Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2010, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: SM PM, HH Gold, CO Plat, MR Silver
Arrow Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Received this on twitter/Facebook: Hilton management signed agreement for Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa. http://bit.ly/gqcfSB

Looking forward to returning to Seychelles!
Old Dec 23, 2010, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Jobless_In_Seattle
Received this on twitter/Facebook: Hilton management signed agreement for Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa. http://bit.ly/gqcfSB

Looking forward to returning to Seychelles!
This is great news! My dream honeymoon just got a lot dreamier
Old Dec 24, 2010, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Sweet! The press release sounds like this is an existing resort that is being refreshed for Hilton to take it over. Any info beyond the press release on what the property, site, etc. are currently like? And how far is it from the existing Hilton Seychelles?
Old Dec 24, 2010, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: SM PM, HH Gold, CO Plat, MR Silver
The hotel is an existing hotel, the Labriz Spa and Resort, I believe. You take either a helicopter from SEZ or a boat (30 min). Apparently you can see the island from Beau Vallon (sp?).
Old Dec 24, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Well according to one website, the island has no roads, just a small village inhabited by 150 humans who share it with 100,000 Aldabran giant tortoises. I don't know if the second number is a typo or not.
At any rate, not too many eating options off-resort, you'd be quite the captive. That situation sort of turns me off, but then again my last/only honeymoon was 34 years ago.

Last edited by Notenut; Dec 24, 2010 at 9:25 am
Old Dec 25, 2010, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Notenut
At any rate, not too many eating options off-resort, you'd be quite the captive. That situation sort of turns me off, but then again my last/only honeymoon was 34 years ago.
Agreeing about the captivity part but from the press release sounds like there will be some (decent?) options:

"Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa offers guests five outstanding dining areas with various international cuisines. Relaxation options and leisure facilities include a fitness center, spa, tennis court, swimming pool and water sports center featuring scuba diving, snorkeling, and fishing."
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by yashan
Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa offers guests five outstanding dining areas with various international cuisines.[/B]
It's like the Maldives. Great news--you're secluded and can rest without any distractions. Bad news--you're tied into getting meals at the hotel restaurants--at a hefty price.

That's the advantage of the original Seychelles Hilton on the main island of Mahe--a reasonable number of basic and fancy restaurants close by to choose from....
Old Jan 11, 2011, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Notenut
Well according to one website, the island has no roads, just a small village inhabited by 150 humans who share it with 100,000 Aldabran giant tortoises. I don't know if the second number is a typo or not.
That 100,000 figure does sound like it can't be right--Sounds more like the makings of a mock horror movie, The Attack of the Giant Tortoises.

I share your concern about the lack of off-site eating options (with the on-site ones doubtless quite expensive), though if the resort includes complimentary breakfasts for HH Diamonds and Golds it becomes more appealing and affordable. That fits our eating schedule on tropical vacations anyway, in that we tend to eat a late breakfast and then one meal later in the day.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 3:34 pm

The hotel is the only one on Labriz island, which can be both good and bad. The inter-island transfer might be quite expensive too, especially if you're transferring by helicopter. There are quite a few mixed reviews on Tripadvisor for the existing Labriz Silhouette: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...te_Island.html

http://www.labriz-seychelles.com/

I'd try to squeeze in more than just this island on a trip to the Seychelles - make sure you go to La Digue and Praslin too!
If I were to choose between Labriz, Northolme and a Seychelles catamaran cruise... well, I'd do the cruise, then Northolme

Last edited by nimenime; Jan 11, 2011 at 3:46 pm
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:34 am

Per hilton.com this hotel is a CAT 6 at 40K per night!!! ^^^

This looks to be BY FAR the best CAT 6 on the market right now.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by nimenime
I'd try to squeeze in more than just this island on a trip to the Seychelles - make sure you go to La Digue and Praslin too!
Fixin' to spend 8 days in MRU / SEZ. Was looking at dumping the last of my HHonors points (huzzah!) at the new Labriz property, but I'd very much like to see La Digue, Praslin, and others.

Any idea how difficult it is to visit La Digue for a day or two? Is it worth the time/expense?

Also, we're flying via MRU. Is it worth spending a few days there?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by belynch
Any idea how difficult it is to visit La Digue for a day or two? Is it worth the time/expense?
Praslin is an easy ferry ride from Mahe--just over one hour if I recall correctly. You then get another ferry from Pralin to La Digue--I believe it's just under one hour.

Prices for the ferries are reasonable--certanly much cheaper than flying.

It's DEFINITELY worth visiting both outlying islands.

Challenge is that accomodations on these islands is either very expensive luxury or less expensive and basic.

We did an overnight in each--and that was about right. Although it may be more judicious to spend one night on Praslin and two nights on La Digue--the beaches on the latter are among the most beautiful in the world.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by travelexpert
Praslin is an easy ferry ride from Mahe--just over one hour if I recall correctly. You then get another ferry from Pralin to La Digue--I believe it's just under one hour.
Thanks for the very helpful post. :-:
Old Mar 17, 2011, 7:03 am

Has this property undergone any significant refurb for the takeover, or is it basically the same as under the old management?
Old May 10, 2011, 8:39 am

Programs: Cathay Marco Polo, AF/KLM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, others
After Beach House Maldives and Conrad Maldives I'm looking forward to a Seychelles holiday. Nice to have the ability to combine two Hilton properties on two different islands. For those who have been to Praslin and La Digue: any suggestions on accommodations?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.