Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2022, 6:20 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Is 3 nights at the Labriz enough? I originally booked 5 there and 7 at the LXR but now I really want to go to Praslin. Has anyone done all three islands?
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by myeurocrush
Is 3 nights at the Labriz enough? I originally booked 5 there and 7 at the LXR but now I really want to go to Praslin. Has anyone done all three islands?
Yeah, I think 3 nights is enough. My sweet spot would probably be 4 nights, but 3 is enough to get there, relax, and see the place. I'd trade a couple of nights at Labriz to visit another island, though it also depends on the type of traveler you are. I love to sit and relax, but after several days I start to get antsy.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 3:18 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Originally Posted by coolbeans202
Yeah, I think 3 nights is enough. My sweet spot would probably be 4 nights, but 3 is enough to get there, relax, and see the place. I'd trade a couple of nights at Labriz to visit another island, though it also depends on the type of traveler you are. I love to sit and relax, but after several days I start to get antsy.
thanks. I’m having such a hard time figuring out how to split my trip. Did you go to La Digue/Praslin? Worth it? I like to relax but I also don’t want to miss anything because 🙈. Now I’m thinking 5 nights Labriz - 3 mango house 1 - la digue -3 Praslin.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 3:26 am

thanks. I’m having such a hard time figuring out how to split my trip. Did you go to La Digue/Praslin? Worth it? I like to relax but I also don’t want to miss anything because 🙈. Now I’m thinking 5 nights Labriz - 3 mango house 1 - la digue -3 Praslin.
really depends what you're after. Personally I really enjoyed Labriz and stayed there 10 nights - took it slow, did hikes, enjoyed sitting by the pool / beach.
I also get sea sick very quickly, even on calm waters, so I wasnt interested in a long boat ride to la digue and praslin.
So while I really enjoyed my time at Labriz, I may have missed on other stuff :-)
Old Feb 9, 2022, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by coolbeans202
Yeah, I think 3 nights is enough..
3 seems to short to me for any hotel, but i travel as a family of 3... the first day is check in day, the last day is check out day... so you've only got one full day... personally 5 days would be my minimum when you factor in the faffing..
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I think Praslin and La Digue are worth it, but it really depends on how you like to travel. I love relaxing on a beach, but I also tend to get bored after a bit. If I were to go back (for what would be my third trip), based on what you outlined I would probably trade one night at Labriz for an extra night on La Digue. But I really want to stress that I like to keep it moving, and my style of travel isn't for everybody. <

For reference, my first trip was in 2013 and we did 4 nights on Mahe (at the Hilton Northolm but had a rental car), 3 nights on Praslin, and 1 night on La Digue. The second trip was in 2019 and we did 3 nights on Mahe at an AirBnB (there were 4 of us), and 3 nights at Labriz.

Originally Posted by Fly613
I also get sea sick very quickly, even on calm waters, so I wasnt interested in a long boat ride to la digue and praslin.
I don't know if it's still a thing but we missed our ferry to Praslin and ended up having to buy a walkup ticket on Air Seychelles to Praslin. It was only like $100 for a 20 minute flight and ended up being the best "mistake" we made.
myeurocrush likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Praslin and La Digue are definitely worth it but as everyone else has said it very much depends on how you like to travel and what you want to get out of the trip. If you're only spending one night on La Digue spend the first day at Anse Source d'argent because it's at its best in the late afternoon when all the day trippers have left. There are other beaches on La Digue but that's the one people seem to be interested in with limited time. Praslin is a very decent size so you can visit different beaches, do some walks, take a boat trip etc

If you like walking then you'll be able to fill a 5 night stay on Labriz as there are two decent walks that will fill a couple of days.

I don't know if the boats are running more frequently again but for the journey back to the mainland you're probably much better off flying, unless you have lots of luggage, as the flights are so regular.

Bob
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:02 pm

We went in 2007. Stayed 2 nights at Hilton Northolme (wish it was still 40K night redemption!), 2 nights on Praslin and 3 nights on La Digue. Our favorite beach was on Praslin, but our favorite overall island was La Digue by a mile. Trying to decide if want to go back to Sez or Maldives. If Sez, definitely going to stay at Labriz as it more compares to La Digue but with less people.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Anyone have issues paying with Amex at Labriz lately? I'm visiting both Labriz and Mango House, and I know that Mango House continues to have issues and is unable to process Amex. We have quite a few credits we need to use on Hilton Amex cards, so need to be sure that it works at Labriz. Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2022, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by glocklt4
Anyone have issues paying with Amex at Labriz lately? I'm visiting both Labriz and Mango House, and I know that Mango House continues to have issues and is unable to process Amex. We have quite a few credits we need to use on Hilton Amex cards, so need to be sure that it works at Labriz. Thanks!
I was there a little over one year ago and had no issue using Amex to pay for the room (at that point Mango House was having problems). After we checked out and paid with Amex, I tried paying our lunch tab with an Amex and they did not accept it, but that was no big deal.
glocklt4 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Curious if anyone that has stayed recently (past few months) has any updates or recent experience with Diamond upgrades? Have a 5 night reservation coming up in a few weeks and still shows Garden Villa. We got upgraded to a garden villa with pool 5 years ago when we were there and I was only Gold at the time. Now double Diamonds.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 1:45 pm

First time in five visits that we did NOT get the complimentary upgrade to Beach villa during our stay last year, so I would not count on this property being a guaranteed Diamond upgrade anymore FWIW.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by seychellesbound
First time in five visits that we did NOT get the complimentary upgrade to Beach villa during our stay last year, so I would not count on this property being a guaranteed Diamond upgrade anymore FWIW.
Was the resort a full capacity while you were there?
Old Sep 27, 2022, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by seychellesbound
Ouch.. this would really put a damper on my stay... the garden villas arent great IMHO.... were there paid upgrades available or was the place full up?
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by babyg_wc
Ouch.. this would really put a damper on my stay... the garden villas arent great IMHO.... were there paid upgrades available or was the place full up?
The place was full-up and during COVID. Cat is out the bag on this property and Seychelles in general...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.