Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2023, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Wizard_of_OZ
Just stayed here as a Diamond on an award stay. Got upgraded from Garden to Beach Villa (originally offered as paid upgrade but then they said it was complimentary). Free breakfast was great as others have said. Got a coupon book with things like: free bike rental, free snorkel set rental, 20% off laundry, free rum tasting, 15% off spa treatment, romantic bath experience etc. In general felt well treated and had a great time. One note is that the activity list they send out doesn't include the diving and snorkeling (have to go to the dive shop for that).
This is great information - thanks for sharing.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by Joroy70
I'm going to Seychelles next year, what is the best one over there?
I've been trying to figure that out for months and still can't get a consensus. If there were 1,000 different hotels, it seems you'd get 1,000 different opinions when it comes to the Seychelles.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 4:48 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by tangey
I see "Two-way coach boat transfer at Euro 165 per adult"

Where does the coach take you from/to is it from/to the silhouette island ferry berth to/from the hotel ?
Got email regarding our March stay. Boat transfer is now €225 per person. Helicopter is €743 per way, I assume that's not p.p.

Our arrival time is a bit crappy, meaning too late for the 10am boat, and will have to wait 4-5hrs for the 4pm boat. If you do the helicopter out, boat back, do they then charge boat at 50% ?

How long is the boat journey ?
Old Feb 3, 2024, 12:32 am

Got email regarding our March stay. Boat transfer is now €225 per person. Helicopter is €743 per way, I assume that's not p.p.

Our arrival time is a bit crappy, meaning too late for the 10am boat, and will have to wait 4-5hrs for the 4pm boat. If you do the helicopter out, boat back, do they then charge boat at 50% ?

Boat is about 35-45 minutes but usually leaves 5-10 late based on my experience last week.

I think if you organise the Heli transfer through them then they will only charge 50% boat.

You are correct the Heli transfer is total. I enquired directly with ZilAir last week and got the following info which may be helpful:

Aircraft Variant: H120 helicopterFlight Route & Timing: Silhouette Labriz to Zil Air Mahe Applicable Rate: 743 Euros per way **Rate quoted is per Private Charter and not per person**

Available Payload (Pax & Luggage):Our H-120 Helicopter accommodates up to 4 passengers and the total payload should not exceed 325KG. **Kindly be advised Zil Air operates small aircrafts and helicopters that are weight sensitive. Soft luggage is recommended, ideally not weighing more than 23kg per piece, and limited to one piece per guest. Do note that passengers and luggage will be weighed upon check in, to ensure you are within the Total Payload provided**

Land Transfers:Zil Air provides complimentary transfers to and from Seychelles International Airport and our Lounge, on Mahe only.Alternatively, please indicate if you require additional taxi services as we can provide land transfers anywhere on Mahe at additional 60 euro per way. We will require a valid credit card to process payment prior to the driver picking you up. Check in Times: Guests are required to check in 45 minutes before a flight. Zil Air flights for guests arriving via international schedule flights are planned to depart 1 hour and 30 minutes after the respective arrival time. Please note that all guests will be required to provide positive identification in the form of either a Passport or an ID Document at check-in.
​​​​
Happy to answer any other questions you have about the resort as well. We upgraded to a Deluxe Beachfront Villa (409) which was well worth it with the private pool and huge tub. Felt like a mini WA Maldives
​​​​​​​
tangey likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by newEUer
Happy to answer any other questions you have about the resort as well. We upgraded to a Deluxe Beachfront Villa (409) which was well worth it with the private pool and huge tub. Felt like a mini WA Maldives
​​​​​​​How much did the upgrade cost?
Old Feb 4, 2024, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by Fly613
How much did the upgrade cost?
I was originally booked in a Beachfront Villa, which I would definitely recommend at a minimum for this property. I was offered these after enquiring for villas with pools:

​​​​​​​In regard to villa upgrade, I can offer you discounted rates as below,(subjected to availability)
125 euro per night - Beach front plunge pool villa (pool in back of villa)
​​​​​​​350 euro per night- Deluxe beach front pool villa( pool facing to beach, attached bicycles ,villa is bigger than all other villas)
​​​​​
tangey and Fly613 like this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 8:49 am

Having replied to the resort with my flight details and my assumption that an 8:30am arrival time would be too close for the 10AM boat and hence requested the 4PM boat, they have responded that I'll be OK for the 10AM and have booked us on that.

On a separate note, I see that the SEZ gov visa application now allows you to do the process a little further out than before. My arrival is 21st March, and I was able to do the visa thing on the 21st of Feb.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 4:05 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Having replied to the resort with my flight details and my assumption that an 8:30am arrival time would be too close for the 10AM boat and hence requested the 4PM boat, they have responded that I'll be OK for the 10AM and have booked us on that.

On a separate note, I see that the SEZ gov visa application now allows you to do the process a little further out than before. My arrival is 21st March, and I was able to do the visa thing on the 21st of Feb.
are you arriving on qatar? I was wondering the same thing in regards to boat timing. if so good to know.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by exmike
are you arriving on qatar? I was wondering the same thing in regards to boat timing. if so good to know.
Yes, seems like tight timings, but they should be well used to transfers from the various international arrivals.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 8:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Any recent stays at this resort? Thinking of doing 7 nights at the end of August, and want to see if a) it's worth it and b) if 7 nights is too much time. Thanks in advance for any insights.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 8:19 am

how was your recent stay?
Old Apr 15, 2024, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by david119h
Any recent stays at this resort? Thinking of doing 7 nights at the end of August, and want to see if a) it's worth it and b) if 7 nights is too much time. Thanks in advance for any insights.
Depends what you're looking for. 7 nights is a lot but if you just want to hang out then it'll be nice. For that amount of time I'd recommend staying on another island too. (Praslin is great and the Constance hotel excellent)
david119h likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by david119h
how was your recent stay?
We enjoyed our 5 nights there mid March, we then went to Northholme for 5 nights and enjoyed that too, but overall thought Labriz was better. I wouldn't described it as luxuriously high end, but everything was done to at least a reasonably good standard.

Arranged for the hotel to lift us at the airport. I thought our timings were quite tight, But the airport "terminal" is very small, and once off the plane, we were meeting the taxi guy no more than 15 mins later, and the journey from airport to their jetty/lounge was only 20-25 mins, and we had about a 20 min wait for the boat.Boat over only had 15-20 on board, and some of those were workers about 10 or so guests I reckon. Journey over was rough with the boating hitting the water quite hard and a few were sick, but it didn't both either of us and neither of us would be used to boats. Boat back was much calmer, it obviously depends on the weather.

As we landed on the island around 11am, room wasn't ready, and at this stage we had been travelling from the house about 24hrs so the wait for the room (couple of hrs) seemed to take a long time. Virtually all the buildings on the island except the villas are oper-air, so no A/C, so it was a warm wait in the bar area.

It is a definite beach resort vibe, quite laid back. Beach villa is definitely better than the garden villa (we got the upgrade as a diamond). Beach villas have a veranda out the back with chairs and loungers, a small semi-private area with a hammock,that leads onto the beach. As far as I could tell, except in the common areas, only the people staying in the beach villas had the beach beds, which you pulled out from beside the hammock, out onto the beach, and then pulled them in, in the evening. So although the beach is open, you effectively have about 10-15 meters of the beach to youself, save for the odd time people are strolling along the water front.

Water lovely and warm, and other than the first day when it was a little rough, you could walk out a good 20 metres of so. Be aware that out there it can switch from sand to jagged rock under foot very quickly, so would strongly advise some reef shoes. There is a pool in the central communal area, but we never tried it. Temp wise, it didn't get below 23c even at night. We had some rain, but mostly it was good weather.

On Diamond points, we had breakfast either in the buffer area or Portabello, which was an enclosed A/Ced area, and the 3 mornings we used it, it was quite quiet and definitely not overly busy so good service. The buffet had a good range of food, but there are some midges and flies to deal with.

At evening time we ate in the buffet once, and ate in the bar area the rest of time, we aren't really foodies, so didn't try any of the restaurants. Drinks are expensive (around £16 for a cocktail as far as I remember), measure is 30ml. Didn't fancy the local beer which was the only beer on tap. A very well kept secret is that there is a happy hr from 5-6 in the main breeze bar. I never saw anything about it mentioned anywhere. I only asked because as Diamond you get a voucher for 1 day of all-day happy hour, so I assumed there must be an actually happy hr too. Drinks all 50% during that time. Breeze bar had some low-key live music many of the evenings, I think from 8-10pm.

There is an OK gym with some technogym machines and free weights. There are trails you can walk if that's your thing. But we just lazed for the 5 days, Having breakfast, back to villa, then out for 3-4 hrs on the beach/veranda, then rest, then down for some early evening food and some drinks.

Internet isn't great on the island, ok for a bit of whatsapp vid calling, but really not good enough to stream netflix or whatever. Thankfully I'd downloaded a few things onto the laptop in advance. All the English language channels on the TV are news channels. TV isn't smart so you can't cast to it.

Other than going to the Buffet, you never seen a major gather-up of people and so it had a nice relaxed vibe. Some families there but no major noise or anything. Staff were universally friendly and well trained.

Also arranged for Labriz to have a taxi waiting for us once off the boat to take us to Northholme. Could have saved maybe £30 or so on the two taxis by booking it ourselves, but the convenience of having it done by the hotel seemed worth it.

7 nights too much...depends, there are some boats based trips you can do, apparently they are some decent trails to walk, or if you are happy doing nothing then it'll be good too. Personally I felt the 5 nights was good for us, but everyone is different. Initially we were booked for 10 nights here, but given we had a flight back to AUH and then onward from there after a 5 hr layover, I felt adding on the boat back to the main island on top of that was going to be a lot. You kinda put up with that level of journey when you are going TO somewhere, more than when you are going home. So put the 2nd 5 nights into Northolme instead, which is a different type of vibe.

Last edited by tangey; Apr 16, 2024 at 5:45 am
Old Apr 16, 2024, 5:36 am

Thanks for the detailed review. Much appreciated!
Old Apr 16, 2024, 5:37 am

We enjoyed our 5 nights there mid March, we then went to Northholme for 5 nights and enjoyed that too, but overall thought Labriz was better. I wouldn't described it as luxuriously high end, but everything was done to at least a reasonably good standard.

Arranged for the hotel to lift us at the airport. I thought our timings were quite tight, But the airport "terminal" is very small, and once off the plane, we were meeting the taxi guy no more than 15 mins later, and the journey from airport to their jetty/lounge was only 20-25 mins, and we had about a 20 min wait for the boat.Boat over only had 15-20 on board, and some of those were workers about 10 or so guests I reckon. Journey over was rough with the boating hitting the water quite hard and a few were sick, but it didn't both either of us and neither of us would be used to boats. Boat back was much calmer, it obviously depends on the weather.

As we landed on the island around 11am, room wasn't ready, and at this stage we had been travelling from the house about 24hrs so the wait for the room (couple of hrs) seemed to take a long time. Virtually all the buildings on the island except the villas are oper-air, so no A/C, so it was a warm wait in the bar area.

It is a definite beach resort vibe, quite laid back. Beach villa is definitely better than the garden villa (we got the upgrade as a diamond). Beach villas have a veranda out the back with chairs and loungers, a small semi-private area with a hammock,that leads onto the beach. As far as I could tell, except in the common areas, only the people staying in the beach villas had the beach beds, which you pulled out from beside the hammock, out onto the beach, and then pulled them in, in the evening. So although the beach is open, you effectively have about 10-15 meters of the beach to youself, save for the odd time people are strolling along the water front.

Water lovely and warm, and other than the first day when it was a little rough, you could walk out a good 20 metres of so. Be aware that out there it can switch from sand to jagged rock under foot very quickly, so would strongly advise some reef shoes. There is a pool in the central communal area, but we never tried it. Temp wise, it didn't get below 23c even at night. We had some rain, but mostly it was good weather.

On Diamond points, we had breakfast either in the buffer area or Portabello, which was an enclosed A/Ced area, and the 3 mornings we used it, it was quite quiet and definitely not overly busy so good service. The buffet had a good range of food, but there are some midges and flies to deal with.

At evening time we ate in the buffet once, and ate in the bar area the rest of time, we aren't really foodies, so didn't try any of the restaurants. Drinks are expensive (around £16 for a cocktail as far as I remember), measure is 30ml. Didn't fancy the local beer which was the only beer on tap. A very well kept secret is that there is a happy hr from 5-6 in the main breeze bar. I never saw anything about it mentioned anywhere. I only asked because as Diamond you get a voucher for 1 day of all-day happy hour, so I assumed there must be an actually happy hr too. Drinks all 50% during that time. Breeze bar had some low-key live music many of the evenings, I think from 8-10pm.

There is an OK gym with some technogym machines and free weights. There are trails you can walk if that's your thing. But we just lazed for the 5 days, Having breakfast, back to villa, then out for 3-4 hrs on the beach/veranda, then rest, then down for some early evening food and some drinks.

Other than going to the Buffet, you never seen a major gather-up of people and so it had a nice relaxed vibe. Some families there but no major noise or anything. Staff were universally friendly and well trained.

Also arranged for Labriz to have a taxi waiting for us once off the boat to take us to Northholme. Could have saved maybe £30 or so on the two taxis by booking it ourselves, but the convenience of having it done by the hotel seemed worth it.

7 nights too much...depends, there are some boats based trips you can do, apparently they are some decent trails to walk, or if you are happy doing nothing then it'll be good too. Personally I felt the 5 nights was good for us, but everyone is different.
Thanks for the detailed review. Much appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.