Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 10:48 am

Hilton Labriz Seychelles Billing Practices

I have booked an upcoming stay. In conjunction with processing the payment (pre-paid rate), I received via email the following message from the hotel:

Please understand that at Hilton we have a policy to following when processing payments, whereby all charges are settled in Seychelles Rupees, however converted by use of the daily exchange rate.

In the case of your booking, please note that it is 201euros a night, but by using the daily exchange rate 1euros = 16.17scr; thus making a payment of 204.74euros.
The Seychelles is one of those places where they have their local currency, but business is commonly transacted in Euros. The hotel's official currency on hilton.com is shown as Euros, and prices are quoted by default in Euros.

Now, I'm not freaking out -- I can handle a few Euros here and there. And the charge that posted on my Reserve card (in USD) appears to translate to something closer to 203 EUR per night. But I'm just perplexed by this purported policy of converting from EUR to SCR (at a somewhat unfavorable rate) and then ostensibly BACK to EUR. Is it just me or does that email say little more than "You have a reservation at 201 EUR, but we'll be charging you 204.74 EUR."

Is this a normal practice that I should expect to see more of? I was hoping to at least make it to the hotel before being nickeled and dimed.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Daveyb101
I have booked an upcoming stay. In conjunction with processing the payment (pre-paid rate), I received via email the following message from the hotel:

The Seychelles is one of those places where they have their local currency, but business is commonly transacted in Euros. The hotel's official currency on hilton.com is shown as Euros, and prices are quoted by default in Euros.

Now, I'm not freaking out -- I can handle a few Euros here and there. And the charge that posted on my Reserve card (in USD) appears to translate to something closer to 203 EUR per night. But I'm just perplexed by this purported policy of converting from EUR to SCR (at a somewhat unfavorable rate) and then ostensibly BACK to EUR. Is it just me or does that email say little more than "You have a reservation at 201 EUR, but we'll be charging you 204.74 EUR."

Is this a normal practice that I should expect to see more of? I was hoping to at least make it to the hotel before being nickeled and dimed.
I believe there might be an issue with Seychelles law, or at least there was at some point that might explain some of this.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 2:46 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Which villa ?

Will be there in April and are wondering what villas would be the best for us:

We will be in an Oceanfront Villa für 7 nights and in a Deluxe Oceanfront Pool Villa for 6 days. As the Oceanfront Villas are spread out over the length of the beach, what would be the best location considering that:

- we'd like a villa which is close to the restaurants (so we can go to the bar at night and not be too far away if we hear our little daughter wake up over the babyphone)
- however, it should still be not too noisy
- we'd like a location where there is no (or not too much) granite in the water.

As there are not that many Deluxe Oceanfront Pool Villas, I guess there's not much difference between them.
Old May 5, 2014, 4:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
New Seychelles hotel (March 2011) - Hilton Silhouette Labriz

Just finished an amazing couple of days at the Northolme. But thus far, Labriz pre-check in and check in have been very disappointing for this diamond. Virtually no information or wrong information about the ferry times, no responses to emails, lost reservation, no estandby upgrade despite availability online, charged 95euros for ferry despite that the only reason i decided to stay 5 nights was because of that promotion, and despite it still showing online as free for five nights, etc. Let's hope it gets better on the island even though the room won't be as good.
Old May 5, 2014, 6:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
New Seychelles hotel (March 2011) - Hilton Silhouette Labriz

As suspected and hoped, things improved dramatically once arriving to the island. And the resort really is stunning. It has less of an intimate feel than Northolme (or Conrad Maldives) but the setting is spectacular, and you really feel like you are isolated from the world!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:36 am

Contacted the hotel to enquire about food prices and HB supplements. The supplement to go from BB to HB (i.e. to add in Dinner) is €60. I find this quite odd, as the cost of the mainstay buffet is €60, and cost of the most expensive starter-main-dessert combo at the other restaurants is ever so slightly under €60. Usually HB is at a discount to full price? So there is absolutely no point in HB supplement at this property, unless I'm missing something???
Old Feb 12, 2015, 12:39 pm

Can we use points to pay the folio charges (ferry + dinner) at this property? If so, can you provide me some details?
Old Feb 12, 2015, 7:17 pm

The ferry is free is your book at least 5 nights. Points cannot be used for dinner or ferry.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 8:11 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by seychellesbound
The ferry is free is your book at least 5 nights. Points cannot be used for dinner or ferry.
I contacted hotel and they are telling me there is a charge to / from island, even with 5 nights at hotel. They sent an e-mail months ago saying it was included. They are only giving island transfers for free. I'm going to cancel and change our Spring break to another hotel. We were looking forward to Seychelles but not only place in world to go.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 3:11 am

Programs: LH SEN , UA 1K, SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver, GHA Black
I am planing to stay there Feb 16.
So far. No free ferry for stays over 5 nights

Food upgrade for Diamond:
BB to HB( Breakfast & Dinner) : 60 Euro per person per night

BB to FB( Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) : 110 Euro per person per night

A bit steep for Diamond in my opinion
Old Jan 22, 2016, 5:01 pm
KRS

Any suggestion for which villa we should book for 5 days?
KING GARDEN VILLA to KING BEACHFRONT VILLA is approximately EUR 90 more per day; wondering whether to book the cheapest and hope for upgrade, or is the difference between the 2 too great to risk ending up in the KING GARDEN VILLA?
Old Jan 23, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by KRS
Any suggestion for which villa we should book for 5 days?
KING GARDEN VILLA to KING BEACHFRONT VILLA is approximately EUR 90 more per day; wondering whether to book the cheapest and hope for upgrade, or is the difference between the 2 too great to risk ending up in the KING GARDEN VILLA?
Nothing quite like being on that beautiful beach and ocean. I would do what I could to end up in a beach villa. Different experience than across the path on the garden side.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Any recent diamond experience? particularly interested in the upgrade...wonder if we should just hope for it (4nt) or pay for beachfront. Planning to travel mid March 2016, wonder if it is low season?
Old May 24, 2016, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by shihyin
Any recent diamond experience? particularly interested in the upgrade...wonder if we should just hope for it (4nt) or pay for beachfront. Planning to travel mid March 2016, wonder if it is low season?
I'm wondering the same thing, did you end up going in March?
Old May 26, 2016, 12:13 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Already stayed at the Hilton Northolme for 10 nights about 5 years ago.

Loved the Seychelles--but it's not easy getting there from Los Angeles.

Does the Labriz property offer a WOW unique experience, that would make it worth such a long flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.