Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:14 am

Im a diamond and working on a review for both Northolme and Labriz from our 2 nights at northolme and 10 nights at Labriz May 23-june 4th,2016. Absolutely incredible experience.

We did receive upgrades at both properties although i did reach out to the hotel ahead of time to see what my possibilities were and informed them it was for our 5 year wedding anniversary. that may have helped but they indicated they always try their best to upgrade diamond members so I don't believe our situation was out of the norm. was told that labriz was around 70-80% capacity by a housekeeper while we were there.

from VA on the east coast i would endure the long flight to go back in a second.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by GgHrOeSyT
Im a diamond and working on a review for both Northolme and Labriz from our 2 nights at northolme and 10 nights at Labriz May 23-june 4th,2016. Absolutely incredible experience.

We did receive upgrades at both properties although i did reach out to the hotel ahead of time to see what my possibilities were and informed them it was for our 5 year wedding anniversary. that may have helped but they indicated they always try their best to upgrade diamond members so I don't believe our situation was out of the norm. was told that labriz was around 70-80% capacity by a housekeeper while we were there.

from VA on the east coast i would endure the long flight to go back in a second.
Wife and I are staying at Labriz in a few weeks. Would love to hear more about your upgrade experience there, and review in general. Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 2016, 7:20 pm

One other question besides recent diamond experiences here. Has anyone taken their own transportation from the airport to the jetty? We are on a month long trip and trying to save $ where we can, so have forgone the ride offered from the hotel. I'm sure there are taxis at the airport to get a ride there, but not 100% sure on cost, and also want to be sure that there will be taxis available at the jetty when we arrive back from Labriz and are going back to the airport. We'll have about 4 hours from arrival at the jetty to our flight leaving, which seems plenty to us, even if there is some kind of a hiccup with getting a taxi immediately.

Thoughts?
Old Aug 20, 2016, 8:33 pm
soy

Programs: various
Any idea on how the loading of C+P awards at Labriz?

There is availability in spurts through the end of 2016, but nothing for 2017, so I am wondering if there is a pattern.
I am hoping they open C+P for late June 2017
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:33 am

Has anyone taken the helicopter out of Silhouette Island? Their boat schedule is absolutely terrible, our TK flight is at 12.30pm and the only boat we can take to make the flight is at 05.00am... I would rather not wake up at 3.30am when I'm on vacation.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:21 pm
KRS

Originally Posted by Napapijri
Has anyone taken the helicopter out of Silhouette Island? Their boat schedule is absolutely terrible, our TK flight is at 12.30pm and the only boat we can take to make the flight is at 05.00am... I would rather not wake up at 3.30am when I'm on vacation.
I haven't yet, but I have booked it for our upcoming trip. Zil Air quoted the same price as booking through the resort, so we used the [email protected] email address.

Dear KRS,

Please to confirm your Helicopter transfer at the cost of 638 Euro on xxth XXXXXX @ 14.45pm.

Note that Zil Air team will be welcoming you at the resort .

Total payload should not exceed 325kgs. (Luggage + Passenger)

Thank you, Kind Regards
Old Nov 1, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
I am planning to stay here for my Honeymoon next yr. Actually will be flying in from Mauritius, but the flight lands at SEZ at 6:55PM. The last boat of the day per their schedule is 6:00PM. Does this mean I will have to overnight it on Mahe island (I am not going to pay the private transfer or helicopter!). Are there any other more affordable options? Thought I ask before planning any further. Thanks.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:54 pm
KRS

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
I am planning to stay here for my Honeymoon next yr. Actually will be flying in from Mauritius, but the flight lands at SEZ at 6:55PM. The last boat of the day per their schedule is 6:00PM. Does this mean I will have to overnight it on Mahe island (I am not going to pay the private transfer or helicopter!). Are there any other more affordable options? Thought I ask before planning any further. Thanks.
You will have to spend the night on Mahé, or arrange your own transfers.
Not sure how easy or affordable that would be.

We took the scheduled boat (operated by the hotel) from Mahé to Silhouette, but opted for the helicopter transfer for the return.
For the helicopter they weigh you luggage, and ask you your own weight - but don't request you to step on the scale

They call the helicopter ride a "20 min scenic helicopter flight", but it is only a transfer, straight shot to the helicopter terminal. Immediately upon arrival there we were driven in a van to the check in area in the airport (5 min drive).

It sure was a nice way to travel for us that are not used to it!
Old Jan 8, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, HHonors, SPG, Marriott
Hey FTers! Would love to hear from travellers that have been to Labriz in recent years. Haven't found too many reviews and would love to hear if there have been changes and treatment for gold vs diamond members.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by willsterstyle
Hey FTers! Would love to hear from travellers that have been to Labriz in recent years. Haven't found too many reviews and would love to hear if there have been changes and treatment for gold vs diamond members.
Went in August as Diamond and got upgraded to a HUGE garden view villa. Was amazing. They will treat you well!
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:21 pm

Was also there in late August as a returning Diamond and was upgraded to a Beach Villa, very near the Beach Pool Villas. Service and treatment were top notch. Don't forget to find the Champagne at breakfast....they tend to hide it!
Old Jan 25, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
Originally Posted by GgHrOeSyT

Did you ever post the review?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:00 pm

Hi everyone. I am a Diamond member with ~380,000 points and I am trying to decide if it is worth redeeming five nights at this property on my honeymoon. I recently stayed at the Conrad Koh Samui and it was absolutely worth the redemption, but I have heard some mixed reviews about the Labriz relative to the other top beach Hilton properties around the world (Maldives, Bora Bora, etc.). I am hoping to get some more information about the Labriz before using the vast majority of my points on this hotel and appreciate any insights. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by DDResq; Feb 10, 2017 at 2:11 pm
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:49 pm

I would not hesitate to book this hotel. I can insure you will not be disappointed, as I have been twice and the second time was better than the first. I have also stayed at CKS and this place has it beat, hands down. As a HHD, you will be upgraded to a beach front villa. Please find the champagne at breakfast. The island is amazing and I would highly recommended exploring the island as much as possible. The hike to Grande Barbe beach is 3-hours each way but is very rewarding. I would load up on Takamaka rum on Mahe to save on drinks. The food is expensive for what it is, but the setting(s) for dining are beautiful.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by seychellesbound
I would not hesitate to book this hotel. I can insure you will not be disappointed, as I have been twice and the second time was better than the first. I have also stayed at CKS and this place has it beat, hands down. As a HHD, you will be upgraded to a beach front villa. Please find the champagne at breakfast. The island is amazing and I would highly recommended exploring the island as much as possible. The hike to Grande Barbe beach is 3-hours each way but is very rewarding. I would load up on Takamaka rum on Mahe to save on drinks. The food is expensive for what it is, but the setting(s) for dining are beautiful.
Thanks. I've been reading reviews that are overwhelmingly positive but wanted to check with FTers since the property doesn't seem to be as much of a destination as the Conrads that I mentioned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.