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:30 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stayed here 10/15 - 10/16

No upgrade to an airport view or suites available. Check in agent was very friendly and helpful and offered breakfast coupons but we declined as they start at 6 AM. We did get two bottles of water though.

Still the dated room you come to expect but the walk to the terminal instead of a shuttle the next day can't be beat.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Comfortable Property

Staying here 2 nights. As everyone says, the location can't be beat, especially in a snowstorm or when the temperature is in the single digits Fahrenheit, like now. Beyond that, the hotel is comfortable. True, they don't have an executive lounge and the only suites are juniors, all facing the parking garage instead of the airfield. The appointments are dated and it's hard to plug in certain devices. Internet can be spotty - Diamonds should be sure to insist on premium connectivity and maybe a wired connection.

Diamond/Gold breakfast at Andiamo was good (see separate thread); dinner OK (don't order the off-menu chicken noodle soup). There's a fancy steakhouse, the Gaslight Club, that looks like it could be fun but expensive. Staff is capable and friendly, calls to the guest hotline are answered immediately. They'll bring a portable fan if the built-in fan doesn't work.

The fitness center is better than almost any US hotel in this price category - almost equivalent to the YMCA in breadth of machines, barbells and weights. Plus a sauna, steam room and decent-size pool.

Transport geeks should get a high-floor "runway view" room facing the airfield and the terminal shuttle train.

If you're getting a super rate and collecting loads of promo points, as I am, this place is a great deal.
jerry a. laska likes this.

Last edited by Explore; Jan 6, 2018 at 9:45 pm Reason: add
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Anyone recently stayed here and booked an MVP rate? Did you need to show something at checkin?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:18 am

Stayed here recently. Checked in and asked to try out one of their "allergy friendly" rooms. Was told no problem. Went to the room, and clearly not one of the allergy friendly ones. Hair all over the bathroom floor. What appeared to be blood stains on the sheets. Caked mold on the air filter. Food from the grab-and-go was inedible and the sales person looked like I was interrupting her day of staring in to space by being a customer (maybe you could be bothered to include a napkin next time as well). Was not offered any kind of breakfast as diamond, although was not going to take it anyway.

Paid a sub $125 rate on a cruddy weather day at O'hare, Other than that, nothing going for this hotel.

Score: 3/10
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Stayed here recently. Checked in and asked to try out one of their "allergy friendly" rooms. Was told no problem. Went to the room, and clearly not one of the allergy friendly ones. Hair all over the bathroom floor. What appeared to be blood stains on the sheets. Caked mold on the air filter. Food from the grab-and-go was inedible and the sales person looked like I was interrupting her day of staring in to space by being a customer (maybe you could be bothered to include a napkin next time as well). Was not offered any kind of breakfast as diamond, although was not going to take it anyway.

Paid a sub $125 rate on a cruddy weather day at O'hare, Other than that, nothing going for this hotel.

Score: 3/10
No breakfast offer needed, you just go to the restaurant, give em your room number. Wasn't very exciting anyway. This hotel is all about location. Hope you complained about the mess in the room, and of course changed rooms...
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
No breakfast offer needed, you just go to the restaurant, give em your room number. Wasn't very exciting anyway. This hotel is all about location. Hope you complained about the mess in the room, and of course changed rooms...
Yes, and wouldn't it have been nice if someone told me that information? Did not complain. I just lumped it and left it. All I needed was a hot shower and somewhere to sleep for eight hours and at least I got that bare minimum.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by saaveraward
All I needed was a hot shower and somewhere to sleep for eight hours and at least I got that bare minimum.
That's all they're good for, plus being right next to the terminals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.