Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:19 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: SLH Indulged, M&M, SPG, IHG Elite, Hyatt Member
Originally Posted by Dsm2m2
Hello,

For people with experience taking the boat transfers, if I have a flight out of SEZ at 2:50PM, will the 11:15AM boat transfer (Labriz-Mahe) give me enough time to get to the airport and clear immigration etc?

Only other option is the 5:00AM departure which I imagine would be brutal for a 2:50PM flight.

TIA!
Yeah, that should be enough time. We did the same and we had ample time for immigration and a relaxed coffee in the lounge.The airport is very small, so no long walks.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:57 am

My QR flight from DOH arrives at 9:10am.

Sadly, I learned the ferries to the resort are at 9:30a, 3:45p and 6p.

What could I possibly do between 9:10a and 3:45p?

I am flying business class, so I assume I'll be one of the first one to get through immigration.

Based on what I have read, the drive between the airport and the resort is only 30 mins.

6 hours seem like an awfully long layover :/
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, MileagePlus Gold
Originally Posted by coltonatx

I am flying business class, so I assume I'll be one of the first one to get through immigration.

Based on what I have read, the drive between the airport and the resort is only 30 mins.

The jetty is like a hotel lobby/reception area. You could get the shuttle there, drop off your bags for secure storage, and go have lunch or explore nearby — maybe even go to the beach. Each of the restrooms at the jetty has a shower as well.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM

That is a perfect amount of time to visit the town and its sights including the local market. Go to the Hilton reception center and drop off your bags and see if there is a late ferry to catch, if not, take a local bus into town and enjoy walking around for a few hours. There is nothing local to do at the resort.
tinkerbell78 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by THECLIPPERS
That is a perfect amount of time to visit the town and its sights including the local market. Go to the Hilton reception center and drop off your bags and see if there is a late ferry to catch, if not, take a local bus into town and enjoy walking around for a few hours. There is nothing local to do at the resort.
do you recommend to take the shuttle to the reception and then a taxi to town? Or a taxi to the reception and then the bus into town?

thank u
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:02 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Are there any decent local restaurants around the resort or are you limited to eating at the hotel only? Also does the hotel have an executive lounge for evening drinks/hors d'oeuvre? Thank you!
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Anish
Are there any decent local restaurants around the resort or are you limited to eating at the hotel only? Also does the hotel have an executive lounge for evening drinks/hors d'oeuvre? Thank you!

no and no. There is a restaurant on the island by the jetty that was open for dinner 2 years ago when I was there but not sure if it still is. Other than that you are subject to the resort’s restaurants. Can pack your own snacks and alcohol you can buy in Mahe if you have space in your luggage. They had a happy hour in the evening with bogo drinks and had a diamond cocktail once a week.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by harrisk7
no and no. There is a restaurant on the island by the jetty that was open for dinner 2 years ago when I was there but not sure if it still is. Other than that you are subject to the resort’s restaurants. Can pack your own snacks and alcohol you can buy in Mahe if you have space in your luggage. They had a happy hour in the evening with bogo drinks and had a diamond cocktail once a week.
Got it, thanks a ton!
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!

is the ferry free to get the resort? Im looking at booking the same flight you had, so Im trying to figure this out. What did you end up doing?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, MileagePlus Gold
The ferry is not free, and neither is the shuttle to get to the ferry. I believe it's 145 Euro per adult for the boat (round trip). More information is available in the following link:
https://www.hiltonseychelleslabriz.c...edule_2018.pdf
mrx900 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by bladel
The ferry is not free, and neither is the shuttle to get to the ferry. I believe it's 145 Euro per adult for the boat (round trip). More information is available in the following link:
https://www.hiltonseychelleslabriz.c...edule_2018.pdf
Thank you so much!
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat; AS MVP Gold; BA Silver; LATAM Black; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Plat; GHA Plat
Update on Diamond benefits

Just completed a 6-night award stay in a King Garden villa. Truly a gem: set inside a national park, with absolutely empty beaches just a short walk north or south of the resort.

Diamond benefits:

* I was upgraded for the last 2 nights to a Beachfront villa w/ plunge pool. Resort was sold out the previous 4 nights. Next time, I will try to arrange a cash upgrade in advance.

* Complimentary bike (normally $7 / hour). Very useful, since the resort is spread out over 3/4 mile.

* Complimentary kayak & paddle board (normally $28 / hour).

Snorkeling gear is about $10 / day; may wish to bring your own.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, UA 1K, AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold
we completed a nearly 2 week stay in December & loved it as well! The empty beaches are really really special!
Old May 11, 2019, 4:50 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Italian_Kayaker
Just completed a 6-night award stay in a King Garden villa. Truly a gem: set inside a national park, with absolutely empty beaches just a short walk north or south of the resort.

Diamond benefits:

* I was upgraded for the last 2 nights to a Beachfront villa w/ plunge pool. Resort was sold out the previous 4 nights. Next time, I will try to arrange a cash upgrade in advance.

* Complimentary bike (normally $7 / hour). Very useful, since the resort is spread out over 3/4 mile.

* Complimentary kayak & paddle board (normally $28 / hour).

Snorkeling gear is about $10 / day; may wish to bring your own.
Is the bathroom modern and updated. There are 2 seychelles properties in their brand program and honestly one of the most important things to me in a villa or suite is the bathroom. In the room you were upgraded to was the bath updated and did it feature shower a walk in with a rain shower head?
tinkerbell78 likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 8:59 am

Yes. The bathroom is very modern with indoor walk-in shower, double vanity and plenty of mirrors. Only one tub which is outdoors, if I remember correctly.
tinkerbell78 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.