Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2012, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Free snorkels?

A few questions re snorkels at the hotel:

1. Does the hotel provide free snorkels to guests?
2. If not, about what is the charge?
3. In either event, are the snorkels of decent quality?

FWIW, I'm an HH Diamond if that makes any difference and we have our own that we could bring if necessary, though we'd rather not pack them.

Thanks for any help!
Old May 5, 2012, 7:26 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Love the pics suvuk. I especially love the bathtub.

I have lots of honors points to burn for my honeymoon. I think I'm torn between this hotel and the Conrad Maldives. Never been to any of these places. Can anyone suggest which might be better for a honeymoon?

Does anyone know if it's difficult to get a cash upgrade at the Labriz and how much that may cost for a beachfront or beachfront pool villa? I am not a diamond. Also how are the prices for food, spa and activities compared to those at Conrad Maldives? Thx.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Silver; BA Amex PP; Accor Plat
Eating options at the Labriz?

We are looking to book a week in the Labriz as part of our honeymoon in the Seychelles. Our travel agent had us in on a Dinner Bed and Breakfast rate, but we can be far more competitive booking this one direct.

The difference between the rate with dinner of without is £120/night (total, not each). I'm presuming the prices are quite high but would we likely spend a significant amount more than this on dinner for two? Also does anyone know whether this rate includes all restaurants, or just a few? Does that include any alcohol etc? I've looked online but no menus or prices that I can see. Or indeed any detail of what the rate really includes.

The reason for asking is we can book via Expedia earning 12% cashback which is obviously a big discount. However expedia don't do the rate including the dinner, so I need to ensure that the saving doesn't get more than swallowed (pun intended ) by the additional cost of paying for dinner separately. There is a pizzeria and a "cafe" - surely we can eat a little bit more cheaply at least some of the time??!

I'm aware that booking through Expedia won't earn us points, but I've kind of resigned myself to that and we rarely stay in chain hotels anyway!

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
We were at Labriz in May. It's great!

I really can't address your specific questions about what the extra 120 GBP would or would not include. You might ask your travel agent and/or write to the hotel directly to ask about that. There should be an email address at the hotel website. Even if the travel agent tells you something, though, make sure to get it in writing and have the hotel confirm it.

You also might ask the hotel to email you the menus for its restaurants. They might well have PDFs or links for them.

You seem to be focusing on dinners, but breakfast could be expensive there. They only offer a buffet. We had it included by virtue of my Hilton Honors status, but it wouldn't surprise me if they charge 40 or 50 GBP per day (or conceivably even more) for the two of you. Again, you might want to ask about this.

Labriz is indeed expensive, but even if breakfast is 50 GBP per day you can probably spend less than the remaining 70 GBP for dinner if you just order room service or eat at the places near the pool. But I'd say your still looking at 40 or 50 GBP per day.

Two more suggestions:

1. Definitely write ahead to the hotel to let them know that this is your honeymoon and to very politely request a complimentary upgrade to a beach villa (as opposed to a garden villa) if possible. It can't hurt to ask.
2. To save some money on drinks, you can buy wine and liquor duty free either before your flight or even upon arrival in the Seychelles. (You'll see the duty free shop there right by immigration.) If you search online, you'll find that the country as pretty liberal alcohol allowance. You also can brink some easy-to-pack snacks such as nuts and dried fruit if you're so inclined.

Anyway, have a great honeymoon!
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
We were at Labriz in May. It's great!
Hope you are having fun!!! Try to get some iPhone snaps of the menu and post it for us. How is the weather looking? Go Diving?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Hope you are having fun!!! Try to get some iPhone snaps of the menu and post it for us. How is the weather looking? Go Diving?
Sorry, we had a ball, but it was back in May. So no menu snaps to share.

No diving, but good snorkeling. Weather was fine, on balance. I'll post a review when I have a chance, but have been busy with work and travel since coming back.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: A few
Sorry, we had a ball, but it was back in May. So no menu snaps to share.

No diving, but good snorkeling. Weather was fine, on balance. I'll post a review when I have a chance, but have been busy with work and travel since coming back.
D'oh sorry I read "now" not "May" in your first post!

Look forward to the details. Seychelles has really variable weather. When it's beautiful, it's really beautiful, but it tends to get a lot of really patchy weather outside the peak season of late Winter/early Spring
Old Jul 18, 2012, 3:24 pm

Thunderroad, thanks for your reply. The price difference of £120 does only apply to dinner as breakfast was included in both. That sounds good that you think we can eat for a bit less than that though. Duty free is already on the agenda As it turns out, I've discovered Expedia do in fact do the D, B&B rate so can get the cashback on both! But that's a good idea to see if the hotel have PDFs, a that would give me a fair idea of what is better value.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
D'oh sorry I read "now" not "May" in your first post!

Look forward to the details. Seychelles has really variable weather. When it's beautiful, it's really beautiful, but it tends to get a lot of really patchy weather outside the peak season of late Winter/early Spring
And indeed it was a bit variable when we were there. But on balance, fine.

Originally Posted by FlyingNelly
Thunderroad, thanks for your reply. The price difference of £120 does only apply to dinner as breakfast was included in both. That sounds good that you think we can eat for a bit less than that though. Duty free is already on the agenda As it turns out, I've discovered Expedia do in fact do the D, B&B rate so can get the cashback on both! But that's a good idea to see if the hotel have PDFs, a that would give me a fair idea of what is better value.
Oh, if it only applies to dinner, than that makes it a much easier call. I'd suggest foregoing paying the extra 120 GBP and just figuring out what you want to do for dinner day by day. But by all means try to get the menu PDFs if you can, including for the restaurants by the pool.

PS: Also, find out whether your rate includes the boat transfer from the main island of Mahe and back. And if it does include that rate, bring a print-out indicating such. I don't recall the exact price, but the transfer is rather expensive: perhaps 70 GBP or more per person round trip for about a 30 minute ride.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 2:52 am

No unfortunately doesn't include the boat. It's €125 return each. Rather more than the ferries we took in Thailand!!

Can I ask a more general Seychelles question? If we wanted to climb some if the hills/do nature trails etc, do you know if good stout trainers are ok or if hiking boots might be needed? As we are going in January the weather might be iffy and we want to make sure we are prepared for alternative activities!!
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I assume you do know that January is the wettest month in the Seychelles. As noted upthread, weather can be variable any time of year but January is when you're most likely to get the most rain. Here's a relevant climate chart for the country:

http://www.seychelles.climatemps.com/#en-table

I hate broaching this topic, but might you want to go to a different country where you're more assured of good weather in January or (far less likely, I know) move your honeymoon back a month or two?

In any event, you might want to post on a relevant forum on a site such as tripadvisor.com to get more specific advice about what the weather is likely to be like in January. If folks still say that you'll likely get good periods of sunshine and without rain, despite the overall precipitation levels, great.

As for your footwear question: If what you have in mind is just easy hiking with limited up and down, then trainers (which I interpret to mean regular athletic shoes) should do. There are walks of about 30-45 minutes each way from the hotel, mostly along the coast, that fit that bill. Most times of year I'd say the trainers would be fine for the more strenuous hiking as well - the one we did was across the island, and trainers were fine for that - but again if you run a greater risk of slippery slopes then the heavier hiking shoes would be better. But I'm not sure I'd recommend doing such hikes at all if the conditions are likely to be wet on a given day - which, again, you're more likely to encounter in January.

Sorry I'm offering some negative information here.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 2:07 pm

Thanks. Yes we know about the wettest month, but we are Scottish. Its rained all day every day here for what feels like forever, and it's supposed to be summer. At least in Seychelles it will be warm and wet, and as we're in the area for 3 weeks we'd be spectacularly unlikely to get constant rain. Famous last words??? You wouldn't believe how hard it was to decide where to go! Caribbean was out as I've lived there and we go often. South pacific too complex this trip. Been to Thailand. Maldives didn't appeal with its one island, one resort style. Can't go anywhere malarial at this point in time. So we're taking chances on the weather!!

The shoe advice is much appreciated. Hiking boots are heavy
Old Jul 19, 2012, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, I'd forgotten that you're from EDI! In that case, full speed ahead. You'll have a great time.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 2:50 pm

Ah, I'd forgotten that you're from EDI! In that case, full speed ahead. You'll have a great time.

Thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
Planning on celebrating our anniversary here this October for 7-8 nights. A couple of quick questions for those who have been there:

1) As an HHonors Gold what benefits can we expect? Complimentary breakfast and is it a full breakfast?
2) Any chance of getting an upgrade to one of the Pool Villas (either the Hillside or Beachfront)?
3) Related to food costs. Is it possible to bring in a cooler bag/box of food (i.e. lunch meats etc..). This was recommended to us by another FTer for the Hilton Resort at Cabo and saved us a lot on meals there onsite. If so, is there a convenient and reasonable place on Mare to buy groceries? What is the luggage allowance on the ferry over to Silhouette? Is there a fridge in the rooms?

Thanks for the help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.