Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2020, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by babyg_wc
Oh no, thats not good news.. We were at the labriz in October for 10 nights this year.. whilst the Northholme appears more fancy, i personally prefer the labriz, it feels like your own private island, you have so many miles of beach, plus your typically in a beach front villa, much bigger pools etc. If you manage to get a northholme room with an infinity pool then that would be OK thou.
No chance for such an upgrade. We are both diamonds and stay(ed) for 10 nights and got a better view only. Despite lots of availability of these rooms.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by SpaceMarkus
No chance for such an upgrade. We are both diamonds and stay(ed) for 10 nights and got a better view only. Despite lots of availability of these rooms.
Hmm I was upgraded last time, but only there for 2 nights, perhaps tell them you're happy to move if they sell the room... Theres a huge difference in enjoyment in the infinity room pools
Old Jan 11, 2021, 3:26 pm

Just started looking in to the Seychelles and both Hilton Resorts. Was kind of surprised to see such low traffic on both FT threads for the resorts. From all the travel blogs it looks like the Seychelles should be a bucket list destination like Maldives and BB, if beaches/diving are your thing. The Hilton threads for those destinations are way more active. Any reason to avoid the Seychelles or the Hilton properties?

Thanks
TD
Old Jan 11, 2021, 6:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Just started looking in to the Seychelles and both Hilton Resorts. Was kind of surprised to see such low traffic on both FT threads for the resorts. From all the travel blogs it looks like the Seychelles should be a bucket list destination like Maldives and BB, if beaches/diving are your thing. The Hilton threads for those destinations are way more active. Any reason to avoid the Seychelles or the Hilton properties?

Thanks
TD
My wife and I loved this property!! No overwater villa bungalows here but when it is high tide, those beach villas are close! We loved their beach and they have a bunch of trails. I love how this property falls off a lot of peoples radar. Their prices are not expensive compared to Maldives/BB. I have been to PH Maldives and IC BB Thalasso and we actually prefer to come back to this property (a lot more affordable, easier to get to [no expensive plane/boat transfer needed], you do have to take their boat to get on this island). We were quite surprised how amazing the Gold/Diamond breakfast was.
babyg_wc and Traveler Dave like this.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 11:58 pm

Programs: Skywards

Thanks
TD
I can’t think of any reason to avoid the Seychelles. We’ve been a couple of times and loved it. Last time was at the Hilton Labriz. Definitely recommend a beach bungalow. Plenty of variety for food. Staff couldn’t do enough (reception on checkout were unfriendly but everyone else was great) Spa was good too. It’s not handy to travel back to the mainland so once you’re there you’re there.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 4:15 am

Programs: UA Plat; AS MVP Gold; BA Silver; LATAM Black; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Plat; GHA Plat
Very crudely, go to the Maldives / BB for "luxury", go to the Seychelles for seclusion.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by Italian_Kayaker
Very crudely, go to the Maldives / BB for "luxury", go to the Seychelles for seclusion.
Agreed, additionally Seychelles is not as well known as the Maldives and doesnt have an endless supplies of overwater villas
If your focus is beaches/nature and a more rustic culture then the Seychelles is for you, if you want over water villas, high end food and a more instragramable experience then i would say maldives is for you.
Mauritius IMHO sits somewhere in the middle of the two in terms of culture/food/etc.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 10:43 am

Thanks
TD
Entry to Seychelles is much more restricted than Maldives. That is why there is no activity on the thread.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 9:02 am

Programs: HH, IHG
Hey guys, we're currently planning a long (for us) trip to Seychelles / Mauritius. I'll be using 7 Hilton FN certs and my rough plan right now is to land on Mahe and spend 2 nights at Northolme, then 5 nights in Labriz, 4 nights on La Digue (non-Hilton resort obviously), then back to Mahe, fly to Mauritius for 4 nights, fly back home.

I really want to just relax and enjoy the beach on Silhouette, however, we get antsy after 4-5 nights at any one place. We did 6 nights on Conrad Rangali and it was amazing, but a little too long.

The biggest thing is the logistics of all that moving around. It appears to be pretty straight-forward, except for maybe getting to/from La Digue.

Any input / advice would be appreciated. I know this is Labriz thread, so even if only related to Silhouette or Labriz resort, all info is greatly appreciated!
Old Mar 16, 2021, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by currid7
Hey guys, we're currently planning a long (for us) trip to Seychelles / Mauritius. I'll be using 7 Hilton FN certs and my rough plan right now is to land on Mahe and spend 2 nights at Northolme, then 5 nights in Labriz, 4 nights on La Digue (non-Hilton resort obviously), then back to Mahe, fly to Mauritius for 4 nights, fly back home.

I really want to just relax and enjoy the beach on Silhouette, however, we get antsy after 4-5 nights at any one place. We did 6 nights on Conrad Rangali and it was amazing, but a little too long.

The biggest thing is the logistics of all that moving around. It appears to be pretty straight-forward, except for maybe getting to/from La Digue.

Any input / advice would be appreciated. I know this is Labriz thread, so even if only related to Silhouette or Labriz resort, all info is greatly appreciated!
Need to understand why 6 nights at conrad was too long (seems too short for me)

Note Labriz is NOT ideal for jumping around islands IMHO, its more about getting there and relaxing, exploring the island your on etc.

If you want to get around the islands youd be better placed on the main island - So HIlton Northolme.

I personally like the "doing nothing" aspect of labriz, when you get bored there are the bikes, the beaches, exploring the island etc..
Old Mar 16, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: BA GOLD

You need to consider if you want to leave Mahe on the same day as you leave La Digue as you would at the very least need to take a ferry from LD to Praslin and fly to Mahe from there or stay onboard the ferry and continue to Mahe. La Digue is a beautiful island but really quite small. Perhaps consider a base on Praslin and do an overnight stay on LD from there. You also need to consider the practicality of getting to LDin the first place. I have done Silhouette/Praslin/La Digue for the day and Mahe for a few days before we left so I can appreciate the planning involved.
coolbeans202 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 12:03 pm

Programs: HH, IHG
Thanks guys. I had our itinerary all settled and booked until Turkish Airlines cancelled the IST-SEZ segment of our flight!!!

I had settled on:
3 nts Northolme (3 FN Certs exp. 8/31)
4 nts Labriz (4 FN certs exp. 8/31)
4 nts Digue (maybe split a nt to Praslin)
then fly to Reunion for 3 nts
then fly to Mauritius for 5 nts (5th nt free w/ pts)

Last edited by currid7; Mar 23, 2021 at 1:39 pm
Old Mar 23, 2021, 1:43 pm
Suspended

Are the Seychelles open for business?
Old Mar 23, 2021, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by winetravels
Are the Seychelles open for business?

Yes but are on the "Red List" so hotel quarantine required on return to the UK.
winetravels likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 3:47 pm

Thanks guys. I had our itinerary all settled and booked until Turkish Airlines cancelled the IST-SEZ segment of our flight!!!

I had settled on:
3 nts Northolme (3 FN Certs exp. 8/31)
4 nts Labriz (4 FN certs exp. 8/31)
4 nts Digue (maybe split a nt to Praslin)
then fly to Reunion for 3 nts
then fly to Mauritius for 5 nts (5th nt free w/ pts)
very nice trip, ive found labriz very generous with upgrades, if youre gold they will normally upgrade you to a beach from from garden, and mostly likely to one of the oasis villas, or if its really empty maybe even a beach front pool villa... you might get lucky with northolme too.. enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.