Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Originally Posted by seychellesbound
Was also there in late August as a returning Diamond and was upgraded to a Beach Villa, very near the Beach Pool Villas. Service and treatment were top notch. Don't forget to find the Champagne at breakfast....they tend to hide it!
Do they serve real Champagne or only sparkling wine?
Old Feb 27, 2017, 6:55 pm

I can't be for certain but when it's free I don't care..
Cat88L3 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: United, AA, Hilton
Beach Villa worth it?

Is the Beach Villa worth it to upgrade to?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:58 pm

YES. You will not have the same experience in a Hillside Villa.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Im looking at a six night stay for about 400k points. What should i budget for food given the captive nature of the resort?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:33 pm

You should budget $100 - $150 per day without alcohol. Buy some Takamaka Rum on Mahe and some coke to save $$$. Drinks are definitely not worth the markup.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by seychellesbound
YES. You will not have the same experience in a Hillside Villa.
I booked a beachfront villa for the HM. Do you know how those are? And has anyone gotten room upgrades?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:09 am

The beachfront villas are an excellent room type. Only better rooms would be the Beach Pool Villa or Presidential Villa
Old Jun 17, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
Hi All,

Any recent experiences in the last couple months? We will be staying here June 24 to 30.

Thanks,

Timo
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:12 am

Hi All,

I am here now and can say that I am very impressed with the treatment of Hilton Elite Members.

Gold and Diamond members are given the following benefits:

1. Free Breakfast at A'la Carte Italian Restaurant. Much better option versus other restaurants including Steak and Eggs. They do also provide a sparkling wine for those that like that in the morning.

2. Bicycle rentals are free for the whole day versus only one hour without gold/diamond status.

3. Gold and Diamond members are given a free 15 minute message in the spa.

4. If available and no guarantee, but they do try to upgrade gold/diamond members. The hotel is fully booked at the moment, but we organized an upgrade prior to arrival. They do offer the possibility to guarantee an upgrade in advance with a supplemental payment.

Overall, we very much like the resort. The items we appreciate thus far include:

1. Great beachfront rooms with view of the ocean though someone keeps on stealing our sun loungers during the day (much better than garden view and worth the extra price).

2. Kids eat free under 6 years old from the kids menu.

3. We did the Hike to Anse Mendun today. It was nice, but much more difficult than advertised. It was mentioned to take around 1.5 hours and not difficult and yet took over 2 hours on the way there. The beach there was nice as was the fact that we were alone. I feel the hotel charges for hikes is a bit steep and overpriced.

4. Good kids club. The kids club, while not the level of Conrad Maldives is adequate and nice.

5. Bikes. We love being able to bike with our son around the hotel area and the village just before the hotel.

Overall, we are very happy with our stay. The food it a bit expensive, but that is normal when on an island. We had the grilled fish with 2 sides today at La Pizzeria (they close at 5pm) and it was around 28 euros including tax and service. I found this reasonable. The water is around 5 euros though water at the grocery store in Victoria is 1 euro a liter, so still reasonable. 1 liter per person is provided free of charge in the room.

If you are expecting the ultra Luxury of the Conrad Maldives, you will not find it here. The service levels and finishings are a level below that. If you want to be in a location with a beautiful beach, great jungle, and a bit more down to earth, this this is a great resort. Rooms at the Seychelles Labriz go for around 300 euros a night, versus over 1,000 euros a night in the Maldives, thus expectations on finishings and inclusions should match.

Happy to ask any questions to management or provide any additional details that could help someone planning on visiting the Hilton Labriz, as we have another 4 nights to go on our stay.

Kind Regards,

Timo
alp67 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
I am planning a trip for this November. We will have 5 full days to split our time. I am thinking 2 or 3 days in Mahe and 2 or 3 days in Praslin or Silhouette. R/T boat transfers to Silhouette for 2 adults and a child should be around $350. R/T airfares to Praslin seems about the same.

Is Silhouette beach as nice those in the magazines which seems to be from Praslin/La Digue? It would be nice to stay at Labriz but for those who’s been to both Praslin and Silhouette, which island will you choose?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, HHonors, SPG, Marriott
I've booked a King Beachfront Villa but hoping to get upgraded. In advance, are there any specific rooms/wings that I should be asking for that you would recommend?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:36 am

The only room better than the beachfront villa is the beachfront pool villa. No special wing is better as they are all in a row along the far end of the beach. The further away would have a bit more privacy but you are further away.

I have been to Praslin and Silhouette, I find both to be great, Praslin has a bit more WOW factor but too many people for me, which is why I prefer Silhouette.

Cheers,

Timo
Old Oct 24, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan, HHonors, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by timo469
The only room better than the beachfront villa is the beachfront pool villa. No special wing is better as they are all in a row along the far end of the beach. The further away would have a bit more privacy but you are further away.

I have been to Praslin and Silhouette, I find both to be great, Praslin has a bit more WOW factor but too many people for me, which is why I prefer Silhouette.

Cheers,

Timo
Thanks Timo. I'll make the request and we'll see what happens!
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Can anyone comment on the ability to pay for upgrades at this property when making original booking with points (similar to what Conrad Maldives offers).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.