Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:49 pm

I know that you should contact the Hilton in advance of your boat transfer from the Bel Ombre jetty (I saw 3 days notice somewhere) but is there any reason why you can’t just turn up at the jetty on the day and take matters from there?

I just want to keep my options open.

Palmer
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by Palmer
I know that you should contact the Hilton in advance of your boat transfer from the Bel Ombre jetty (I saw 3 days notice somewhere) but is there any reason why you can’t just turn up at the jetty on the day and take matters from there?

Palmer
You could run the risk of it being full and as far as I know it only operates three times a day. I will be there tomorrow so will update when I can.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by Brighterside
You could run the risk of it being full and as far as I know it only operates three times a day. I will be there tomorrow so will update when I can.
Thank you. Any idea of the cost? I’ve read €99, €125 and €145 per person, per return trip.

Palmer
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:14 am

Thank you. Any idea of the cost? I’ve read €99, €125 and €145 per person, per return trip.

Palmer
I read it as 145 Euros for a return per person if no airport transfer involved but will confirm after my arrival.
Palmer likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:54 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: SLH Indulged, M&M, SPG, IHG Elite, Hyatt Member
I read it as 145 Euros for a return per person if no airport transfer involved but will confirm after my arrival.
On my bill they quoted 3953.28 SCR which are about 294 USD. So 147 USD per person for a return ticket. (This was in March, the other prices you saw here are from before. They increased the price in the meantime.)

I remember having booked the to-ferry in advance, but on the return we only had to tell them one day in advance form the actual ride. The ferry was far from full both times.
Palmer likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:00 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: SLH Indulged, M&M, SPG, IHG Elite, Hyatt Member
Originally Posted by Neiltoo
Thinking about Labriz for a trip next year. I assume they won’t provide benefits if booked through a travel agent?
Good question. I booked via the Hilton website and received my immense Blue member benefits (actually not too bad). I guess if you would hypothetically book through a Virtuoso agent you'll "only" get the Virtuoso benefits. Other agents (that don't provide their own extras): no idea, but I would want to know as well.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 6:01 am

Palmer
Sorry about the delay - just enjoying my holiday - I asked at the reception desk today and they said that you could buy a day pass for approximately SCR 1500 which included a lunch, trasnfers and it had to be booked in advance. I have seen people arriving who obviously are not guests so whether a more informal arrangement could be made I don't know. Perhaps you can email either Hilton or La Belle Tortue Hotel (next to the jetty) to see what else could be possible. Hope that helps.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
When I was recently in Seychelles I just took out enough Rupees for my immediate needs from one of the several ATMs in the airport - in my case the one from Barclays Bank - and used only that currency throughout. ATMs are certainly all over the Mahé, every village will have at least one ATM. Prices were often quoted in Euros by local traders to visitors, but only on the basis that they would think it easier for to understand. I didn't want any excess Rupees left at the end so I just used ATMs little and often. Euros will be accepted by any tourist related trader (e.g. taxi drivers) though they may not be able to handle change except via Rupees; but it is better to use Rupees in local shops / supermarkets.
Haven't needed to use cash since we got here but changed some at the Hilton Labriz and got better rate than what we expected - gives us a little flexibility when we get to Praslin/La Digue and will just put any remainder towards the final hotel bill before leaving.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 11:34 am

Hope that helps.
Yes, thank you. Enjoy your holiday!

Palmer
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by lightwalker
Good question. I booked via the Hilton website and received my immense Blue member benefits (actually not too bad). I guess if you would hypothetically book through a Virtuoso agent you'll "only" get the Virtuoso benefits. Other agents (that don't provide their own extras): no idea, but I would want to know as well.
I contacted the hotel directly and received the following reply:

”Regarding Hilton Honors, unfortunately you will not receive points for your stay unless you book directly with Hilton. Nevertheless, we will of course recognise your status on-property, and you will receive a number of benefits during your stay with us.”
lightwalker likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
This property is worth having Hilton gold status for! I am diamond, but golds get the same breakfast as Diamonds and my wife and I ate at the (a la carte) Italian restaurant every morning instead of going to the buffet (where everyone else goes :x). The breakfast was amazing. i had the steak and eggs every day!! Delicious and the portion sizes were huge. Definitely stuffed ourselves and didnt really need to eat until dinner (saved on lunch and calories, win win). The service was amazing there as well.
Neiltoo and lightwalker like this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
This property is worth having Hilton gold status for! I am diamond, but golds get the same breakfast as Diamonds and my wife and I ate at the (a la carte) Italian restaurant every morning instead of going to the buffet (where everyone else goes :x). The breakfast was amazing. i had the steak and eggs every day!! Delicious and the portion sizes were huge. Definitely stuffed ourselves and didnt really need to eat until dinner (saved on lunch and calories, win win). The service was amazing there as well.
Good to know, thanks.
Given the sale just advertised it could pay to book direct anyway!
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by timo469
If available and no guarantee, but they do try to upgrade gold/diamond members. The hotel is fully booked at the moment, but we organized an upgrade prior to arrival. They do offer the possibility to guarantee an upgrade in advance with a supplemental payment.
No upgrade for me when I arrived. I’m a Diamond member. The App offered an upgrade from Beachview to Beachview with plunge pool for €0.00 per night, right up to check-in the day before. I accepted this on the App but obviously it was subject to availability on the day, which there wasn’t.

No mention of a free 15 minute massage when we were given the arrival talk as we headed from the jetty to our villa. In fact, no mention of the spa at all. Only saw it on the second day when we headed north along the beach. I suppose ‘Hilton Labriz Resort and Spa’ was a bit too difficult for me..!

I found the food pretty average. We’ve eaten in the Grann Kaz, the Portobello, the evening buffet at Café Dauban and the Fourth Degree. The Fourth Degree is next to the beach and good for a cocktail or two at sunset. The ‘Street Food’ buffet at Café Dauban on Friday evening was very popular, although comical at £58 per head. Bar Lo Brizan has a happy hour, daily, between 9:00 pm and 11:00 pm, with selected drinks half price.

The beach is stunning. It doesn’t seem to get busy and the waters edge is just feet away from the villa. We did some snorkelling over the reef and had a stroll after dark along the beach to appreciate the night sky.

Overall, a relaxing and enjoyable break. We’re happy!

Palmer

Last edited by Palmer; Jun 18, 2018 at 6:36 am
Old Jun 19, 2018, 5:05 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Debating between this hotel and the other Hilton (Northolme Hillside resort) on Mahe. Likely booking on HH points, and same rate at each. Diamond member, Is this property significantly better than that one? Reasons I am currently leaning towards Northolme include:

- easy to get to from SEZ without worrying about domestic flights / ferry
- standard award rooms seem to be water view at Northolme, while here getting a water view would be at the mercy of a diamond upgrade

Not really into hard core water sports / snorkelling, diving etc, but looking for good F&B, spa and love to relax and look at the ocean, rather than be in it!

Thoughts on which hotel to pick?

Thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Debating between this hotel and the other Hilton (Northolme Hillside resort) on Mahe. Likely booking on HH points, and same rate at each. Diamond member, Is this property significantly better than that one? Reasons I am currently leaning towards Northolme include:

- easy to get to from SEZ without worrying about domestic flights / ferry
- standard award rooms seem to be water view at Northolme, while here getting a water view would be at the mercy of a diamond upgrade

Not really into hard core water sports / snorkelling, diving etc, but looking for good F&B, spa and love to relax and look at the ocean, rather than be in it!

Thoughts on which hotel to pick?

Thanks!
Was in the same boat last year trying to decide which resort to stay in. Very glad to have picked Labriz. Amazing beach and ocean imo. Can do some hiking to other areas and see some amazing views as well. I was upgraded to the 1st beachfront villa (on the opposite end of the island, or nearest of the resort entrance/exit) and it was an amazing spot. Very private and huge beach all to ourselves basically since no one next to us on one side. Also, rates for Labriz should be cheaper than Northolome as well both pts and/or cash wise. I thought the food was okay. Thought their room service food was much better than the restaurants haha. Not a place for you if you want to venture out of resort since youre pretty much stuck on the island until you leave!

I have been to bora bora (IC Thalasso) and (Park hyatt) maldives and thought that seychelles labriz was comparable, and a GREAT bargain when comparing the costs. I mean Labriz doesnt have OWB but i truly think not booking into at least a beachfront villa defeats the purpose of going there. I mean at high tide youre basically in an OWB!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.