Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2011, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
A couple of questions for folks who've been to Labriz:

1. Anyone have access to the menus and/or more basically what the average cost per day might be to dine there, if breakfast is complimentary and excluding drinks? And more specifically, how much does the buffet cost?
2. Right now award availability is through late March 2012. Guesses on whether it simply hasn't loaded additional dates, or whether this portends upping the HH hotel level for this property?

Thanks for any info.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
A couple of questions for folks who've been to Labriz:

1. Anyone have access to the menus and/or more basically what the average cost per day might be to dine there, if breakfast is complimentary and excluding drinks? And more specifically, how much does the buffet cost?
2. Right now award availability is through late March 2012. Guesses on whether it simply hasn't loaded additional dates, or whether this portends upping the HH hotel level for this property?

Thanks for any info.
Would be interesting for me too as I am planning a holiday in March, too.

Don't want to spend thousands of $ additional for one week just for the dinner and drinks...

What would be the cheapest place to fly with BA (Comp voucher) to go on to Mahe?

Thanks
Chris
Old Jul 16, 2011, 2:54 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by ckone501
What would be the cheapest place to fly with BA (Comp voucher) to go on to Mahe?

Thanks
Chris
Shame BA don't fly to Mahe any more. Used to be the NBO flight would continue there. I think cheapest option would most likely be MRU and you could make it a two center. Other possibilities would be NBO or DXB. Maybe DOH too? Think Qatar may fly into SEZ
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ckone501
Would be interesting for me too as I am planning a holiday in March, too.

Don't want to spend thousands of $ additional for one week just for the dinner and drinks...

Thanks
Chris
Hey Chris,

I've started to look into connections myself and agree with ma91 that MRU (Mauritius) is the cheapest connection. But at least in my initial research, getting an award ticket to there (in J) can be very tough. Perhaps you'll have better luck.

I think in addition to the options ma91 mentions, Air Seychelles may fly from Johannesburg and Etihad may do (or may start to do so in coming months) from Abu Dhabi (sp?).

As for saving, if you're an HH Diamond (and perhaps a Gold?) you'll get free breakfasts.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 6:49 am

Programs: *A Gold, ST Gold; SPG Plat
FYI. Etihad starts Seychelles (from Abu Dhabi of course) 4 weekly from 11/02/11 according to this source:

http://airlineroute.net/2011/05/27/ey-sez-w11/

Caesar
Old Jul 18, 2011, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great to know, Caesar. Thanks for posting this!
Old Jul 18, 2011, 8:50 am

This is great news given by some point next year etihad will be an aa partner so potential to get to sez using aa miles
Old Jul 18, 2011, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I fully agree, ma91, though I'm under the optimistic impression that AA and EY are going to start allowing redemptions of each other's miles by the end of this year rather than sometime next year.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: OVER ENTITLED United 1K 2MM HHonors Diamond ICH Club Platinum Marriott Gold
Has anyone stayed here yet? Is it worth the ferry ride to spend 2 days here and 4 at Northlome?
Old Aug 7, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Gold
Well worth it

Originally Posted by sailanacra
Has anyone stayed here yet? Is it worth the ferry ride to spend 2 days here and 4 at Northlome?
I would say it is worth it to stay 2 days here...BUT...that really isn't enough time to enjoy the resort. I was here 6 nights and still felt like I didn't stay long enough. It's all in your perspective though. There is NOTHING on the island except this LaBriz. So if you want to get away from it all, this is the place to be. Otherwise, if you want to explore the main island, Mahe, then stay the entire time at Northolme. I did Northolme once for 8 nights...once again...could have stayed forever!
Old Aug 13, 2011, 6:29 am

Just got back from the Seychelles where we stayed in Meridien Fishermans Cove but wanted to provide some feedback on this hotel based on what we saw while we were out there.

First of all we did try to book a couple of nights here but our flight from Mauritius was getting in late (8pm) and there are no night-time transfers available. So something to keep in mind if you ever arrive here outside of daylight.

From our hotel we could see Silhouette island and it looks very big. In particular very "tall" it is quite mountaineous. To a previous poster saying this is like a Maldives type place it really isn't. This island is FAR bigger than anything in the Maldives. There is a small local population (I believe around 100 people) and while the hotel is the only accommodation it is not by any stretch the make-up of the whole island.

Getting from this property to La Digue would be quite a trip with a boat to Male, across Male to the ferry terminal, ferry to Praslin, another ferry to La Digue. So I would look into a private charter. We chartered a 30 foot boat for a one day (6 hour) trip from our hotel to Ile Therese, the Marine Park, and some fishing for 550 EUR. I would guess you could do similar from here one way and have your own boat to get to La Digue/Praslin which is probably about a 3 hour boat ride by my guess

At the price point this property looks an attractive use of points. I can certainly see a trip here combining this place with Northholme in my tea leaves
Old Aug 13, 2011, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW, award availability now extends past March into May (which is what I checked) and quite possibly longer. Still at cat 6 level.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
FWIW, award availability now extends past March into May (which is what I checked) and quite possibly longer. Still at cat 6 level.
I was looking at reward stays and saw this:
Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa
Rate details PREMIUM ROOM REWARD
PREMIUM ROOM REWARD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Room: KING PRESIDENTIAL VILLA
DATE Price per night TOTAL (EUR)
16 Feb 2012 1,188,897 points 1,188,897 points
17 Feb 2012 1,188,897 points 1,188,897 points
18 Feb 2012 1,188,897 points 1,188,897 points
19 Feb 2012 1,188,897 points 1,188,897 points
Room Subtotal: 4,755,588 points
Anybody have 4.7M HH points needing to be used?
Old Sep 13, 2011, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
I was looking at reward stays and saw this:

Anybody have 4.7M HH points needing to be used?
Pretty comical but my mouth does water after reading about the room and view.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 9:05 am

Programs: Relais & Châteaux
Hi all. I need an e-mail of Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa. Have searched everywhere, can anyone help?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.